Reviews for Debutante: Low Society
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/1
Good fanfic
Lifesend1789 chapter 1 . 1/4
Yes a new shadow verse story from you is a great new year gift to the fandom! Hoping this story will kick start your muse again and get more stories out!
O'Donoghue chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
The setup given here shows how deceptively wide/narrow storytelling in comic format is to a more slice of (oddball) life manga can seem.

The cliché is that either Akane will end up in Hatter's clutches/control to teach her a lesson, or the dynamic duo will and she will shine. But the character of those involved would point to threading between both where she will be played as a trump card of some sort.

Look forward to more.
Flameraven chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Huh, the second I saw it was a pretty blond who was kidnapped I knew it was going to be Hatter. But was that a Batman Arkham Origins reference?

Honestly surprised she is Robin, thought she would be Huntress, or maybe Flamebird just to go along with Nightwing. Though you might be holding off on that one for someone like Ukyou over in School Daze. The "real" non-kryptonian Flamebird was a bit of a stalker with a crush, at least at the start.

I do agree that Stephanie should have been given a real run at being Robain. I loved her uniform, and that hair! But yeah, she was just a tool, one Bruce was even harder on then normal and then she "died". It was such a waste.

Barbara being Batgirl without Dick as Nightwing/Robin just feels wrong to me though, but that could just be decades of shipping getting in the way. However, there is little that should change her path in life so she might just show anyway unless Akane's presence makes it so Barbra's 'first night out' doesn't happen.

Honestly, as much as I love Barbara, Akane has taken her place and Nabiki would make an excellent Oracle.

Did just realized that poor Dick is going to end up as a Talon, so long as the Court of Owls exists in this universe, though. That makes me sad.

As for someone who is more formidable than Hatter or Strange, well that's not saying much. Both of those are scary for what they do to people's minds but are hardly that much of a threat hand to hand (Baring the crazy that was The Batman's take on Batman's foes, that cartoon is nuts). But as its Tokyo and as Wally was their I'm guessing a titans baddy I'm going to make a guss.

Its Cheshire, and she was going after Nabiki for 'taking' Roy.
Richard Ryley chapter 1 . 12/20/2017
Well, I have to admit I did not see Akane as Robin coming, although in retrospect the idea is incredibly fitting. Presumably, Ranma has never been Robin, using the name Nightwing from the very beginning. So it's possible that your Batman has not formed the mental pattern of Robin being male, which makes his choice of a female Robin completely understandable.

I must admit that I have always loved the female Robin from "The Dark Knight Returns", so for me Akane as Robin is perfect. And even the uncharacteristically colorful costume fits her.

Kudos on managing to hold onto this revelation for so long. I was worried we might never find out. :D I know how bad writer's block can be, so I hope this helps. And I'm looking forward to the story. :D