Reviews for Monstrous
xXRed-Haired ShanksXx chapter 1 . 9/13
I will forever say that this is one of my favorite reads of all time
HoosYourDaddy chapter 1 . 9/8
It was an interesting story, and well-worth a read. I've never read anything quite like it.

That said, it's odd. There's a distinct difference in tone between the first 20k words or so and the last 10k. It starts out as a melancholy story winding its way through canon. We know Harry is Mort but we don't know why, and part of the fun is guessing how this came to be. There is an air of mystery surrounding his relationships with everyone, and what he is.

Once we get to year four, things take a hard right into crack-fic territory. The earlier tone, one of longing and melancholy, is replaced by crackfic humor. Jokes and a chess match? LV dead with a trick and a swipe of a tail? What of all the horcruxes, especially the one in Harry's head? What of all the trauma he suffered and the resolution for it?

All's well that ends well I guess. Harry remains a horse and Luna is happy being married to one. It's unique, but it doesn't quite answer all the interesting existential questions the story raises at the start.

Still, it's an interesting story and I'm glad I read it, even if the ending was a little bizarre. Thanks for writing it.
I liked a lot of things, though the story was lacking in polish, but calling anything MacFusty just sounds so utterly stupid that it took me right out of the story.

No reason to make up a new ridiculous name for a thing that can be explained with canon terms.
langeline chapter 1 . 9/7
Thank YOUUUUU! And all in one chapter too - love the no Next Page! Thanks for Mortie.
TheBloodDragon HQ chapter 1 . 9/3
This story is beautiful! Thank You!
bigrobinho chapter 1 . 8/20
This was amazing truly enjoyed it
serialkeller chapter 1 . 8/19
Great stuff, thanks for writing :D
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 8/18
Good ending.
G-AME5 chapter 1 . 8/11
Bloody lovely. Could not put it down. Great take on the standard creature fic
Moonacre BunBun chapter 1 . 8/9
SUCH A GREAT STORY!
silverrain-shiningsun chapter 1 . 7/16
Delightful read.
Snickering Fox chapter 1 . 7/6
I'm legit doing spittake when I read Skeeter and luna is family. But this Skeeter is the one that I like. She's not nice, but she is good. Still better than Petunia, at least Skeeter likes her niece.
approximationOfhumanity chapter 1 . 6/28
Honestly, my favourite part was the Dark lords magic/cabinet and characterization. It's not often he's written as sufficiently cool.
DarkStarHarry chapter 1 . 6/26
A really well written story. So glad I read it. Thank you very much for writing this :)
TSAImpregnable chapter 1 . 6/22
Really well written, great storytelling as well.