Reviews for A Welcome Interruption
PiffyEQ chapter 1 . 2/2
He should turn her into a toad and use her for potion ingredients!
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
I like that you have Snape showing his good side here. It's nice to see the line he's drawn where he'll actually step in and properly defend Harry and I like that he knew what was happening and intervened so quickly.

I can see Umbridge losing it and taking things a step too far. She has the air of someone who thinks she's above the law.

Your characterisation here is great and I enjoyed reading this. It was well written. :)
rhead-a-holyc chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Hero!Severus was certainly an interesting choice, especially since this is one of the most canon Severus's I've seen, and he didn't barge into Umbridge's office wand ablaze. He was also couldn't be bothered with helping Harry to the hospital wing, and I found that a nice (if slightly funny, to me) touch to add.

A little bit of background would have made this drabble a little better - what did Harry do or say to set Umbridge off this time? Or what pushed Umbridge off to the point where she would cast the Cruciatus curse?

Your Umbridge was a beautiful character, though. You wrote her perfectly - her insistence that she's right, and her inability to do much other than flaunt her power whenever questioned were really well done.

Good job
CelestialRosegold chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
With the title and summary, (I admit I didn't read the genre), I was expecting this to be a crack story. But it was beautiful, sad, angst. Umbridge was quite in character, in fact, this is why most of us dislike her! She has that...unfeeling sense of discipline which you've conveyed very well. AND SNAPE! Snape coming to save Harry from Umbridge is just beautiful. As is this whole story and the descriptions in it!
obscurialdefenseclub chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
God. I hate that woman. The thought of her actually following through - and she would've in canon, which makes me loathe her. I loathe her so much ugggh
Anyways, I really love how this was done, and I really think you got Snape's characterization perfectly (and Umbridge's too, seeing as I hate her). I'd really like to see a follow-up where Snape owns the Toad (and maybe him getting closer with Harry in a mentor relationship), this feels like a prologue to a longer story, tbh :p But obviously, how long it is is up to you:)
I loved the fic's flow and I spotted no grammar errors. Well done!:3
-Ana
Zivandre chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
While I do wish this was fleshed out a bit more, but I do like the idea of Severus saving Harry from Umbitch. While I did imagine Umbitch as a turkey on the gobbled bit, I love how you used that word-seeing as I never see it used on a person, instead of a turkey. Great job!
Jily Trash chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
I would have loved to see more of Snape getting angry with Umbridge. You should definitely write a follow-up.
That being said, there were a few grammatical mistakes that could have been caught by a beta but required a re-reading of some sentences.
Also, I was a little confused by the fact that the Cruciatus Curse was making him carve letters into his own hand, wouldn’t that be Imperio? In that case, that should be made clear (:
Other than that, I liked it, especially the ending with Snape confronting Umbridge! Good job!
SecretFruits chapter 1 . 12/10/2017
So I really like this. I've always wanted to see a fic where somebody steps in to defend Harry from Umbridge, and Severus Snape is an interesting choice. You pulled it off in this in a way quite in character. I love how you described Umbridge's cruelty - I could really see her face as she tortured Harry. And I like how Snape took her down in a very Snape way; he wasn't suddenly super mushy.

My only complaint would be that Harry wasn't feeling more tortured in the end, if that makes sense. He seems exhausted, but one would expect him to be a bit more shaken than that.

Overall lovely piece!
Christine chapter 1 . 12/8/2017
I am going to shamelessly beg and plead for you to continue this story. This first chapter is good, in my opinion. :-)
RainyDayReading chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
Great fic!
It was incredibly well-written, and you got Umbridge perfectly (gosh I hate that woman. *glares*)
If it were anybody else, I wouldn't be able to believe using the Cruciatus Curse on a student, but it was Umbridge, so...
And Snape coming to the rescue was very perfect. I like the thought that he's not a bad guy, and you wrote him perfectly.
Great job!
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
Snape to the rescue. I really loathe Umbridge; with all my heart I would love to punch her. Therefore that means you characterised her perfectly because I'm angry. I liked that Snape, even Snape, knows this is illegal and in his usual way told Umbridge to do one. That being said I loved the line 'Umbridge gobbled' I nearly died. Yay for fic's that make snape a human being! x
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
Oh, that was nice! And you did such a great job of getting Snape's voice right too! It's so rare to see him be actually in character in fics, so I really liked this. Plus Umbridge torturing Harry was such a canon thing (I hate Umbridge so much (cwl)). I really liked that Snape was Harry's rescuer in this, and his confusion at that fact was perfect :)
Nice work! :)
Cheers! ;)
ipsa dixit chapter 1 . 12/2/2017
ever since this was requested and you took it i was looking forward to reading it and this did not disappoint! even though i dont like snape all that much, i do love that he can take down umbridge like this - i hate her even more. great story :DD
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 11/30/2017
Welp, that's Umbridge for ya, finding any excuse to torture Harry.

["Crucio," Harry saw the lips move] - The comma should be a period. The following sentence is not a dialogue tag and shouldn't be connected to the dialogue as if it were one. (A dialogue tag should directly state that the speaker said the quote, not vaguely imply it from the perspective of a different character.)

You'd think she would have thought to do something about soundproofing the room if she was going to torture someone and have them screaming, but apparently she didn't think of that...

Snape to the rescue! ...ish?

[Umbridge gobbled with anger] - Are you... calling her a turkey? XD

Harry, don't think of it as him helping you, think of it as Snape doing whatever he can to get back at Umbridge... everyone hates Umbridge, even Snape.
miss skinny love chapter 1 . 11/30/2017
Thank you so much, Maisie! I love it! Your Umbridge is just as awful as canon, and your Snape is IC - still not nice, even when he's the hero. Poor Harry ... gets zapped by the Cruciatus Curse and he has the Potion Git to thank as his saviour ... Imagine next Potions class. I wonder if Snape would hold it over him somehow? Anyway, I love the fic - thanks! (I'm smiling widely.)