Reviews for Infighting, Insanity, and Social Ineptitude
Spring Dragonfly chapter 51 . 2/12
This is a great fic. You did an excellent job with the character interactions, and I like your take on Team CRDL. I actually cried about Sky, twice. I never thought I'd say that.
M chapter 51 . 1/22
This is the best fic I have ever read. Seriously.
mythamagica chapter 51 . 1/21
So this is one of my favorite rwby fic like, ever, and I always love rereading this, but the specific reason why I’m commenting is a lot dumber - it’s because I know ABSW is ‘alabaster’ like, in the story itself, but every time I see the acronym my first thought is ‘abomasnow’

Anyways, I love this fic, between the plot and the friendships it’s all beautifully done, so thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Guest chapter 51 . 12/13/2019
Great story.
xfel chapter 51 . 9/15/2019
So, I read all this as Ebook, and couldn't write direct reviews, so here is my overall impression. It was great! Some smaller things were a bit weird, but that doesn't distract me from the fun I had reading it. The banter is spot-on (I got some really weird looks for my reaction to Russel actually naming Kevin the Grimm dragon).
I like what you did with CRDL, most of these characters are just blank slates after all. Cardin's turn to the better comes a little fast in the end, but that's only a minor complaint.
I also liked your interpretation of Jacques Schnee, but his story didn't really get a conclusion here.

Another part where this fic really shines is the villains. We don't see much of their character or motivations, but that isn't necessairy. But they do act reasonable and have actual proper plans. While I'm kind of sad that Torchwick got captured early on, I really like what he did before, especially using Emeralds presence in the first fight. And Emerald herself, wow. Using her semblance to the max makes her an absolute horror to fight! *shiver*
Cinder's plan also seems a lot more grounded than canon. When the gang encountered Mercury with Junior, I realized that the Beacon infiltration won't work - but Cinder never planned that in the first place here, and let's be honest, that plan existed in canon for drama above anything else.
Adam is a footnote in comparison, but you did a good job to avoid him looking like the whiny ex. His first fight has some of the best banter though, first Weiss comparing him to Jacques, and than Cardin putting his racist asshole skills to good work baiting him.

There is probably much more I could say, but this is all I remember. Thanks for writing this story!
ayleid chapter 31 . 9/5/2019
I love this fic and your interpretation of Jacques in particular is pretty spot-on.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 51 . 8/22/2019
Liked this quite a bit, for the most part. I very heavily disagree with your interpretation of Beacon specialising in training heroes and everything involved with that, but despite that i liked the overall plot you had here. The characters were fun, the story flowed well, plot was well thought out. Overall a good read, so thanks for writing!
Fullmetal11791 chapter 21 . 8/20/2019
I really like a lot of what you've got going on with this story, but im not in love with your interpretation of Ozpin tbh. Yea he wants Ruby and her friends under his thumb as the next generation to fight against Salem, and yea he's being kinda mysterious, but he's being way too lenient about what is going on in his school.

There's no way he'd shrug off students in their first week destroying a multi million dollar air craft. And while i can see him being somewhat lenient about his students facing off against a criminal like Torchwick the first time, having them completely ignore his warning them to not do it again not even a week later would surely have him upset. Not smirking and undermining the vice principals decision.

And he's always treated becoming a huntsman as a very serious responsiblity. So him glorifying it here, claiming that Beacon is all about training hero's just feels gross and way ooc. I don't know why you decided to introduce this whole hero theme tbh. Yes it's Ruby and Jaune's dream in the show, but it's beaten out of them pretty damn quickly. And it's never encouraged by the staff.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 18 . 8/20/2019
I just want to play devil's advocate here since i don't think you or Sky's team are being at all fair about the Torchwick situation.

Consider this, "Sky wasn't a fighter. That had been obvious from the beginning." Straight from Ren, he acknowledges that he, Ruby and Pyrrha knew that Sky wasnt a fighter. He's getting fighting lessons from Ruby, Ren knew he was terrified in initiation, and he's stated he got into Beacon due to his academics. Hell, they knew he was super nervous about investigating Torchwick in the first place, and the only reason they convinced him to go out was because they specifically stated that they were only going to be observing, not confronting him.

Now, obviously with Torchwick threatening to kill someone priorities change. But that said, since all three of them *knew* he wasn't a fighter and was super scared about the whole thing, I'd argue that just as much blame lies with Ruby for forcing the issue. She made them go out when her team was clearly not ready as a whole.

Now, despite this, should Ren and Pyrrha still be disappointed in him? Maybe. They're only human, and yes he ran from the fight so i think it's fine that there is tension there. But getting additional detentions for doing so? Getting told by Port that he was almost expelled for it when Ruby should'nt have had her team out there in the first place? It's kinda bullshit. Hunters in the RWBY universe may be *viewed* as heroes by the general populace, but Beacon is certainly not *training* or *expecting* them to be heroes. They're being trained to do a job. A very important job, but a job nonetheless. There's a huge difference.

And sure, Beacon is a battle school. So if Sky cant fight, maybe he shouldnt be there. But in your story you've written it so that those who excel at academics can also be admitted. You've set a precedent that it's perfectly normal, if maybe unusual. So that said, i think the fact Sky is getting punished for a completely normal, human reaction is extremely distasteful and irritating.

At the very least, Ruby should have gotten an extra punishment for endangering her team before they were ready, and the teachers should have sat down and explained why dragging someone with two weeks of combat experience into a life or death battle wasnt a great idea. As apparently that isnt self explanatory...
Praelio chapter 51 . 7/20/2019
I was a slightly wary of this fic going in but man, did I have a GRAND time blasting through this in two days. Your characterizations are wonderful, the plot refreshingly original, and your take on the Maiden’s powers are as equally commendable.

Definitely a top 5 RWBY story for me, and that’s saying something seeing as I’ve probably read at least seven hundred or so of them by now.

Absolutely phenomenal work!
Imrix chapter 51 . 3/1/2019
I am genuinely rather amazed at how much substance you've managed to add to ideas that canon wanted to be there but fumbled with. Jaune is actually leadership material! Faunus racism is actually present! The Maidens actually come across as a Big McFuckin Deal! Cinder actually seems sinister, and her plan actually both makes some degree of sense AND suffers tangible setbacks! Glynda actually has a sense of authority to her, and her contributions are recognised beyond just being Ozpin's titninja! it's... it's just kind of impressive what you've managed to do with the raging tire fire of canon. My hat goes off to you.
Monax chapter 51 . 2/3/2019
P.S. I was a little hoping for Milk and Cereal.
Monax chapter 51 . 2/3/2019
It was a great story. I was very touched by the last chapters, the strong ending. You managed in perfect doses to mix humor, character disclosure, drama, friendship and tragedy. I am glad that I came across this story.
manga-neko-96 chapter 51 . 11/17/2018
fuck you I'm crying real tears. this is just too good
manga-neko-96 chapter 50 . 11/17/2018
I swear I lose it every time I read Kevin.
Russel named the murder dragon.
Absolutely brilliant.
I still haven't forgiven you for killing off Sky, even if Pyrrha did survive.
Damn it, your story gave me way too many feels.