Reviews for Humans and Ghosts
553Colinm chapter 6 . 4/17
why do half of your stories make me laugh till I cry and the other half just make me cry
ZaiaKai16 chapter 6 . 2/26
trying and failing not to cry all over my floor right now.. this was so tragically beautiful to read. I'm glad I found it now to still enjoy.

I wish I could see what happened to Johnny and Shadow afterwards. either have Danny gocheck up on them, or Johnny and other ghosts from the ghost zone come to check up on Danny.
WastefulReverie chapter 6 . 12/20/2021
yooo happy 4 year anniversary reread! this fic changed me in a good way. this has to be about the third or fourth time I've reread it from start to finish, and it always punches me in the gut - the extent of the fentons' neglect. you write them in such a naive yet chilling way that really haunts you (:
dsmuso chapter 6 . 11/6/2021
I don't think I've ever enjoyed an angst story quite as I did this one. The characterizations were wonderful and the interaction and relationship between Danny and Jazz was the best highlight for me. I'm fascinated by your lore on ghosts, the idea of a core is interesting and then how you integrate Halfas into that concept is well thought out I think.

Jazz was awesome in this, hands down. And the casual neglect was brutal to see but yet it made sense, and your resolution makes sense. Some people live in your heart but not your life and that's quite true.

This was a good piece of writing, I enjoyed it. Fanfiction exists to explore these wonderful characters in new ways, and you did that. Thank you
KiwisAndPeas chapter 6 . 9/16/2021
HOLY HECK THIS IS SO GOOD AGSHDH
Feeling Schadenfreude chapter 6 . 8/29/2021
This. Was simply amazing. I really enjoyed all of the perspectives in this last chapter, and the ending was fulfilling as well. A restatement of the beginning, but a resolution instead of an introduction. Not only that, the story didn't force him to reconcile with his parents, as many stories might. A lot of these themes hit pretty close with me personally, too. I realized a lot of things about my own life that I had been ignoring as I read this, which added a sort of realism that really touched down with me, even if it's a fic about a cartoon about ghosts. A lot of it was just... too familiar, tbh. But it was really touching to see even Dash being supportive and helpful, Mr. Lancer reaching out like the genuinely amazing teacher he is, Valerie trying to wrap her head around everything because she does indeed have the capacity to process and learn from others even when they challenge her own beliefs, and his friends all being so supportive and only looking for the best. It was especially satisfying, again, how the parents were portrayed; some parents may love their kids, but that doesn't mean they're good parents, and just because they love their children, doesn't mean their actions are so easily forgivable or resolvable. There were consequences; it wasn't just an "I love my kids so actually everything is fine and we'll do better in the future we promise". This sort of thing... happens too much in the world; awareness is brought to situations and kids are forced back to their parents because of stuff like this. Satisfying to see the kids getting the opportunity to go somewhere better and not be forced back into their parent's arms just because they're their parents, even so late into their childhood. Jazz's breakdown, too, showing how young and vulnerable she really is and how much this situation forced from her, making her unable to be a child and being forced to become the one to raise her brother, but staying true to her character and her love for her brother, not being bitter about it all but just being the child with a horrible deal in life that she was, finally breaking down through it all. This was amazing, really. You did a wonderful job writing this, and I can't believe how real you could make such a fictional story become. I relate a little too much for comfort, so I guess that just goes to show how well done this story was.

That was just a sort of jumble of my thoughts, maybe a little unorganized but you can probably catch my drift anyways.
Feeling Schadenfreude chapter 1 . 8/29/2021
Whoa. What a start. Definitely got my attention.
Keniskarolff chapter 6 . 7/4/2021
Ah adoro los finales felices .pgj
Natsuki D chapter 6 . 3/9/2021
Loved this story.
Happy with the way you ended this, cause I would have been mad if he forgave them.
Hope your exams went well! I know it was a few years ago but I know how crazy college can be. My classes aren't really exam based but we still have them.
Again, loved this story!
Captain Kork chapter 6 . 3/6/2021
This was absolutely amazing I always love stories that deal with the like philosophical consequences of Danny being a ghost (him feeling more comfortable with ghosts after a while, the counting his breaths! So good) and I also love stories where vlad gets to be someone who genuinely cares for Danny while also still being a shady piece of shit. Everything about this was so good!

I gotta ask though its implied he didn't but did Johnny make it
StormiWeathers chapter 6 . 2/5/2021
I can agree riding in the back of an ambulance is scary. I didn't have anyone with me. my Mama died in the accident. my sister was fine and still at the scene of the wreck and my aunt in a separate ambulance. I'm glad you had someone with you.
Jasutisu chapter 6 . 1/8/2021
Oh my god you fucking made me cry with feelings aaaaaaaaaarrrgh
wanouche chapter 6 . 12/27/2020
Okay no I don't think I'm alright... Such a freaking job at getting me emotional goddammit how?
sarahdelein157 chapter 6 . 10/30/2020
Wow. Just... Wow.
I really loved this story, it made me cry and feel warm at different times. Danny suffered a lot, but at the end he has his happy ending. He was finally free from his parents, and finally felt safe.

Thank you for writing this to the end. I really appreciate it.
KillgarraghForever chapter 6 . 10/17/2020
I'm sobbing. Literally sobbing. You are a mean person to have put Danny through all that, but you did give it a happy ending so I suppose I can forgive you.