Reviews for Not Myself
griezz chapter 30 . 4/27
There was a hanging plot thread which was apparently forgotten about, but I happened to think of a resolution that would make it extremely cool. When Emma's mind was trapped in Christy's body, the X-Men were called to rescue some teenage mutants from a corrupting adult. in this chapter, we learn that the adult had gotten a call, warning of the rescue, but it's never explained who made it.
My theory: it was an employee of Irene "Destiny" Adler. Why would Destiny arrange for him to be warned? Because it was Christy fighting him off that earned her enough trust for Charles to arrange for her training with Mystique. That training led to Mystique having a friend Irene knew she needed, as well as freeing Mystique from Xavier's control. It makes sense, does it not?
Follower of Mania chapter 70 . 3/15
I noticed that the reviews prior to this were a bit negative so I've decided to throw my two cents into the arena.

This is a great story. The author has a solid grasp of how to structure a story and used multiple perspectives to their advantage. While there were some stylitstic issues in differentiating between perspectives and thoughts vs descriptions, it still flows very well.

In terms of characterization, while Scott receives a lot of hatred and some characters are perhaps unnecessarily cruel near the beginning, most characters are tolerable and some are actually quite enjoyable. In later chapters the friendship that builds between Jean and Christy is captivating and Mystique's friendly training provides a good background of action to the more dramatic sides of the story.

The story itself suffers from some minute plot holes such as the fate of Quentin and the stories of some of the side characters end rather adruptly. Overall, this is a great story and I'm glad I got to read it.
TeganCappa chapter 24 . 2/10
I have pretty much read most of what you've written on this site and enjoyed each one, but I just can't enjoy this one. All the stuff that goes on behind Christy's back, the mind raping and lies. It's just repulsive to read about.
TeganCappa chapter 22 . 2/10
Please don't let this be Christy/Emma pairing. Emma is such a disgusting piece of shit in this story. She is literally raping Christy's mind in this chapter.
Jclncm chapter 70 . 1/28
Love the story. Wish there was an alternate version where Christy actually fell for Annie.
swordworks chapter 22 . 1/1
Why must the MC of female writers allways be useless attention whores? Its also written so unrealistic . why does the MC have a mindespace? and how fucking rude is you Emma for trying so hard and often to break into someones mind? This is rape and I would have killed the bitch in her sleep for less. Also again why are so many people so interested in her? And why does your MC reacts so weakly -.- Why not write a fiction about a housewife and her strong husband isntead? It would be far more entertaining than this Half-Action / Half-nonsense fict!
swordworks chapter 14 . 1/1
... why is some random bitch getting so much attention from so many famous xman? It would have been far more funny if some of the "god guys" simply died when they tried to force her for answers, instead of all this weak female mental shit.
SkyPenguin chapter 49 . 12/20/2016
Hope she doesn't stick with Demise. Terrible name.
MathildeM chapter 70 . 11/15/2016
WOW
i just...
wow
This story is SO good, i barely slept the three days it took me to read it
the depth of all your characters is amazing, the journey of Christy, the building love with Emma, the friendship with Mystique... all of it
i can't even put my feelings into words
just know that you've made a new fan
i can't wait to read your 500 miles story !
thank you soooo much for sharing your wonderful talent, i love your writing !
griezz chapter 70 . 7/13/2016
Ever since I started reading fan fiction a few years ago, Alexandra's work, especially that featuring Christy Taylor, remains among the very top of my list of favorite fanfics. I find that I simply must re-read these stories every few months out of pure love for the character and her tales. You may not have written anything here lately, but I know that what you have shared with us will remain in our hearts. For all of that... thank you.
Sabie0521 chapter 38 . 6/15/2016
I'm literally sobbing right now.
Guest chapter 70 . 5/7/2016
This was an amazing story. I couldn't stop reading it, and I was sad it ended. I truly felt a connection with all of the characters - except for Scott and Charles. ;)
Karharot chapter 70 . 3/15/2016
A well written story that drawn me in and kept me reading to the very end. I'm tired because of this constant desire to read "just one more chapter" that made my sleep in recent days somewhat short, but I don't regret it ;)
phildemayotte chapter 70 . 1/14/2016
Thanks for these great hours of passionate reading.
It's so rare to find such enthralling novels that I did my best not to waste any of it : reading only 2-3 chapters a day to make it last longer.
I really hope I will find another novel of yours.
The end of a book means like the death of its characters, and I really don't want them to die since you made them so vivid.
Thank you so much.
Sarah T chapter 52 . 9/3/2015
Just wanted to let you know that I have read this story of yours at least four times. Love it to pieces!
Thanks