Reviews for On Earth as it is in Hell
SwimmyIsMyName chapter 32 . 11/4/2013
I hate posting comments. Anyway I am new to fanfic and this is the third story of yours I've read so I figure it's a good time to post an in depth review of your work as any. I first read your RE4 story and then the first Harry Potter one. I really enjoy your way of writing. Especially the immature humor frequently incorporated. My favorite laugh is from the RE4 fic when Leon is thinking about prostitutes. Something along the lines of comparing them to expensive Chinese food that stinks and tastes terrible. Other than the shitz and gigglez your creativity as far as storytelling plot goes is absolutely fascinating. And I don't know if you're faking it but you always seem informed and logical about all real and created aspects in your fics. Except I hate poem type stuff. I think it was the Harry Potter fic that had some sort of poem thing in it that I entirely skipped. Sorry. Also I love your "shoot the bull" sessions at the end that talk about the writing process and explain the unexplained. They are hilarious and help ease the disappointment of a good story having to end. About this particular fic: probably my favorite of the three I've read because I like the game so much. The only things that haunted me were when Irvine tried to give Siren to Scott and Irvine having his hat when it didn't make sense. Irvine tries giving Siren to Scott in the sewers below Caraway's house but earlier in the story it mentioned Rinoa had Siren along with Ifrit and Brothers when she tried to find Squall with her sorceress sense. And when Squall and friends were still in nothing but boxer shorts it mentioned Irvine tipping his hat or something as if they took his coat and boots and all but left him his hat. Small things like that haunt me. Somewhere you mentioned being "born open-fisted". That phrase is genius. Is it original or did you quote it from something? Anyhow you are a great writer. I would tell you to keep at it but telling people to do things isn't my thing. After reading a good chunk of your stuff it kind of makes me want to write some sort of fic myself though it will probably never happen just like how I never learned to play the guitar I bought 2 years ago. Long ass comment... Oh well. My full name is Swimmy The Magnanimous but you may call Swimmy. Live long and prostate.
gleamfang chapter 32 . 5/12/2011
This story is incredibly funny and so damn interesting. The way you cross over is just sublime and well done. You only lost me with the Kharadaj people. Never really caught who they are, where they are from and how they tie into this. While I wish your epilogue included everybody, I'm glad Scott managed to find happiness.

Kudos to you your a hilarious writer.

Cheers

Keep Writing
Zarathustra92 chapter 27 . 1/31/2010
I remember reading this back in like 2006 i must say AMAZING

i loved every part of it

it was just something that anticipates the reader to go through more chapters

it was fics like this that inspired me to write theses types of fanfics

i actually started my own ff8 sequel

i know you probably stopped with the ff8 fanfiction

but do you miond maybe reading mine

i uh... im rly knew to writing fanfics so i was wondering if you could sorta give me you're opinion on it

and maybe hwo i can improve
Tsurrie chapter 32 . 11/11/2009
Wow. I don't know what I can say that many, many people haven't already said before me. It's going on nine years since you first started On Earth and I just found it yesterday... It's safe to say that it is definitely one of the stories I'll remember always. I love your humor; as crazy as it may seem to most, it's hilarious to me. I read aloud the first eight chapters to my husband, who enjoyed the funny bits and giggled at the violent scenes. Eventually, I will get around to reading the rest to him, as he doesn't like to read. But I enjoyed it immensely and can only assume he will do the same. I've done my fair share of being obsessed with FFVI since it came out and, in fact, have met my best friend because of AOL RP rooms for it. I couldn't help but think of the way she portrayed Rinoa while we were in our group RP sessions when I read On Earth. Your characterizations for everyone, especially Rinoa, brought back many fun memories for me. _ Not that they were different from how they were portrayed in the game, but that you brought them to life the way we once did in our all-night summer-long RP chats. I really don't know what else I can say. Thank you. I enjoyed every last bit of your story, even all your funny author notes. 3
xaphanea chapter 32 . 3/21/2009
*standing ovation*

I really don't know what to say, after all of this. Wow. You are a damned creative soul, my friend, with a knack for winding and twisting things but making them completely believable. Seriously if Kharan appeared in my living room right now and told me that I had a destiny to fulfill, then I wouldn't even be surprised. _' Okay, I would, but it would be an excited surprised.

Your writing style flows beautifully, keeping the reader hanging on. I sat next to my man reading most of this while he played Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and he kept reaching over to check my pulse I was so engrossed in it. Aside from the parts when I reviewed between chapters, or laughed outright because of your excellent wit.

Gah, I could seriously praise you for the remainder of my 9206 characters allowable in this review, but I don't think you need me stroking your ego any more than I have been. :) It might get a little out of hand.

In conclusion, kudos, kudos, don't you ever stop writing. And please let your adoring fans know when (not IF, WHEN, because I demand it) you're going to be publishing a book because I want you on my shelf with the rest of the masterpieces there. :D Cheers. I'll be watching you.
xaphanea chapter 31 . 3/21/2009
Bravo again! :D So glad he finally got some. And shame on Kharan for dropping him on her like that. _' Although I would have done it too. Being immortal and all, you've got to get your kicks somehow. :)
xaphanea chapter 30 . 3/21/2009
OMG. Wow. So that was Kharan all along! Gah, I love him. :) Bravo!
xaphanea chapter 28 . 3/21/2009
Very awesome little backstory. :)
xaphanea chapter 29 . 3/21/2009
:*) You truly are wonderful. What a lovely insight into your ambitions and reasons behind this story. I appreciate it, as I'm sure all of the people that reviewed it appreciated your comments back to them.

I'm sure that your first draft was just as awesome, but I am extremely happy that I read this now, in it's final form. :D That way I don't have to wait for updates! (Unlike your HP story that I'm completely sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for.) And I'm also very glad that you switched Seifer's scene with the janitor. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for some Seifer badassery, but I love the whole twist with him and Quis going to the Garden Festival, and him, you know, not dying. :D Unless he did and I won't find out until later. Still a little more to go, I see.

Anyway, I'm going to finish this now. And I'm glad you love reviews, because I've been bombarding you with them. Ha HA!
xaphanea chapter 27 . 3/21/2009
Wahh! HyneDammit you are good!
xaphanea chapter 26 . 3/21/2009
Ohmygod... gotta keep reading...
xaphanea chapter 25 . 3/21/2009
You know, I really love what you've done with Nida. I was always quite intrigued by him in the game, and I delved into him a little in one of my fanfictions, but you've given him a very believable and awesome personality. *applause*

And very cute little tidbit there with Zell asking Selphie to the festival. :D I got a kick out of that.
xaphanea chapter 24 . 3/21/2009
(By the way I forgot to mention in an earlier review: HOLY CRAP FUJIN AND RAIJIN! :( Could things have gotten any worse for them? And poor Seifer...)

Until now! He and Quistis are crashing the festival... although I think Julian's men are going to be the REAL ones to crash it...
xaphanea chapter 23 . 3/21/2009
Whoo hoo Kharadjai! :) Killer!

Selphie's such a kniving little bitch, isn't she? :D
xaphanea chapter 22 . 3/21/2009
"Then I will phrase my response in a manner which you will understand. Fuck you."