Reviews for Monstrous
MollyMuffinHead chapter 1 . 8/18/2020
As Harry would say, "That was brilliant ". Excellent character study and a twist that was completely believable. One of the few times I enjoyed Luna as a character. Thanks for the story and all your hard work.
Nanchih chapter 1 . 7/16/2020
Whew! This is a LONG one-shot! Very well done, very clever. The MacFusty Transformation is a thing of beauty, very sad.
Bobp0p chapter 1 . 7/12/2020
Positively wonderful! I love the fact that Mort wasn't a big badass, he was kinda just vibing
Rebatrek chapter 1 . 7/10/2020
Great read! Thank you for sharing.
greenking13 chapter 1 . 7/9/2020
Well shit. While I have to say having a single chapter being over 30,000 words is a bit excessive and could have been broken into smaller chapters, having this story as a single chapter was done quite well and it never actually felt like there was a point at which you could have broken it up.

That said, this story was amazing. An accidental transformation caused by severe grief and hatred/anger, leading to a not-human Harry. (Being non-human isn't a unique point, but still not an oft used one.) This does raise a question you didn't seem to answer, which is... what was Harry? You stated it was a transformation often resulting in a magical creature, so I'm curious which it was, if it did end up being some tidbit of mythological lore.

Secondly, I adored your epilogue and any story that is Harry/Luna is a plus in my book. I'm a bit confused on... well... semantics of children and the obvious solution being more than a bit awkward moment of transfiguration for Sirius. I'm honestly surprised you didn't go with a "And through the power of love, yada yada yada, and a hell of a lot of transfiguration Harry is human again!" approach and kind of just left him as whatever he was.

I do have one point of obvious plot hole I want to bring up... which is how the fuck did Harry get to Hogwarts? (My geography isn't great, so thankfully I went to look up a globe and realized that no, there isn't a body of water between England and Scotland, since I was going to ask if he swam a bloody ocean.) Did something in him just point towards the most magical forest or something?

Anyways, I loved the story and hope you keep writing, being awesome, and stay safe during these times,
Green
TheBeanLord chapter 1 . 6/30/2020
monster-fuckers unite!
Vkw10 chapter 1 . 6/12/2020
I enjoyed Monstrous, which surprised me. Seeing Luna as an intelligent and tender-hearted girl with some quirky traits, rather than an extremely quirky girl who might be intelligent was delightful. I also liked Rita as a not particularly pleasant person who loves her niece even if she doesn’t express that love well. Mort/Harry worked well, fulfilling the prophecy while staying anonymous and slowly deciding that he could choose to be human without being Harry Potter. I particularly enjoyed Luna’s thought that Sirius enjoyed the limelight of being an influential hero, while Remus considered the hero’s limelight a price worth paying to advance a cause.

Thank you writing and posting Monstrous.
LostUmbrella chapter 1 . 6/3/2020
Lovely, sad and funny.
Maximilien chapter 1 . 5/31/2020
It's a good story.!
kd5mtj chapter 1 . 5/31/2020
This was just so damn good
Zero chapter 1 . 5/21/2020
THIS.
IS.
AWESOME.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2020
It was very interesting and I like the end.
Poet Wroet chapter 1 . 5/13/2020
Whoa, this was amazing. No words.

You deserve a glowing review seven pages long - but,again. I'm speechess.

Wow.
That was great.
shugokage chapter 1 . 5/12/2020
Excellent job on this interesting and incredible story!
Ms.Bodensee chapter 1 . 5/2/2020
Thank you for the amazing story!
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »