Reviews for Book 6: Promises Delivered - New Beginnings
RED78910 chapter 30 . 2/13
Hello. Still getting caught up. Just thought I'd give a quick thought while it was still in my mind.

In this chapter we are reminded of the actions taken in the previous story concerning LEAP and Atlas. Namely the decisions that got A Lot of people killed as a direct result of Samantha and Liara's actions. Actions that killed a good number of Atlas personnel (Who, remember, were actually bent on Helping Shepard and Co at the time.) as well as civilians.

Now, I'm honestly not sure here if we're supposed to see Liara and Shepard's actions as Good or if it was a mistake on their part but...I won't lie, it always has been a major black mark on my opinion of them. I can get manipulation and power plays, but to get innocent people killed along with those who were if anything Beneficial to your side and seem to just not really Care about any of it...It does not help me root for them is all I'm saying.

Still working through ALL the backlog. Hope you are well.
RED78910 chapter 27 . 1/25
Hello there. Long time no see.

Well, I am back, alive, and in the process of getting caught up on all the shows, movies, and stories I missed while I was gone. Been...a lot to catch up on, and I still have a long ways to go.

I forgot you had killed Hackett, so that was a 'nice' surprise to re-read, and see the aftermath of. He was really one of the very few capable and reasonable people in the Alliance, so his death...does not bode well for things to come. Likewise Shepard giving up her citizenship struck me as...Well, I'm not sure how to explain it.

I can more then understand leaving the Alliance and moving to Thessia. Revoking Citizenship though...That's not something I was expecting. I can see why, but still...

Hope you are doing well. Will continue to read and review as am able. Take care and hope to see an update soon!
Theodur chapter 36 . 1/19
I won't hide that I'm happy for the LEAP arc to come to an end. I think my biggest gripe with them was that they were just not interesting enough as antagonists. Their threat never felt particularly serious, and they weren't exactly complicated, conflicted and multi-layered personality wise.

That said, the story still provided a lot of interesting and satisfying elements. From the top of my head, I really enjoyed Zoe's redemption arc, Livos and her romance, and Riana's trust issues with ex-Cerberus.

So, overall still a very solid job, and I'm looking forward to the next one!
Taiki chapter 36 . 1/15
loved this installment of Liara and Shep's story! I can't wait to read more of their story! I am so excited to see what happens next!
pandacorn25 chapter 36 . 1/11
This was great, I really have enjoyed these and I can't wait to see what you come up with. That being said, would you mind telling me what you have for us next.
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 36 . 1/11
Interesting finale to this section. You'll know my major series concerns already but with respect to this chapter, my one note of interest is Shepard's comment that: "On Earth, we have multiple agencies of law enforcement;" given she has recently turned in her citizenship in the SA, one wonders if that would be how she phrased it or would she say something like: "On Earth they have" or "On Earth there are". One can easily argue that she would use "we" by havit but it is an interesting point of debate. Thanks to you for your hard work on this as always. Looking forward to the new story.
Theodur chapter 35 . 12/29/2018
I felt a strange sense of deja vu when starting to read this chapter, but then I realized it was because a part of it was a direct copy of the ending of the previous chapter... not sure that was intentional on your part. :)

Aside that, it was a nice progression of the Alliance plot. Things started to really move at a faster pace and give the impression that we're getting to the end of this particular story line.

Seems like Barla Von has an innocent little crush on Oriana, it's really cute. Nice job!
sebeteus chapter 33 . 12/26/2018
Great stuff again! I got to wonder, is the mind-link only possible due to Samantha's genetic modification after all...?
Theodur chapter 34 . 12/17/2018
I really enjoyed the Atlas investigation, up to the point of the seargant's arrest. Her interrogation... not so much. That seemed to violate so many basic human rights that I don't have enough fingers on my hands to count them all. That sort of thing doesn't look great on your resume when you're trying to present yourself as one of the Good Guys. You can't just cast aside due process when it's expedient for you.

I do love those little exchanges between Zoe and Riana... or anyone in Atlas with Riana. There's that conflict between characters that I feel this story needs more of. Everyone's getting along so painfully well otherwise.

Looks like something's finally going down with the quarians. About time! Nice chapter. :)
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 34 . 12/14/2018
Interesting chapter. I wonder a bit at the 12.4 KG gold bars. 27.5 LB seems a strange weight but maybe this is a standard? Also wondered at the long delay in relay realignment. 30 minutes seems an awfully long time to receive a ship. Curious as to your thinking here. Thanks loads for your hard work on this as always, looking forward to future installments.
Theodur chapter 33 . 12/8/2018
Klein's murder and Zoe being suspected for it, now that's a really great and clever twist that makes that whole story line a lot more interesting! I like how it immediately brings up such tension between Shepard and Atlas. They now have to act quickly to prove Zoe's innocence and catch the real killer, so the intensity immediately goes up several notches. Nice!

Thessian politics probably aren't the most interesting aspect of this chapter, and I don't necessarily like the idea of Shepard and Liara influencing the political process with their 'preference'. Doesn't seem like a good idea. But congrats to Shepard on becoming an asari citizen!

I love the reunion of Livos and Zan. They're a cute couple. Any chance we can see more of them together during Zan's little vacation on Thessia? :)

Very nice chapter, sorry for taking so long with reading!
Theodur chapter 32 . 11/23/2018
This Sheldon Webster character and his involvement continues to puzzle me quite a bit. I find it a little curious that with all the security concerns, everyone would be so cool with ex-Atlas agent coming and going. I also wonder if he’s being introduced as possible romantic interest for Zoe. He just seems a little bit too milktoast for that.

Seems like the noose is tightening around the necks of some conspirators. It’s a neat little investigation and kinda fun to see the Atlas guys doing detective work.

Zoe has a strange attitude towards her scars. ;) I can think of a lot of better ways to remember coming close to death. In fact, I’m pretty sure I would remember something like that without needing a visual reminder. :D

I’ll give this chapter decent marks. Not the most exciting, but gets the job done.
Theodur chapter 31 . 11/4/2018
Yep, I think this story is officially back on track! Keep it up!

Nice interplay between the asari spectre and our favorite couple. Always a good idea for a polite social visit if you're going to carry out on operation on someone's home turf. She might be a hard-ass, but no reason to step on a fellow spectre's toes, right?

The meeting between Shepard and the Atlas leadership went pretty well. I bet they would be happy for the deal! Operating outside the law is always risky and probably not something you want to do your entire life, so having that spectre authorization and amnesty has to be a huge relief. Now they just need to behave.

I think my favorite part of the chapter was just watching Riana's reaction throughout the meeting. That was marvelously well, and it said so much with so few words. It's always great to see when a writer can pull something like that off.

A seriously good chapter, this!
Theodur chapter 30 . 10/22/2018
I think this felt like a much more focused chapter. I really like Shepard's idea of working with Maya and Atlas. You don't have to like them in order to have a working relationship. Are there really that many morally upstanding citizens in this information broker business? I think not. You're not going to be spoiled for choice.

I found Riana's objections not entirely logical, but for her it clearly is a very emotional reaction, and it felt natural and understandable. Even if I don't agree with her, I really liked the focus on her working through these issues, also because it allowed you to go back to her relationship with Traynor, something that I have been missing in this story, and in my opinion was sadly a little neglected. Great to see more of it.

It was a little disturbing to read about the deaths of Atlas members and their families, and then have Liara doubling down on their decision that led to all these deaths. On a visceral level, it feels seriously wrong and makes me wonder if that actually didn't lead to more deaths than Maya's assassination totals, so I'm not sure who's the bad guy in the big picture.

Osoba acting like a heel there kinda took me by surprise, it seemed like he had always been at least semi-decent? Then again, Shepard was pretty bitchy and petty in hitting back, so I thought it wasn't a very proud moment for either of them. I think the sooner Shepard can move on from her complicated relationship with Earth, the better, because it doesn't bring out the best in her. Hopefully meeting that asari spectre might be a turning point for a new plot arch.

Really enjoyed this chapter! Still not sure why that Sheldon guy is here, but I guess I'll find out when he meets with Maya.
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 30 . 10/19/2018
Nice job on this chapter. you do excellently at showing the separation and tangles between the institutional relationships and personal views of many of the characters. I assume you won't have Riana go too far in her views on Ms. Lawrence which is in many ways too bad as we can all point to interpersonal issues that led to career changes either for ourselves or people we know. The tiff with the Human Counselor is also nicely packaged as is the mysterious meeting with the Asari spectre. Looking forward to future installments and thankful for your hard work on this one.