Reviews for Sick Puppies
reannablue chapter 1 . 5/25
This was perfect. I loved Sam’s oops admission too.
LauraJ42 chapter 1 . 2/7
Ah, sweet! I’m a realist tho, and with all the flu going around this year, I’m worried about how this ended! They got off the floor, right?! Cute story!
Super duper cute! Sick Sam is my favorite thing ever 3 3
Cdw43 chapter 1 . 1/10
What do I think? I love it, as usual. It was light, but there were little snippets of some deep conversation/feelings there. A great Christmas story. Thank you.
C-
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 1/5
Wow, almost a little too realistic-made me feel a little queasy, too! I like it, though, the feel of "getting through it together" as they have through so many more serious and awful things. And I actually love Sam making the point that nothing Dean could do could make Sam hate him. I think in a way he wanted to in S9, but even then he couldn't. I think that would mean so much to Dean to hear. So nice!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 1/3
Loved this Christmas story, especially the part where you talk about Sam’s only gradually understanding the power he holds over Dean, just by virtue of having been his little brother ( and child really).
lenail125 chapter 1 . 1/2
Loved this story! You did awesomely like always! They take care each other and that is what matter!
Fat Puppy chapter 1 . 1/1
“The world narrowed, as it so often did, to nothing but the two of them.” Favorite fanfic line ever! What a lovely little story. Perfect in just about every way. Thank you for posting. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!
roslyngrl chapter 1 . 1/1
Awwww! That was so cute. Poor Sam, worried that they're uncivilized. Granted, they did show up at Jody's in a somewhat less than hygienic condition, once, but just the fact that Sam's worried about it, means they'ed be fine (and clean). Of course, NOW we need to know how New Years went. -hint- Happy New Year and looking forward to many more great tales. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2017
Thank you and Happy New Year!
ItzAGoodThing chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
Loved this. Can't wait to see more from you! Merry Christmas!
L.H. the 2nd chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Oh my goodness, I love this SO MUCH! It took me forever to read it because I'm at work and these people want me to attend to their emergencies and I'm like, "there is Winchester suffering and beautiful feels to be reveled in here! Can't you see that?!" But do they care? No.

Okay, so now that I've made it through (and before I go back and read it again!), let me just gush all over this masterpiece...

The brother's bickering about whose fault it is that they're sick throughout this story was so freakin' adorable. They are such children! And I love it! My heart started melting, though, when Dean felt Sam's forehead for fever, and then brushed his sweaty hair off of his face. That followed by this line:

He might be a grown man, but he'd never known the comforting touch of a mother's hand. All he'd ever known was this.

Yeah, heart officially turning to feelsy goo. It melted into an unrecognizable blob about the time Sam called out for his brother when Dean pulled away. Ahhh! So precious.

Them sequestered in the bathroom keeping each other company in their misery was another golden moment. Your description of Dean and his pile of pillows... He looked like a king. Priceless! I can picture him so clearly, all smug and snuggled in. Love it!

The whole discussion about why Sam didn't want to go to Jody's for Christmas kind of broke my already melted heart. Dean's plan for trying for Christmas next year after a New Years test run helped put some of the pieces back together again. :) Big brother, always finding a way to fix things and make it better. Like putting a pillow under his little brother's head. Can't take the preciousness. :) :) :)

But this line:
"All I care about is the fact we are still here. Together. After all these years."

And this one:
"Everything else is just... details."

... Cue melted heart disintegrating even farther. Such perfection.

The section at the end, though, was my undoing. When Sam said,
"You know I could never hate you, right?" My heart just kind of broke again. Because we all know that Dean SHOULD know that, but we also all know that Dean DOESN'T. He wants to believe that and he craves that, but as you so eloquently said, he is always in need of that reassurance...

"His brother was a complicated man, but, at the same time, he was very simple.

"Dean had one priority in life and it was Sam.

"He was as tough as they come although his heart remained as tender as that of a child. Dean could convince anyone out there that nothing could hurt him. For many years, Sam hadn't understood the power he held over his brother. How he alone could tear his brother's heart wide open and hurt him more profoundly than any other would ever could. Even now that things were going better between them than they had gone in many years, Dean still needed reassurance. Still sought reassurance."

And the reassurance Sam gave him warmed all the gooey pieces of my broken and melted heart! As did Dean's soft admission in return.

Absolutely beautiful, my friend, from beginning to end! I laughed, I smiled, I teared up, and was warmed by the beauty of the brothers' love. I could not have asked for a more wonderful surprise! You have made my night. Love you!
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
oh, man...that was so wonderful! Not that they were sick but the end was so touching and tender and real...Yep...made me cry, so definitely a win for a Christmas story!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
This is the story that gets lost in series the time the brothers take care of them selves in sickness. I know it makes bad TV but a awesome story. Great work.
sylvia37 chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Sick boys. Your specialty. Thanks for the Christmas gift. Happy New year to you and yours.