Reviews for Shades of Darkness
laureleaf chapter 1 . 6/26
Excellent and visceral portrayal of ptsd. I especially liked how you wavered between settings to show periods of blackout and to increase the feeling of disorientation and exhaustion.
Uia chapter 1 . 3/27
love the bros

great job...God bless
GoGirl212 chapter 1 . 1/3/2018
Gorgeous. Your writing is so vivid. I feel like I live the moments of your stories as I read them. The ache in my chest from this one is real. Loved this.
Aednat the Fourteenth chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Excellent story! Super-immersive as always, quite moving, with a realistic take on H/C. Loved it very much!
MJVictoria chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
Great story, with a different angle on the Savoy aftermath, love it! Glad the others figured it all out and Aramis can finally sleep.
Reading your stories is always a pleasure. Hope you have a lovely Christmas!
dianatolveira chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
Painful but beautifully writen, I couldn't grasp until the end he didn't want to sleep what makes it even more heartbreaking

Brotherhood at his best, love it
arduna chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
As a d'Artagnanphile I sometimes avoid Savoy fics, thinking there's nothing new to say about that tragedy and its effect in Aramis. But I love your writing and enjoy the forum competition so with a bit of a sigh I started reading... and you proved me wrong. There IS more to say, and you said it beautifully, intelligently, lyrically. Great use of flashbacks and the present tense makes them even more intense. His fear of sleeping speaks of his strength of character rather than weakness (which is, I think, what I dislike about some Savoy fics), and you held my attention from start to finish even though the story is so familiar with no hint of my favourite. Total respect!
KitPerry chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
*Shades* of darkness indeed. The darkness of crippling depression. And the darkness and release - restoration - of sleep.

Awesome story!
Ms.MaraJade chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
In terms of metaphors between dark and light, black and white, this story covers it well. There is true torment in here – the trauma of someone who had survived a massacre and cannot find the strength or the energy to rest, without it forever haunting him. Athos and Porthos prove themselves as good friends and a light to Aramis’ inner darkness for a tragedy he could neither prevent nor avenge. It was a nearly-painful tale, as having sleep stolen so consistently will destroy one’s body and mind, and thankfully, Aramis will finally partake in his desired rest.

Take care.
Ms. MaraJade
Caroline chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
I love Savoy fits, there can never be enough of this sadly under-developed story. This is one of the best I've read of dealing with the direct aftermath and what would have been a harrowing time for Aramis.
enjoyedit chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
I never tire of Savoy stories, and this one delves so deep into trauma. What a perfect entry for this month's prompt. Your imagery is so vivid as Aramis struggles with such a horrific event. What always haunted me with this episode was that he was left alone with all his dead comrades in the dark. His subconscious guilt, where he feels the need to be always alert, is so evident in your story. Wow, what a treat to read. Thank you!
mashimoshi chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
This was so heartbreaking and so good. I love it. Please write more soon!
pallysd'Artagnan chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
Nightmares of the past so frightening for Aramis and how he wished he could have done more..Great fic ! love Aramis's fall back to that time so wish they would have dived more into that storyline then what they did
GingietheSnap chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
You really have the reader great insight into the horrific state of Aramis' thoughts after Savoy. Thank God for Athos and Porthos.
Undertheoaktrees chapter 1 . 12/18/2017
What a nice Christmas gift, an entry from you! Great writing as always, thank you.