Reviews for When Christmas Shall Come
I loved this ! Great read even outside of the Christmas season ;)
unamedhpauthor chapter 1 . 1/30
I haven't read a good scarlett and rhett story in YEARS! I love this! thank you!
I understand why Rhett lets abonnie get away with all that, as really he needed that love and to show love- but she’s too much sometimes, really that bratty behavior was grating. Yeah I know, very young child, still. Also, I will forever love these two and wish Scarlett hadn’t been blinded by Ashley for so long, or that Rhett wouldn’t have always hidden how he felt from her- though at times understandable considering ... Scarlett being Scarlett.
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 1/11
What an enchanting Christmas gift that keeps on giving you penned! Scarlett realizing the truth of Ashley, while Bonnie and Melanie are still alive; that opens the door to Rhett & Scarlett forging a lasting reconciliation of their marriage and, once they're on the same page, even prevent Bonnie's death by parenting together.
This was wonderful, a great extra Christmas treat to wake up to on Boxing Day. Thank you for writing and posting. This is one of my favourite timelines, they are together, even if it’ in name only, but we know while ever there’s Bonnie, there’s still a chance. They just need a nudge - which you gave them brilliantly. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Wonderful! Merry Christmas!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
Thank you! I loved this story! I had my own ideas about writing a story set during Christmas of 1870, but I am a bad writer so... thank you again, I would love to read more stories like this! Cannot wait for your next story!
bugsie chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
will I ever make any noise that is not "aww" again? doubtful! AWW
Kelly Melly chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
I almost never read GWTW fanfiction anymore but when you post something, I always know it's worth reading. This was marvelous. Thank you so much for sharing!
LibeRATE1511 chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Thank you!
It was great!
Merry Christmas!
1life2ROCK chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
I always love your stories and this one is no different. Great fic! You write both Rhett and Scarlett so well.
skyebugs chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
No one writes Rhett lines as well as you do. I love everything that comes out of his mouth in your stories. The tone, word choice, amount of glibness are just right. And I love it all the more when you use your powers for good and create lines that can still fit with a believable reconciliation. I loved this! Eagerly waiting for the WIP.
Twilighternproud chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Loveee it
thanks for creating this beautiful piece of work
scifiromance chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Thank you so much for posting, I really enjoyed this! :)

There were great, believable references to the Christmas season within the Bulters' uneasy household, but this was also a brilliantly written, insightful character piece. There was so much development, but at a believable pace for Scarlett, lol.

My favourite bit had to be the kissing with the Santa beard on, but I loved all the Rhett and Scarlett scenes and especially how you wrote Scarlett's revelation over Ashley and ensuing confusion, how the comparison with Rhett became increasingly stark, but daunting.

WELL DONE, thanks for writing and merry Christmas! :)

scifiromance
I Dream of Spring chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
What a lovely Christmas surprise! I really like where you ended it, winning the battle not the war, as Rhett said. Not all fic needs to end with an ILY, but the reader is left with the sense that this is where S&R are now heading.

Scarlett's relationship with alcohol is interesting in this fic. On the one hand, it loosens her emotions and allows her brain to travel down roads it otherwise may not. But on the other hand, she does seem to drink an awful lot of it, alone, and seems to use it as an emotional crutch.

The Santa costume was funny, but I don't even want to think about where Rhett aquired the oversize women's red drawers from! Bonnnie's spoiled shrieks for Santa were horribly annoying even in print, the reader can imagine the whole household being totally over it. No wonder Wade and Ella retreated to the ballroom.

I would love to have read a scene set at the Xmas table with the Wilkes's in attendance for Christmas dinner. Though it wouldn't have actually added any forward momentum to the story,he awkwardness of that extended family dynamic fascinates me.

I liked the occasional POVs from Rhett. It's nice to get a little inside Rhett's head as he tries to protect his secret. I really liked the call backs to happier times such as the porch and the honeymoon, and it really hammers home how distant they currently are from each other.

'As for the latter...perhaps I haven't always gone as far as you think'. I assume you mean he isn't always going to Belle's everynight? Maybe he's out smoking in the garden and just needs to get away from Scarlett.

Thanks for the fic, it was a lovely one-shot and much appreciated!