Reviews for The Devil's Own
GodOfDonuts chapter 22 . 7/16
Awesome that you adopted this story, i was worried that like most others it would die. But its great to see that the quality is still so high and the plot is still compelling, you've done a great job and i can't wait for the next chapter.
Axccel chapter 4 . 7/15
I'm surprised neither Harry or Lash brought up the fact that if the Statute of Secrecy was raised as an extreme defensive measure, it means that the witch hunts were actually sufficiently successful to terrify the entire magical population into running away and hiding.

Meh, Aimee and him will end up together. Or he'll get a veela harem. After all the shit he goes through...I can understand fearing the dilution of their species into extinction. But, I doubt Aimee would be willing to be with someone else. He's basically her emotional strut much like (though less extensive) he is to Sally. So, the Veela would have to choose between diluted veela children or no offspring at all.
Axccel chapter 3 . 7/15
You said that Sally was going to be home-schooled. That means it is an option, which means the Obliviator had no legal reason to do anything at all. Plus, there are other schools she could have attended. I can understand not letting a partially trained child run around with a wand without sufficient supervision making obliviation and binding necessary, but this was not such a case. This also means the Healer was party to the crime. So, the Obliviator is guilty of quite a lot of serious crimes, against a child no less, not to mention reporting a false claim of her committing crimes.
Axccel chapter 2 . 7/15
Or, Harry could, y'know, contact the media and magical governments of other countries about what happened. I'm sure they would love the political clout of Britain preventing their students from getting education anywhere but Hogwarts. Going so far as to destroy families and bind the magic of children. It would be too good to pass up even if there were already backdoor deals going on. Plus, with Harry Potter himself throwing a fit about it, the weight his claims would carry would be like a morning star to the face.
Isa Lumitus chapter 22 . 6/24
Well, this might not be in Silently's style, but you seem to have kept a key part of the tone in this. I mean, in year one, Harry missed the 'rescue Hermione' sidequest, with some dark results. Meanwhile, this is the first time I've seen Innocent!Sirius get Kissed. The appearance of Umbridge sure sets the stage for what happens next, too.
Tork01 chapter 22 . 5/27
Interesting. Sirius shows up, and then he's gone. Pettigrew is gone too. And now Umbitch shows up. If harry is suddenly at Malfoy Manor, then there would still be civility. Knowing her though, it might be straight to a sealed dungeon.
Treant Balewood chapter 22 . 5/6
Nooooooooo, not a hiatus!? Alright see ya around, really digging this, Thanks for Writing!
Fuck. Because government meddling was JUST the thing we needed. That being said, I love how Harry and Tracey ignore Umbridge up until she actually speaks up. I mean, why wouldn't they, it's a public place and someone's just clearing their throat.
Dragon Man 180 chapter 22 . 4/29
Geee, I wonder who bribed Fudge the most to get Harry assigned to them? He must have made a fortune selling Harry to the highest bidder. Just another black mark against him that I hope Harry gets to take revenge for.
talesfanjmf chapter 22 . 4/28
Yeah, I think a hiatus might benefit this story a bit. This way you can get your creative juices flowing.
talesfanjmf chapter 21 . 4/28
This one felt rather short.
Kairan1979 chapter 22 . 4/27
Ministry approved guardians? My government-idiocy-sense is tingling...
xbox432 chapter 22 . 4/26
...Good lord, they're sending him to the Malfoys aren't they? I mean, he has a connection to the Tonks as well I believe, but something tells me that they don't have quite as much money to throw at a problem as Lucius... Harry DID manage to get possession of his vault key by now didn't he?

Also, aw, sweet bit there between Sally-Anne and Tracey. And an interesting plot twist with him offering to be Tracey's proxy fiancee until they're both old enough to nullify it. Would the maniac you mentioned perhaps be Tracey's father and not Barty Jr.?
syed chapter 22 . 4/26
The ministry has to have some kind of land registry, fairy empowered lands are likely unique enough to be noticeable.

If you think about it, the bard school might be the perfect location for were wolves. Remote, secure and contained
bigd95822 chapter 22 . 4/26
Wow. first off, I love this story. even though it's been passed on from writer to writer, I'm still reading it.
But this last chapter? That wasn't even as good as a premature ejaculation. In fact, it was less satisfying. Why even bother, you could have tacked it onto the end of ch.21 and at least it would have seemed like you were making an effort.
And now you're on hiatus? for how long? a month? a year? until June of 2020 when you pump out another 400 words and call it good?
I understand how much work and hurt and sweat and worry go into making a single chapter.
This feels like you just told everyone who followed this story from the beginning and said "OK, I'm bored. See you in the fall. now fuck off!"