Reviews for The Irresponsible Captain Tylor: Obituary
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Hey there, GLCorps!

Recently I've rewatched Tylor, and I'm actually rewatching it again (immediately afterward) to pick up all the extra details, some outlined in the music videos and extras features on the DVDs.

That said, I thought this premise was pretty interesting, and I'm lamenting the lack of Tylor 'fics out there, because the series is actually one that lends itself to all kinds of outcomes (if you don't go by the stuff we English-speakers (or rather, those of us outside of Japan) can't get access to... Apparently in a grahpic novel or light novel, Tylor has children (and is older), but because I have no access to this, my canon includes only the TV series and OVAs and extras on the DVDs.

Anyway, I read through this with misgivings, because of it containing an original character, but it turned out that for the most part, it was interesting and a worthwhile read. A nice idea having Makoto and Yuriko end up together- I think the series wasn't aiming that direction, but it was clear he really liked her/was into her, so that was cute.

I did think HOW they got together was really silly, a bit ridiculous, and it didn't quite make sense, but ignoring that, I loved that the original character could have been Tylor's kid...or maybe not. Just like "Was it luck or brains?", we'll never know!

Nice job,

Tovath chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
This story is quite good. I am glad I had a chance to read it.
NeonProdigy chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
VERY nice story. Well thought out, well written, and it flows nicely too. I love it.

And the universe isn't ready to know whether Tylor was a genius or just lucky (heehee)

My conspiracy theory for the day? [Actually, he WAS a genius, and he'd even planned the events of this story!]
EveryDayPerson chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Yeah, whether Tylor is a genius or a lucky fool is best left unknown ;) Good story! Loved it.
hikarisan chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
hey, that was pretty good! an unuaual idea for a tylor fic...and there really aren't enough of them anyway. a few technical mistakes, but good content, and you kept everybody in character. good job, keep up the good work! _
KotatsuNeko chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
This was a good read; few spelling/grammar mistakes, everyone seemed well in character, and it's an interesting premise.

The one thing I would comment on is that it suffers from 'Talking Head Syndrome'. Adding some description of what the characters are doing when they're talking, and how they're saying things, would make it flow better. Also, one common mistake made was in sentences such as:

'"I see." My mother said, suddenly looking awkward.'

When speech is followed by narrative that refers to the speech, they're grammatically considered the same sentence. In other words, it should be:

'"I see," my mother said, suddenly looking awkward.'

Otherwise, not too bad.
Rigelle chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
H-holy... I..This is the best fic I've read in a very, very long time. It's well written, as the only other person to review it (why aren't there more!) said there's few if any grammatical/spelling errors... and COULD happen! You wrote the characters extremely well, and I absolutely LOVE the ending... and the concept itself... The only thing I have a tiny, itsy bitsy bit of difficulty with is if Tylor would get into an argument. He seems to keep his cool in so many situatuations that are on an even higher level than that, but I dunno. Then again, that's a far, far more personal issue. Who knows for sure? I also love how you kept the theme of the series.. IS he a genius? XD Great work. Just the mood-lifter (in an odd way) That I needed.
MazokuRanma chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
Just thought the story should get a review, seeing as how it was quite good. It's excellently written, almost zero spelling/grammar mistakes, which makes any story a pleasure to read. Keep writing, you've got quite a knack for it.