Reviews for The Name Game
Angela Jewell chapter 1 . 4/1
Wow, what a surprise! I definitely didn't see that one coming. I'll just have to keep reminding myself that this is an alternate universe and that the Robin I'm familiar with hasn't existed yet lol.

Clever twist!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/1
Beautiful
Lifesend1789 chapter 1 . 1/4
This is too short #sadface
Ok sorry, I truly do understand how it is when there is a block, so I will just say that I am glad you are writing !
O'Donoghue chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
Great to see you writing again. Very enjoyable series.

Robin is fine for an identity but it does feel a little left field if Nightwing never used it before maturing on his own.

As Flameraven pointed out, Red Robin seems punchier.

Will we be getting a fashion show with snarky commentary of proposed and rejected uniforms?
Flameraven chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Huh... ok then. Was just talking about these very names in Low Society, kinda feel dumb now.

Love Ranma's commentary about Flamebird and Huntress though. Yes Akane, they do fit you for very different reasons.

Wait... she is Red Robin! Roy or Nabiki or someone is going to have to make that joke at some point. Akane does mean red after all. Almost sad she just did the standard Robin now, though I guess anyone who knows Japanese might be able to put two and two together faster if a "Red Robin" shows up so shortly after Akane herself.
Richard Ryley chapter 1 . 12/21/2017
Actually, Robin and Flamebird can easily fit both sides of our tomboyish tsundere. But let her enemies think she's a sweet little songbird, they'll find out the truth when they tick her off. :D

Again, I like the backstory on the name. I like Bruce suggesting the name, but as I said, it never got used, and thus is still a blank slate as Akane says. And Ranma being too stubborn and macho to go along with anything Bruce comes up with is just hilariously appropriate.

It should also be noted that just as Robin tempers Batman's dark side and adds a bit more humor and adventurousness to the team, Akane can easily fulfill that role for both Bruce and Ranma, who are a little bit TOO alike.