Reviews for The Devil's Own
Slenderbrine chapter 13 . 2/23
I see Sally-Anne having an Animagus form of some enormous and dangerous animal, like a dragon or a roc. Like, I’d find it numerous if this small and socially awkward girl had the capability to become an enormous death monster. Because lulz
dnightshadow13 chapter 13 . 2/22
I read silently watches and I was hopeful for your story. You blow my expectations away please continue to update. I really look forward to the next installment.
syed chapter 13 . 2/21
A story I read claimed the Wee free men, were a group of Scottish Weasley gnomes. Imagine if there was a potion that made gnomes into Feegle, quick, strong, able to disappear and reappear as needed. I love the idea of a bunch of small blue people beating up evil wizards.

There is possession, so imagine if they could create the art of borrowing. That was always a cool ability. It's not full out control, but a partnership. The animal does a favor for a magic user, and in return they are well cared for. I could see an animagus able to use such a talent with animals similar yo their dorm. Minerva if she had this skill, work best with cats, as well as felines in general.
The ability to remove pain, channel heat, and other skills demonstrated by the witches of discworld does not seem that far outside of the realms of magical possibility.

I could see Harry making a broom, he already has a partial design does he not. What if he built something like a paraglider? It is not a muggle item, but most would assume it is just a big kite or glider.
Wizards can travel through the floo, Phoenix travel via fire, I think some magic ships can travel through water, or at least deep under it. I wonder if there is an equivalent for air, wind or storms, possibly even lightning. I could see specially designed lightning rods, for the sending and receiving stations. Likely only usable in very high up regions.

A patronus foci would be so cool. We know it can send messages, imagine if Harry can adapt it for other uses. Able to use it senses, defeat other dark creatures that gave an emotional aspect, intercept spells likely dark arts, can contain and absorb dark energies from cursed objects, purify/purge poisons, it could pierce/reveal illusions, expose disguises. Advanced applications likely would require corporeal patronus. Say there are light art magic that uses emotion, could a patronus carry/contain it?
C.M.Alm chapter 13 . 2/21
interesting... :)
sandmanwake chapter 13 . 2/21
Come on, tentacle sex monster animagus form for Harry. Those dementors won't know what hit them.
C.M.Alm chapter 12 . 2/19
love it! looking forward to more
Kairan1979 chapter 12 . 2/19
Thanks for the chapter.
Cool, cool, cool! I needz moar!
Kingofclubs8129 chapter 12 . 2/14
Good Omens was such a great book lol.
syed chapter 12 . 2/14
I bet the dwarfs would pay a lot for supplies of goblin silver. And the goblins will not be happy that their secret has escaped. The thing is goblins believe craft work belongs to the creator, especially items made from goblin silver. So if Harry makes them, according to goblin law, they belong to him. Harry is using a silver ring as a battery for his wand. I bet goblin silver would be an improvement. I can see where magically strengthened silver will make his foci stronger and longer lasting. Could Harry create a ring that most wands will attune to, instead of latching on to him? That would let him safely use the elder wand or even say tom wand. Goblin silver absorbs what tries to harm it. So I wonder if it allows for permanent enchantment.
Imagine a silver weapon killing a dementor, gaining its aura and soul draining effect. I bet lash knows the design for a warden sword. It could be adapted to work here. It could destroy horcrux without harming the container.

If lash can be blocked, then I don't see why she can't be projected. We know tom was able to posses his snake, so suitable vessel could be used. I am thinking a customized portrait of lash, or a augemented pensieves. Multiple people can share a memory, it is similar to a mental scape. I wonder if Harry could create something akin to a sanctum. It would not be designed to contain or bind her, but be a medium for lash to communicate/interact with the world around her, or at least around Harry. An enchanted mirror or radio. We know there is illusion magic, so find a visual and auditory illusion, that lash could manipulate to communicate.

Binding the fairy courts to land sounds very big, the whole binding to the land makes me think of a Genus loci, a spirit of a location. We know there was something similar at Hogwarts. So there could be such spirits at each place of power.

How old is this location? We know a school was set here, but the impression I got was that it was older. I wonder where tHis school got its library from.
It seems to me it was a fairy holding, but when they were bound, it was left vacant. I bet when freed they would want it back. If the fairy can be bound, then certain places could be denied to them? We already know what wards would need to be added, bindings of iron, salt and blood. Securing their locations of power, and negotiating their access to them once freed, would be a way to keep them in check . If they are all clearly magical in nature as this place, then they are likely known to the magical community.
UnstoppableFarce chapter 12 . 2/14
Ah yes, the ineffability. Surely a good omen to have it on your side :)
Difdi chapter 4 . 2/12
Actually, you can mail order deuterium in fairly sizable amounts. It's used regularly in college level chemistry classes. A liter of heavy water costs around 340 pounds today, which would be cheaper in the 1990s. Heavy water is two deuterium atoms and an oxygen atom, in much the same way water is two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom.

Depending on how finely the summoning charm (accio) can be focused, Harry might be able to summon deuterium out of sea water - if so, he'd get about a tenth of a gram of deuterium per liter of sea water in his range. Given how far he can summon a broom from, that's a LOT of water.
good story
talesfanjmf chapter 11 . 2/11
Really looking forward to seeing what Tracey will learn from Harry.
talesfanjmf chapter 10 . 2/11
An encounter with a fae queen was certainty unexpected, but not surprising.