Reviews for les rouges
Features of Blown Youth chapter 1 . 2/19
Wow, this was great!

I really liked the way that you included a snapshot into Hermione’s inner monologue. As one ruled by logic, I think she would definitely the kind of person to weigh up the pros and cons of a situation and debate within her own mind in order to determine a solution.

I loved the tone that this piece was told with. There is something about the dry and cool persona that was adopted by the writing that I think is well suited to your characterisation of both Draco and Hermione

The contrast between the cool and stoic tone and the warmer and more emotional one was well written and escaped the jarring feeling that most writers create when attempting to write as you have.

The final line was perfect. It closed off the story perfectly and captured the essence of the entire story in two sentences. Well done.

This was rather beautiful, in an impassive way. I feel that it held the feeling of light streaming through a window; the longer the piece went on, the more light was shed and the more emotion was woven into the story. It actually reminded my of a piece of poetry I read a few years ago, where the plotline of the story mirrored the journey of a wilting flower. Perhaps this is just my weird artist's impression, but nonetheless, this piece was dark and poetic and wonderful to read! You have a very unique style of writing and I look forward to reading more of your work ;)
antarcticas chapter 1 . 1/27
so this aesthetic-ness rose-ness is so fucking beautiful like the perfect dramione and i know your hate dramione so the fact that you still pulled it off is utterly amazing.

i just realized how all of your stories end with pessimistic life lessons.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/30/2017
beautiful
bytiye chapter 1 . 12/29/2017
dramione always makes me squeal and aesthetic-y things make me squeal even louder so you can imagine my state after reading this lovely drabble :)
lara xo
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Really good, I liked it a lot. And the last lines!..
Zivandre chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
OH my, this is absolutely perfect! :D
I love the style you wrote this in, I love it! I also love the symbolism of them and the roses; it's so unique and clever! I also love how at the end, Draco is trying to cheer Hermione up about her parents. This is all around perfect! :D Thank you! Happy Holidays! :D
arlyetta chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
this is perfect. your wording... merlin, i love them. it gives me the right vibe about dramione and this is what i've been seraching all along. this is it. your fic. it moves my heart and i love it. thank you for posting this!
cheadsearc chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
:') dramione feels. i loved this because you built their relationship perfectly. I've seen way too many fics where they start snogging randomly and I'm just like... wtf? anywayyy... aesthetic, dramoine and non-cliche. perfect. :)

xx di
Penguin1127 chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
I loved this, and no, you didn't mess it up. I absolutely love the visual of the rose and the concept of them consuming each other, especially how it circled around back to the ending with the rose on the wedding day and the ending line. The beginning lines are just amazing with the comparison of Draco and Hermione and how she looks ordinary but she really isn't. The way their relationship developed and they way you showed it in brief snippets is just perfect and sort of detached but in the sense of a passing of time when their relationship slowly changes from one thing to another (and the greetings too, which I found really nice). I really, really liked this piece and pretty much everything about it. Hope you keep writing!