Reviews for Is Different
Starco4everr chapter 3 . 11/8/2019
When will you update new chapters? It's been a year without publishing
ChameleonGiant chapter 3 . 6/25/2019
Ahhhhhh this is so great!

I loved what you were implying about Eclipsa! You have no idea how excited that simple detail made me! When she appeared in the show I was so sure she was going to play this amazing and mysterious antagonist with a seemingly obscure moral-compass. I really wish the show had actually explored her dark magic properly. Now I REALLY want to know more about what went down between her and Marco in this story...

I’m also beginning to think that whatever is ailing Marco is more then just his thoughts or drinking alcohol on an empty stomach. Poor guy.

Oml Janna. OML Jantom!

Your writing is awesome to read by the way. I love how the words don’t sound rehashed and each sentence strives to be unique, yet not overbearing. Lots of cool lingo I hadn’t heard before is in there haha. I also forgot to mention this last chapter but there’s a section in the story (the part where he finds her blood moon ball gown I think) where all the spaces between paragraphs are gone so it just looks like there’s a brief wall of text in the story. This in no way took away from your fantastic story-telling but I thought I’d let you know!

Thank you for sharing this. I’m a bit sad, I really wish there was more to read! This looked like it was starting out to be a really cool story
ChameleonGiant chapter 2 . 6/25/2019
Omygosh that final reaction was so great! It's really nice getting to see Marco hang out with all these older dudes while having one of his famous "stuck in life" moments hahaha. I just love how sincere and fatherly these interactions have been. Lovabo's steadfastness and sincerity made my heart melt a little. You wrote him in such a gentle and admirable way, and I loved how it affected Marco.

Your story is so beautiful! I feel like it's rare to see a focus on characters like River, Buff Frog & Lovabo on such a deep and personal level so it makes me really happy that I found this awsome fic!
ChameleonGiant chapter 1 . 6/24/2019
Oh my goodness this story is so beautiful...! I didn’t expect it to carry so much weight already within the first chapter. Seeing Buff Frog and Marco bond a little was really wonderful too. And I love what they said to one another. I love how genuine and important and determined those words are.
Starco4everr chapter 3 . 5/4/2019
Please update more. I really love it
Metre chapter 3 . 5/6/2018
Aww, this is sweet
korsunskiye chapter 3 . 1/11/2018
Love your story so far. Out of most other stories I read, yours seems to have captured Marcos interaction with the world and power so far, since it seems that in your story Marco once got a taste of dark magic , but at a price and this combined with his current 'helplessness' leads to a sort of existential crisis, which seems human to me. Also, can I mention, how you (in my opinion) nailed Janna. Her short mention just feels like something the writers would do with her.
imhere4svtfoe chapter 3 . 1/9/2018
Well that was a cute chapter, never would have seen Pony Head like that but hey, can't judge a book by it's cover unless it's Janna.

I honestly thought Marco would throw up at some point at the party, most of the description just kept stating how he was not feeling well and he has something in his throat etc.

Glad to see some other characters, much needed since the self loathing was just getting too boring.

Still cannot figure where the author is going with this story.
imhere4svtfoe chapter 1 . 1/9/2018
Gotta always love a story that includes Buff Frog, he is always portrayed as a father figure to the characters and is a very compassionate, advice giving, friendly monster that just seems to make the story enjoyable.

Typical Marco and his fear of breaking the law lol.

If he's dating Star then shouldn't he be allowed to participate with the dance as he is formally courting her and is probably in line to be king?

Why the self loathing? He should be 18 but he is being portrayed as if he is still 14 years old? His character, even in this story, just seems so out of character and would only make sense if Star was still dating Tom.

Marco should be a knight or something by now or be a will respected advisor to the future Queen.

Kind of wish there were more character interactions even if described only.
imhere4svtfoe chapter 2 . 1/9/2018
Man this chapter was difficult to read, not because it's difficult but it revolved around fabrics which was...not too interesting even with that bit of magic.

Why the self loathing Marco still? I could understand it if he was not with Star but he is and 4 years should have been enough to proven himself. He is basically his 14 year old self in an 18 year old body? By now he should have been knighted or something. His character in respect to his age and relationship just seems way out of character so it's hard to believe he would be suffering so much.

I did like the lavabo inclusion, and your writing it thoroughly descriptive so it's easy to picture the scenes.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/9/2018
Really enjoying it so far. Can't wait for next chapter!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
I truly love this author, they always seem to truly grasp the theme and characters courageously and their story telling is incredible. It always feels like I’m watching the show in my mind.
RLeb10 chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
In my opinion. This should continue just to know what's Star gonna decide to be with Marco or rule a kingdom or also a rarity of both.