Reviews for Not Myself
griezz chapter 70 . 7/13
Ever since I started reading fan fiction a few years ago, Alexandra's work, especially that featuring Christy Taylor, remains among the very top of my list of favorite fanfics. I find that I simply must re-read these stories every few months out of pure love for the character and her tales. You may not have written anything here lately, but I know that what you have shared with us will remain in our hearts. For all of that... thank you.
Sabie0521 chapter 38 . 6/15
I'm literally sobbing right now.
This was an amazing story. I couldn't stop reading it, and I was sad it ended. I truly felt a connection with all of the characters - except for Scott and Charles. ;)
Karharot chapter 70 . 3/15
A well written story that drawn me in and kept me reading to the very end. I'm tired because of this constant desire to read "just one more chapter" that made my sleep in recent days somewhat short, but I don't regret it ;)
phildemayotte chapter 70 . 1/14
Thanks for these great hours of passionate reading.
It's so rare to find such enthralling novels that I did my best not to waste any of it : reading only 2-3 chapters a day to make it last longer.
I really hope I will find another novel of yours.
The end of a book means like the death of its characters, and I really don't want them to die since you made them so vivid.
Thank you so much.
Sarah T chapter 52 . 9/3/2015
Just wanted to let you know that I have read this story of yours at least four times. Love it to pieces!
Thanks
Kyranol1 chapter 70 . 8/7/2015
Well, what can I say, I absolutely loved this fic.
Kinda wished we had more Emma and Christy fluff (I know, I'm a sucker for the romance), but it was still awesome.
I still feel horrible for Sophie though, I know that not everyone can have a happy ending, and in a way it is her fault for putting her sister before herself (not that I can fault her for it, but it still ended terribly for her), but I can't help but want her to have some sort form of a satisfying end.
WRoosterdf chapter 70 . 7/31/2015
This fic blew my mind, it's that good.

A real gem that you don't find often.

I think it even jumped to 1st place in my top list of fanfics I like.

The handling of pacing was masterful, I never felt bored. There was always a hook to reel you in at the appropriate time, I just had to give this fic a chance after I saw that it was about an OC.

The multiple plots and subplots were actually resolved to a degree (not all of them in a way that was expected, but that's good because not everything should end in a happy ending)

The characters have meaningful Character Development, the various romances are handled masterfully.

Like, holy shit, I'll be coming back to this ic years in the future for advice on how to write my own characters, plots and so on.
griezz chapter 70 . 3/22/2015
Finally completed "Not Myself" after a marathon reading session. This is the best X-Men frantic that I can remember. Christy is a fantastic character, and I love the portrayals of Emma, Mystique and the Cuckoos. True, some things seemed a little off, in terms of events, but then that has to be attributed to the time when this story was actually written (10 years old and counting...). Obviously, there is no way to know ahead of time what the Marvel editors had planned, such as M-Day and the Decimation, but even if she didn't know ahead of time, I imagine that it would be wonderful to see Christy and Emma going through them together.
The only thing I regret not seeing is a quiet talk between Christy and either Rachel Summers or Magneto; their respective experiences in the "Days of Future Past" and the WWII concentration camps would give them a clear understanding of what Christy went through on her world.
I know there are sequels to read. Heading there now...
griezz chapter 18 . 3/20/2015
Okay... this story is a decade old, and I have no clue whether the author still reads notes here, but I have to say this: this story is AWESOME! More than any self-insert or some storyline reiteration, this was a fascinating story with original ideas & characters. I am well and truly hooked! Christy is one of the best X-Men original characters that I've seen!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
Id be interested in a Christy Taylor/star wars crossover one for each trilogy even unless you use some creative leway to make it so a mutant will live 2or3 centuries so they remain in their physical primes throughout the Anakin trilogy and the Luke trilogy but instead of just Christy going to the star wars verse make it a raven/sage/Emma / possibly mystique pairing and have all of them go with her plus annie and her quintuplet lovers the stepford cuckoo's going to
kbaucco chapter 70 . 10/25/2014
This is the most well written fic I've ever read. You truly have a talent. I loved it.
ViolentBeauty1313 chapter 70 . 8/21/2014
It took me a while to read this entire story but I loved every chapter of it! I was a little sad to see it end but I liked how you wrapped things up. I really like Christy's character and how you portrayed her past. Great job! I look forward to reading your other stories.
Greatazuredragon chapter 70 . 8/13/2014
Very good story, excellent work, good job.
Greatazuredragon chapter 27 . 8/12/2014
Very nice, and why do I get the feeling Emma and Chris will end up together?
Very good story, good work.