Reviews for Escape to Shell Cottage
melakem chapter 5 . 7/11
EXCELLENT ENDING! This was just perfect. No big resolutions, just moving toward the unknown future with nothing but hope and good intentions.

I loved the fact that Ron went to talk to Bill about his predicament, and that Bill came up with a fairly elegant solution. The discussion between Hermione and Luna may have been awkward, but, it was well written.

Thank you!
melakem chapter 4 . 7/11
Thanks for the read! I really like that Harry and Ron are such boys, even as they discuss deep subjects. It makes them very real. The girls' conversation about lingerie, im the earlier chapter, added the same sort of flavor to the characters. It added depth.
melakem chapter 3 . 7/10
Another great chapter! The ties between Harry, Hermione, and Ron show so well. They are more than just friends, and they both protect and push each other. I like the insight in having Harry think about Ginny and Dean, as well as getting so see Hermione's thoughts about Ron and Lavender.
melakem chapter 2 . 7/10
Oh, I love seeing Hermione and Ron come together. The fact that they each need and want the other shows so strongly. If only each could truly know what the other feels, right? The story couldn't be as good if that were so, though, so, I'll just be happy to read about their journey to finding each other as a couple!
melakem chapter 1 . 7/10
The aftermath of everything at Malfoy Manor and all that took place at Shell Cottage has long fascinated me. Trust you to dive in and explore all of the emotional upheaval that had to be dealt with right along with plans to finish the quest. You're doing a beautiful job of it.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/18/2017
I am loving this story! So looking forward to more chapters. Keep up the good work!
Mako-clb chapter 5 . 12/16/2017
I realize that after this we pick up with the book, but I still felt like there should be more somehow. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but I was surprised to see this story is complete. Although, maybe that was the point, that at this junction of their story, there wasn't a resolution to anything yet.
banzi chapter 5 . 12/16/2017
Enjoyed your story.
Mako-clb chapter 4 . 12/15/2017
Oh, good for Ron for standing up to Harry and calling him out on not looking out for Hermione. Ron is right. If Harry knows Hermione will pretty much do anything he says, then the least he can do is use that power to make sure she takes care of herself. Harry is abusing his power more by just using it for his own goals.
banzi chapter 4 . 12/15/2017
Enjoyed your update.
Mako-clb chapter 3 . 12/14/2017
Oh, that last bit had me laughing. I can just imagine Harry's face at that thought.

Harry really is being a bit of a jerk when it comes to Hermione. I mean, I get it, and I don't think it's totally OOC, I just think that Harry was quick to forgive Ron for leaving but seemed unreasonably upset at Hermione (and taking it out on Ron) for not being ready to use Bellatrix's wand.

Oh, and have I mentioned that I like Luna being in this story and I hope she has a bit more interaction with the others.
Mako-clb chapter 2 . 12/13/2017
I liked the idea of Luna, Hermione, and Fleur having a girls day out.

I see you're exploring some familiar themes in different ways. I like that.
banzi chapter 2 . 12/13/2017
Enjoying your story. I would like to see Hermione and the ladies go out for a girl's night at some point. Wonderful chapter.
Mako-clb chapter 1 . 12/12/2017
Oh, I was super excited to see a new HP story from you. I enjoyed this chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next.
banzi chapter 1 . 12/12/2017
Love to see where you go with this.