Reviews for Seeking Ginny
Guest1138-333 chapter 16 . 1/10
I have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm not sure who'd even read this but anywho, I've especially not read many fics this long either so beware..

I found this to be a genuinely wonderful story, it really affected me, I could still feel the tension and emotional buildup in my stomach hours after finishing. Despite being written preceding the final books, and the resulting alternative-universe state because of this, I thought it well represented the original characters as they would be at these stages of life. I could picture this like a movie, something I would describe as 'slice of life', as in, something introspective, atmospheric and picturesque, where there's a transitive nature to it all. You see these big life-events, the coming-of-age vibe, the distinct locations, the characters and their connections to each other displayed for the viewer, like carefully selected memories that ripple and echo towards a conclusion.

I've seen statements complaining that the story doesn't feel connected to the original books' universe, that it's almost like an original story, I suppose this stems from the differing character POV, the amount of new characters and the arguable wider world differences. I found the perspective a little jarring initially but it very quickly settled, and as for the new characters it surprised me at how likeable and well they fit into the universe, or at least the story, which is not always the case. I did note occasionally how removed from the original universe it felt, the magical elements could conceivably be written around to convert it into an original story somewhat easily. At its heart the story is about these characters and their relationships and to that end it feels informed by the original universe and a fairly natural evolution from it for the most part. The wider world additions, specifically the university and the travel restrictions, made logical sense to exist and served the story very well. The diary of the life of a uni student that the initial chapters form and the uncertain path of a young adult of the later ones may feel a little too realistically mundane and removed from the preceding world, but to me it felt like a realistic jumping off from the source material and that those real-life qualities served to make it more relatable.

There was great use of locations, of isolation, meetings and partings, anticipation and aftermath. The world and characters felt very real and detailed, you felt the passage of time as these events unfolded and it added to their importance as well as being a part of the narrative. The length would occasionally feel unusual, there was a few moments where it would build to a moment that feels almost climatic, as if the end was in sight, and then you notice you're only half-way through the story (thinking Grimmauld Place and the bedroom scene especially here). However, whilst it felt that the story could have ended at a few of these moments, it continues on without issue, it keeps you interested and these events flow naturally onward and are felt later. The brief mentions and absences of numerous characters felt realistic to me, similar to how it is in real life moving on, losing touch and reminiscing about people and events. It all added to that wonderful wistful and transient feeling I experienced throughout, it seemed to heighten the sentimental and emotional nature of it all which was perfect for the story.

Fundamentally this story is a drama and it's about the characters, it's a rising wash of emotion, it feels realistic, perhaps a little angst driven and melodramatic for some, but very much appropriate for the subject matter of the lives of these young adults and all the things that it entails. "Slow burn" is the perfect descriptor for it, it amps up and you can't help but be invested in the characters as they age and change, it's intense and you feel for them. The writing style is noticeably well-done, as far as I can tell, which is obviously always welcome. These things all come together to make for a very affecting, well-crafted, enjoyable and emotional story. It can have a strong effect on you and leave you rambling a review for catharsis sake.
Fangirl101 chapter 15 . 1/7
I loved this story so much I couldn't stop reading. I ship them even more now thanks
Meras riddle chapter 16 . 11/8/2017
This story is the best H/G fanfic I have ever read! And I have read some amazing fanfics. Thank you for making this story.
punkrock-remus chapter 1 . 10/25/2017
Dear lord I loved this! The slow burn just kept me on edge and im beyond grateful that I found this when it is finished so I didnt have to wait for chapters :D
Guest chapter 16 . 8/26/2017
This is the most amazing fanfiction ive come across
Potter 05 chapter 1 . 8/18/2017
You're amazing or as Ron would say " bloody brilliant!"
ilki990 chapter 15 . 8/7/2017
pinks99 chapter 1 . 7/24/2017
Great beginning to your story!
LLwalker chapter 14 . 6/11/2017
So, I don't know about you but I think you should put harry and ginny together and then Brian and Sarah together and Aurelie gets divorced and remarried to Christian because she rushed getting married.
Lol chapter 1 . 6/6/2017
Lol great
Ginny Weeasleyy chapter 1 . 5/25/2017
Best Story Of Harry And Ginny, Really Best Story Ever And I Have Read This 8 Times Because Its My Favourite One.
Christine-Danielle chapter 1 . 5/7/2017
bookieHP chapter 16 . 4/10/2017
It's the 6th time i am reading this. Still i'm nt bored or over it yet! So plzzz will u put forward a trilogy of this that include harry proposing ginny? plzzzzzzz
TheWateringWizard chapter 16 . 3/24/2017
Wow that was the absolute best way to conclude this story. The discussion Harry and Ginny just had sums and ties everything together! It was beautiful thank you
TheWateringWizard chapter 15 . 3/24/2017
Holy son of a bloody female dog! That chapter was so emotionally powerful, it's crazy! The talk in the Louvre and all their feeling coming out was soooo... Entrancing! Finally after 14 chapters of build up (was Christian Ginny's first time? God I hate him) they finally "got together". Wow so many emotions
1,906 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »