Reviews for The Initiate
PishedPK chapter 6 . 7/9/2018
please continue!
ricentipede chapter 2 . 4/1/2018
I was wondering why Justin didn’t just threaten to kill Maka if Soul didn’t give him the names (or vice versa)… it all makes sense now

Although I’m not a fan of the real stuff the CIA has done, I loved all the different training challenges. I wonder how much of them was research and how much was imagination, but whatever the answer, it worked. I also appreciated how Soul and Maka get a sweet moment without a kiss and the excitement of the ending. It reminds me of those action movies that end with the characters getting a new mission (although I can’t think of any examples right now besides The Incredibles _). I would totally watch a movie version of this whole fic, tbh.
If I can’t have that, I would love a sequel, but if you’re not interested in writing one, the original stands very well on its own.
ricentipede chapter 4 . 4/1/2018
One of the things I like about this fic is the gray-area morality. During Soul’s match with Cole, I wanted to root for the underdog, but using a taser is really low, even if it wasn’t technically against the rules.
“[Barton] fixed Soul with a look that said… he very well might be sorry about it later.” foreshadowing, anyone?
On a happier note, Blake being a good teacher and taking credit for Soul’s win warms my heart. And Patti specializing in explosives? 3

I’m surprised that Soul interpreted “leave with” as “seduce” (there are more creative ways to get someone to exit a bar, honey) and that he didn’t see any female recruits besides Maka. I also feel like leaving with another recruit should violate the rules, since then everyone could just pair up and go without talking to any strangers. And did Soul pass the test in the end?… But nitpicking aside, that was a nice scene.
SleepDeprivedFemale chapter 1 . 3/30/2018
Ok so, first things first, the dry wit of the story is excellent, especially in the beginning as it helps portray the normalcy in Soul's environment and fits in with his 'cool' characterisation.

The introduction of the characters was spot on and amusing, and their later interactions were great as well. In particular, Black Star calling Maka Batman is the perfect descriptor for her (and the rest of Black Star's lines were excellent as well). In addition, I love how their skills in the SE canon universe were transferred here, with Liz being excellent with firearms, Tsubaki being proficient at any weapon etc. The development of Maka and Soul's relationship was heartwarming as well :3

I like how the story, while still ending in a sort of cliffhanger, still had an overall arc with Soul's and this world's equivalent of the Spartoi coming to rescue him. Overall it was very suspenseful, and if you want to continue this story then great! :D
Silly Twin Stars chapter 6 . 3/20/2018
Wow! I really really enjoyed this story! This is the first time I've ever read your writing, and wow! You have such a great writing style - really accessible and a breeze to read! I loved the concept for this fic from the moment I saw the summary, and it really delivered!

To start, I really love the characterization in this story. Soul & Maka's motivations for being there were so realistic and really helped establish them as partners, in a way, and I loved how they're both tough and have their own individual trials/struggles but become more and more valuable to one another as friends and allies. I loved the bar scene and "you trust too much" and the lie detector test and AH this fic is just so, so good.

The climax with the kidnapping and the rescue was WAY good, it felt so realistic and I was at the edge of my seat following along with Soul's interrogation and his reactions to hearing the recording of Maka and everything that happened there. Also I'm so glad they blew up a classroom "just a little bit." Of course they did. I laughed hard at that.

I really really hope you continue this - that cliffhanger was GREAT - but even if you do not, I loved this story as a standalone. Awesome characterization, really enjoyable writing and a great plot that kept me hooked the whole time! Thank you so much for writing this!
Professor Maka chapter 6 . 2/12/2018
I really enjoyed your character and world building in this, and the scenario held my interest. Hoping we get a sequel, that cliffhanger ending was intriguing.
hell0kitten chapter 6 . 1/25/2018
dear god - please tell me you're going to continue this (and soon)
9YearsOfMaka chapter 6 . 12/31/2017
Oooooohhh myyyy ghaaaaaaaadddd kkmdsbksmbz! THIS IS REALLY WHAT YOU CALL A CLIFFHANGER!Soul is safe that's great. Maka is safe that's greater! *coughs* excuse my fangirling. YOU MADE MY MAKA SOOO COOL! okay... Uhhh... Why you do this to me?! The surge of emotions, the mysteries, the companionships. Ughhh! Great way to start my year ey? So PLEASE UPDATE SOON! I AM CRAVING FOR MORE! Great plot and wonderfully executed. Shinigami! So much adrenaline I cannot sleep anymore. Hahaha!
9YearsOfMaka chapter 5 . 12/31/2017
Guuuuhhh! You made me cry. How dare you done that to my Maka! But she's so strong. Thank you for making her so strong! I'm glad Soul is alive. I'm glad he didn't say anything. Ugh... You made me exceptionally hooked and interested with all those... situations. I'm hoping for more chapters please. This is soooo good. I wonder why this doesn't have reviews. It's freakishly good! Can't wait to read more. By the way, There was no chapter that you didn't made me feel giddy. All the platonic stares, touches, and trust makes me all jumpy because that's who they are. I love it. Thank you so much for this wonderful fic. It's 6 in the morning I haven't sleep yet... But there's one more chapter to go... So please. Update fast please. This fic makes my heart beats fast... Like literally. (probably because I love Maka and Soul so much.)
9YearsOfMaka chapter 5 . 12/31/2017
9YearsOfMaka chapter 3 . 12/31/2017
Okay... I'm completely excited... Scratch that. Extremely excited how this goes. I'm feeling the connection and I feel giddy at Maka's character. Anyways this great. I'm sacrificing sleep to read this you know... and I don't regret anything.
9YearsOfMaka chapter 2 . 12/31/2017
The looong staring contest made me giddy. And oh my ghad! Maka is sooo cool there. I'm dying with excitement! Loving how this seem goes. Anyways... I love the chemistry already.
9YearsOfMaka chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
Okay, the first thing that came out to my mouth was, "Wow, oh my gad this is awesome." and to tell you the truth it's reaallyy interesting even without my precious Maka (yet, I don't really know yet.) I'm really a fan of Maka and if she's not in the story then I'm out... But this fic... this fic has a strong plot and I don't think I could drop it. That's really a plus points. So I'm having a high expectation now for this story. Great job! I love it and happy new year!