Reviews for Infighting, Insanity, and Social Ineptitude
That match was real ominous and I'm surprised shit didn't go south right there. Great job, author.

Even greater job on not keeping the main plotline chugging right along the original despite all the other changes as if it's on train tracks. That's a failing many other fanfics have. Also the breach followed weeks later by the fall was always dumb longterm plotting, combining both big attacks is good sense.

Thumbs up, author.
You're still doing very well, author. Just don't drop the ball with the big Cinder etc plot stuff and you'll be fine.
I like how consistently shitty your Cardin is. Thumb up.
OK you know what, author? This is friggin great. You're on fire. You found a cool concept and are crushing it so far. Go, you.
EternalInternalScreaming chapter 51 . 12/24/2020
THIS is the kind of character writing and development I hope to reach someday
haystack51 chapter 51 . 9/27/2020
Thank you for the story. I feel like it really brought the four boys life. I cry for Sky :(
FreakyCat730 chapter 51 . 7/4/2020
Hey, I just wanted to thank you for posting this story, I loved it! I just wanna make a list of things I appreciate about this story

First off, I absolutely adore Russel! His personality, his banter, I love it!
Next, Sky. I can’t help but love Sky every time he’s in this fic, and that made it all the more painful when I got to the end of this fic.
Second, it’s not a (InsertRandomeCharacterHere) centric Fic, and it’s pretty refreshing reading from all these different perspectives
Third, I like that there wasn’t any villain POV's and that made the suspense feel more realistic and not crammed into us. Although I didn’t notice myself, someone commented that Cinder’s, Emerald’s and Merc’s names were never actually disclosed and I love that immersion!
Finally last but not least,I love the balance between tragedy humor comedy and action. It wasn’t an edge fest like some of the other fic’s or just pure fluff or comedy, it’s just nice, and makes it makes it feel so much better
Beanoclard chapter 51 . 4/18/2020
Well dang! I wanna say I was expecting that from the first few chapters, but i definitely wasn't! The changes and growth in the tone of the story is so organic, I never really realized how compelling it felt until I was done! This is one of those stories that use a different premise to look further into character's arcs, and I feel like I learned a lot, about a lot -about canon, even! There was so much thought put into the partnership, the strengths and the weaknesses of everyone and every team...
That last scene where Ren refuses to let go of Emerald's hand, doesn't know what is real anymore... Boy I could have cried! Same thing with Qrow nonchalantly saying that Pyrrha getting the maiden powers is 'promoting a pawn into a queen'? This is exactly what it is, and I love love love how Pyrrha's arc at the end of the story is about promoting herself out of that role, about refusing to be a pawn.
I got so much to say, I swear, it's all a bit blurry though. I'm gonna stop there, but I really wanna thank you for sharing this story, it was awesome!
Beanoclard chapter 1 . 4/16/2020
That interaction between Pyrrha and Ruby is everything! They're both so awkward but it works so well because they're awkward for the right reasons!
Really looking forward to reading this, this is a great idea! Also I notice this has probably been written years ago when we didn't know that Pyrrha in fact did come from northern mistral and I am kinda impressed by that tidbit lol
Thanks for sharing! Gonna get back to it!
FifteenthJessica chapter 51 . 2/12/2020
This is a great fic. You did an excellent job with the character interactions, and I like your take on Team CRDL. I actually cried about Sky, twice. I never thought I'd say that.
M chapter 51 . 1/22/2020
This is the best fic I have ever read. Seriously.
mythamagica chapter 51 . 1/21/2020
So this is one of my favorite rwby fic like, ever, and I always love rereading this, but the specific reason why I’m commenting is a lot dumber - it’s because I know ABSW is ‘alabaster’ like, in the story itself, but every time I see the acronym my first thought is ‘abomasnow’

Anyways, I love this fic, between the plot and the friendships it’s all beautifully done, so thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Guest chapter 51 . 12/13/2019
Great story.
xfel chapter 51 . 9/15/2019
So, I read all this as Ebook, and couldn't write direct reviews, so here is my overall impression. It was great! Some smaller things were a bit weird, but that doesn't distract me from the fun I had reading it. The banter is spot-on (I got some really weird looks for my reaction to Russel actually naming Kevin the Grimm dragon).
I like what you did with CRDL, most of these characters are just blank slates after all. Cardin's turn to the better comes a little fast in the end, but that's only a minor complaint.
I also liked your interpretation of Jacques Schnee, but his story didn't really get a conclusion here.

Another part where this fic really shines is the villains. We don't see much of their character or motivations, but that isn't necessairy. But they do act reasonable and have actual proper plans. While I'm kind of sad that Torchwick got captured early on, I really like what he did before, especially using Emeralds presence in the first fight. And Emerald herself, wow. Using her semblance to the max makes her an absolute horror to fight! *shiver*
Cinder's plan also seems a lot more grounded than canon. When the gang encountered Mercury with Junior, I realized that the Beacon infiltration won't work - but Cinder never planned that in the first place here, and let's be honest, that plan existed in canon for drama above anything else.
Adam is a footnote in comparison, but you did a good job to avoid him looking like the whiny ex. His first fight has some of the best banter though, first Weiss comparing him to Jacques, and than Cardin putting his racist asshole skills to good work baiting him.

There is probably much more I could say, but this is all I remember. Thanks for writing this story!
ayleid chapter 31 . 9/5/2019
I love this fic and your interpretation of Jacques in particular is pretty spot-on.