Reviews for All Those Muggle Things
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 6/5
I really loved your characterisation here. I loved reading about child Draco and Hermione being friends and Lucius' reaction to find out Hermione was a witch (though I'm a little confused - would he prefer Draco to be playing with a muggle, or did he want Draco to play alone?)

I love Draco having a collection of muggle stuff though. Lucius destroying them was very Little Mermaid as was him saving her life at the end but leaving before she realised who had saved her. (after I wrote this line, I scrolled up and saw it was actually a prompt)

I like the way you've developed Draco in this fic.
Zivandre chapter 1 . 1/29
this was soo cute. I love a good Dramione, and you did just that! I loved how you wrote this, this way. I love how they played together at the park. I also loved how he said those words to her at the end. I do hope Hermione realizes that it was Draco. Great job!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 1/28
ooh, nice! I love second person point of view fics, there should definitely be more of them :)
I really liked this fic, it was very original! I liked how you wrote Draco, and his relationship with Hermione when they were kids was the cutest thing. You also managed to make me hate Lucius a bit more through this :p
I liked the idea of Deaco being fascinated by Muggles too, and that his memories of Hermione kept him curious and open minded about muggleborns:p
Nice work! :)
Cheers! :)
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 1/28
Herminny. I am deceased.
Okay, so this is heartbreaking. I love Kid!Draco, but I also found the way you turned it into Dramione was so seamless and effortless. The sections in this flowed beautifully, and the use of second person only adds to the effect.
Also, Lucius is a bastard. Period. I normally love Lucius, but you kept him very very true to his character and I wanted to punch him through the computer screen. It takes a talented writer to invoke that kind of reaction in a reader, so mega props.
If I have any criticism at all, it would be that Draco calling Narcissa Mommy. For me personally, Mummy, and later mother, would have worked better. But that's a nitpick and doesn't take away from the glorious-ness of this story.
SecretFruits chapter 1 . 1/14
Firstly, incredible use of the second person. You really made your reader feel what Draco was feeling.
I like that you wrote Dramione without romanticizing Draco and without OOCness (beyond what one might expect from the difference in background). He's still Draco, still a bit cowardly and not always doing the right thing, but also very much confused and unsure. And at the end he does save Hermione, but maybe not for the most selfless reasons. And that last scene, where Draco finally talks about his memories of the park, was just lovely.
One nitpick - I don't think Brits would use 'Mommy'. Maybe Mummy?
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 1/13
This was definitely interesting. I forgot how much I love second POV. I have this habit of reading the challenges first, if they are the top, so I was honestly expecting this to be second POV of Lucius, not Draco. That was a nice surprise.

I like how you were doing Dramione. I'm not the biggest fan of that pairing, but I liked how you managed the childhood friends part of it. I enjoyed the whole circular type thing when Draco apologized for not showing her his toy broom.

My only issue is with Draco referring to Narcissa as "Mommy." He's British, and would use Mummy. Admittedly, I was a little thrown by Draco referring to his parents as mummy and daddy. It's completely my fault, but I usually imagine all the purebloods that are about blood purity to refer to their parents as mother and father. So it was a little weird seeing Draco say Mommy and Daddy.

I also liked the way that you didn't stray from canon. You managed to work around the fact that Draco took the mark, even though he wasn't a follower, and how he tried to kill Dumbledore even though he thought highly of him. That's sometimes really difficult to do, so I applaud you.

Good job!
jennybenny2845 chapter 1 . 1/7
Love that you wrote this in second person! It's not a style you see often, so it was really refreshing to read it here.

GAH! Why is Lucius such an asshole?! You characterized him really well here! I knew something bad was going to happen when he took Draco to the park. Narcissa has a fair point - they're just kids.
I wonder if she knew Hermione was a Mudblood, but just didn't say anything since Draco liked spending time with her. Also, Narcissa offering Draco no words of comfort after the Hermione is a Mudblood reveal was interesting. UGH. I wanted to punch Lucius when he broke Draco's collection.

I enjoyed the end, though I'm not entirely convinced Draco would have saved her. I did like that he revealed his identity and used the name he called her when they were children.
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 1/4
Well, that was nice and dark.
I loved tiny!Draco and I thought you using second person was perfect. I really adore reading 2nd person POV and it was a great way of stylising this fic. The little segments ran into one another well and didn't break the flow up at all. It was nice to read the snippets of Draco's life.
I nearly bawled my eyes out when Lucius finds his collection because I wanted to smack some sense into the bloody idiot.
I loved reading this! Amazingly done x
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2017
I think my brain just broke from the feels. Goddammit
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
So much love for this little one shot. Just perfect. Great premise for a multi chapter but nice where you left it to.
lunaz chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Great story. I hope you continue with it.
LupusNocte13 chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Really like the POV writing style you used. Please say you'll continue this. I need a happy ending here!
obscurialdefenseclub chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
love why am I sobbing
procrastinator20 chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
hi this is cute af love u stay blessed happy holidays
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
I am not crying lol, is there a part two? Or...