Reviews for Out of Season
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 12/30/2018
I think it is good you mention this is the second winter since they were crowned, because I believe you have written and posted another story where Aslan looks in on them all the night before Chistmas and finds Edmund all bundled up as is described later.

I'm also glad you keep it in canon with the movie where Lucy says all those things about winter to Tumnus and you can see the lights in her eyes there as she describes it and the amazement and joy in her face when she first stumbles out into that snowy wood.

These descriptions of Peter and Susan also seem very Peter and Susan like they were when they first arrived in Narnia themselves. :)

Phillip would plead that way.

That does sound like Edmund and Susan. :) At least now he's saying he's busy and hopefully it's true and he's getting things done for others too.

Dear Peter ...

Poor Edmund ... and Peter ... and Lu ...

I'm glad Aslan appeared as well as heard her this time. :)

That is right dear child, Aslan knows best what Edmund needs. :')

Interesting that was her first thought the Christmas presents she, Susan, and Peter received, but Edmund did not and the thought a very special Christmas present would warm Edmund up toward winter. :)

Interesting how we try to explain away our own and even others sins sometimes ...

Awww ... What a sweet request. :)

Aslan makes good points and I never thought of things that way.

Awww ... The faith of a child.

Ah! She shall have what she "desires," something special for Edmund something that will cause him to enjoy himself.

Ah ... "Soon."

Aslan sure shut that bit of sweet prying down sweetly Himself.

Oh ... What Susan is sewing sounds lovely and will look lovely on Edmund I'm sure. :)

It's interesting Susan can hear the "But" in Lucy's voice.

It's interesting how Sue is still so inclined to doubt.

Oh Susan, don't smile and talk like a grown-up. (eyeroll)

Lucy would think it wasn't fair to have to act like a grown-up all the time. That's a nice description of Peter though. :)

Awwww ... He calls her "Lulu" and "The Valiant Queen" what a good brother.

He must have thought Lucy was going to tell him about a present for Edmund she was giving him.

Awwww Poor Peter, poor Edmund ...

I wonder how much Lucy does know and what goes on, what Peter says when he wakes Ed up from a nightmare.

That's a sweet little detail, her toying with the laces on his sleeve.

Now, Lucy that's not "exactly" what Aslan promised.

It's amazing how neither of her eldest siblings believe her!

Indeed, dear Lucy! It only matters what Aslan said!

Awww ... It's so sweet seeing Lucy's thoughts on what's going on, what will be, and how she puts Edmund into it.

Interesting how Susan and Edmund say goodnight to her, but Peter tucks Lucy in. :)

Oh my, that is quite a lot of expectation Lu!

Lol, and Peter would tuck her stuffed unicorn in beside Queen Lucy! :)

That's very true, why should they have to go to sleep for him to come now?

"But we won't need coal tomorrow!" Lol, that is funny. :)

Such a faith ... :)

Oh, Peter ...

Somehow that is how a dream is, you're not sure how you can do certain things.

Awww ... Woolen blankets made by the Sheep. :)

Awww ... The impenetrable mound of Edmund. :(

Such a pretty bunch of images and a few funny ones! :o

LOL "knitted socks" ;)

Sounds a bit like a movie Lucy is watching, and my but I wish I was watching it too, but reading your lovely descriptions of it are enough. :)

I wonder what Aslan said to him.

The stars, brighter in winter would be even more wondrous in Narnia! :O

Aslan could glide if He wants to, and Edmund would on woolen socks! :D

I love this moment on the river so, so much. It reminds me of the playtime Aslan had with the girls in the book after his resurrection.

Oh my, that "is" an ominous beginning for this new section after the beautiful ending of the last!

Oh, Lu! Don't you remember your dream and what you really wanted. Where is your faith? I like how she immediately races toward her brothers here though!

It's so good to see the boys like this after all the mention of the nightmare nights together before. :)

Oh and it's even more wondrous Ed dumped snow in Peter's bed first and now Peter's so relaxed and happy for him, he's returning the favor. (chuckles)

I wonder if Peter believes her now? ;)

Yay! I'm so glad Edmund is giving her a Christmas hug now! :D

Awww It's so sweet the two younger siblings are spending a moment sharing about what Aslan's done for them. (big shining eyes smile)

Oh Sue, always the practical one. :)

I love Lucy's response to Sue's question.

Oh Edmund! Shoving others away with shining eyes!

"I" want some of that Christmas breakfast!

Now, so why do you think Ed didn't see Father Christmas? And Ed you "do" leve that pie alone until someone else can have some too!

Yay! Presents!

Yes, she did Peter! I love her response to him too. :)

I love that ending prayer too. :)

Very good. I think this will always be one of my favorites. :)

God Bless and merry Christmas
ScribeofHeroes
Ghostwriter71 chapter 1 . 10/28/2018
Wow...this is just, such an amazing little story. Just, like...wow. I'm sort of "speechless". :/ The theme of this story is so spot on: how He gives what is best whether or not we realize it ourselves. All the characters are also spot on, personality wise. And it appears that even here, Susan is already "reverting", as she doubts Edmund has seen Father Christmas...a very "grown up" reaction if there ever was one. :/ But still, spot on.

Excellent. I'm glad I discovered your stories, as I am now looking forward to your Christmas gift (story) for us this year. No pressure or anything. :)
madnessdownunder2 chapter 1 . 8/23/2018
Warmth isn't just temperature, its emotion, this was perfect!~ And incidently I live in the southern hemisphere, where its summer at Christmas, it's ALWAYS warm!
Lollypop 8 chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
Ah, WillowDryad back at it again with the fabulous parables with a deeper meaning I needed to hear. Aslan may not give me what I ask for, but he will give me what is best in accordance with his plan. And this cold day I needed the reminder that every season has its purpose. Thank you! And best wishes in the new year! :)
Jesus' girl 4ever chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
Love this! So perfect and sweet and...I just love Lucy, OK? She's the best!
Solstina chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Beautifully written, and I love your portrayal of the siblings and their relationship with each other! What a lovely piece for this time of year! Good old Aslan, He always knows just how to settle Lucy's doubts and Edmund's darkness 3 I'm not religious at all but thoroughly enjoyed your work, and wish you a very merry Christmas!
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Sweet as always. Merry Christmas!
Robbie chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
I absolutely LOVE how you made Aslan not give what Lucy expected but what Edmund needed. Great fic.
checktheGate chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
That was so sweet! I love all stories that come from you. My Chrismas wish is to have some new early golden age Peter and Edmund stories written by you, because those are my favourite! Merry Christmas! :)
Ariyah chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
Aww. Lucy's request. Aslan's perfect answer. The cackle-worthiness of Edmund dumping snow on Peter! Edmund dashing off for pork pie and presents, Lucy bounding after him, and Peter and Susan quite left behind in their dust. :-D
Merry Christmas, Willow!

Ariel_of_Narnia
JubileeKnight chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
Christmas, and winter the way it's meant to be! This wonderful. Lucy is so sweet and loving and believing and Peter and Susan are just right, and Aslan is, of course, perfect. Beautiful story!
Ect0Gh0st chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
thank you for the wonderful story! merry christmas to you too!
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
Oh yes! It simply wouldn't be a proper Christmas without a WillowDryad Christmasfic! I've been reading your Christmas stories for years-since long before I had an account, wrote stories, or had the courage to leave reviews.
This story certainly did not disappoint! Dear, sweet Lucy-she is so kind and loving and I think it is wonderful that she was so considerate of how her brother must be feeling. It was so beautiful-the moment when she asked Aslan if Christmas could be warm for once. She was willing to give up something she loves for Edmund, and that is a lovely, and very accurate reaction for her.
Aslan’s method of granting her wish was also truly wonderful! I suspected something like that would happen, but the way it happened was more beautifully written than I could have hoped!
Thank you for writing this beautiful story! It is the perfect way to start off Christmas morning. Merry Christmas and God Bless!
A
Charis77 chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
Love this! I've always loved Lucy's pure faith. And the message here is wonderful-he gives what we need. Thank you and Merry Christmas!