Reviews for What Do We Do Now
epona9009 chapter 6 . 5/6/2008
Interesting concept, but Snape is very OOC. You can't suddenly make him so affectionate without probably building up to it, and you'd have to pretty much change his whole upbringing and everything about it to have him so, not like himself and it's just not very true to his character.

I think Harry also seems a little forward as well, he would be a bit more cautious, and likely afraid that his Aunt and Uncle wouldn't be too happy with him suddenly leaving.

It just seems to lack those kinds of details that make it really believable. And you've somewhat explained how they got there but since it's so different it really needs to be more fleshed out to pass as believable. You also said they were married for a while; did they do this in private? Otherwise why wouldn't anyone know they were married as seems to be the case?

While the telepathy thing is interesting, the fact that's it's only accessible to the two, for no solid reason also makes it hard to believe. Although he would be able to do magic, wizards can do magic without speaking with enough concentration, even children (when they're mad enough), so he could get by, it'd just be harder for him to learn. Even so your enemy not being able to hear what spell you’re using could have its advantages.

Also are you going to address how he looks? He clearly looks like James in the books so you'd have to address that somewhat, even if it's by having him not look like James and having him never look like James since it's before everyone has seen him.

Anyway this is complete now but I figured I'd give my input about it from just the chapters I've read up to this point anyway, it's something to consider for future projects if nothing else.

It's been an interesting read, just continue writing and you'll continue to grow as a writer.

Adios

Epona
aptteach123 chapter 25 . 4/30/2008
Great end to the story! Thanks so much!
TLDriver66 chapter 25 . 4/30/2008
How about a sequel, please?
serena23 chapter 25 . 4/30/2008
I loved your fic. Is there going to be a sequal? I hope there will be. The wedding and Lucius becoming the new minister of magic maybe.

Serena
Mikee chapter 25 . 4/28/2008
Cool ending. I was very glad you didn't make Harry's hearing miracously return after being hit by the AK again. That would have been so (.pardon me.) stupid. I know a lot of other fanfic writers would have done just that.

That the loss is now permanant, makes so much more sense.

Loved the story.

Thank you.
Ginny Potter chapter 25 . 4/28/2008
I really really like this I want to see how Harry's schooling goes could you make a sequil?

please and thank you

Ginny:)

p.s. did i say i like it i mean i LOVED it:)
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 25 . 4/28/2008
yeah this was a great story. When are you going to update All in the Name of War and Autumn's Gift again?
TXBuddy chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
I am glad to see that you were able to finish the work. I can tell that you wanted to write more, by your great style in writing and talent. But as we know you other life has been busy. I hope all is well and you continue with your writing I love your story telling and your unique points that you have. Good luck.
Ceinwyn Potter-Holmes chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
I would like to see a sequel to this story. Maybe see Hary?Daylan's years at Hogwarts and how he is able to learn Magic without his hearing.
Ginny Potter chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
You should make this like a sieries or something because this is a reallt good story. PLEASE CONTINUE!:)
awertvegtr chapter 6 . 4/27/2008
No offense, but my younger brother is called Dylan. When I read about him really being called 'Daylan', my head automatically conjured up the image of my tiny, freckly, red-headed little brother brother as Harry Potter... and I nearly fell off my chair in giggles.

No offense meant, of course.

*grins*
honore chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
I need a tissue - you are too good! Thanks for that. :)
wikkidgothbabe chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
Good so far.

If i might make a suggestion? It would be easier to read the telepathic conversation if you put it in italics, or even perhaps with asterisks around it instead of the quotation marks you use for normal conversation... just a thought.
rosiegirl chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
A big congrats on finishing your first story. That is a great accomplishment with all you've been through the past few years. Good job.

Hope your son is doing well and everything else is good for you. Also hope we do get to see an epilogue, but if it keeps you from updating one of your other great stories, we can wait for it!

Keeping fingers crossed time to write keeps finding you!
Zaraelys Soulrage chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
As much as I usually dislike harry with impaired senses this was very well written. It also had a lovely twist on the whole story being told in the way that it was. A year in Daylan's life, as it seemed, but it should only be better after that...but without hearing. Lovely work!
910 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »