Reviews for On Earth as it is in Hell
Marco LeonStrife chapter 20 . 3/21/2003
This chapter was good. Quite good. Remind me to mention two things that especially stood out to me. Your stories get better and better, Caleb. It's awesome.
Marco LeonStrife chapter 19 . 3/21/2003
Fascinating chapter. The character development, the drama, the suspense. Good God, I'm dying in utter ecstacy.
darkintrigue chapter 21 . 3/19/2003
please don't take my review as criticism! like i said, i thought i was probably being dense! i was not really at my best for understanding that day, so i apologise. nice chapter 21 btw ;)
Yorun chapter 21 . 3/19/2003
A good chapter. Not much happened but one can't always have things happening. Chapters like this are a must for every good story. Or something... X_X

yay! a gym chapter! :D but... are all people that work out Ghey? nah uh! ...whatever. Anyway! Keep up the good work, Caleb!
Jee Simovia chapter 21 . 3/18/2003
Interesting. I thought the agents dream was well wierd. I trust you though that all will be explained. And I couldn't help but smile at Julian's "Please, Micheal. Sit down." The calm controled evil villian is always better than the maniacal.
Cap'n Pirate Monkey chapter 20 . 3/18/2003
And i get a shout-out too! Cheers!

Dunno why i reviewed these in such a weird order...didn't notice the two-chapter update *silly me* greatchapter as per usual, nice mix of action, zellphie flavourings and Scott (i like him; he's the man!)

"Scott is the man, by God he is so the man"

TIO
Cap'n Pirate Monkey chapter 21 . 3/18/2003
Hey, you used my quote! Much thanks to you _

Good little chapter too, with the surreal dream sequence adding a nice Dali-esque touch. Loved the nice little zellphie bit (well i found it nicely zellphie!)

Oh, and the gymy gym part...LMAO

Good job

TIO
Rinoa Heartilly chapter 21 . 3/16/2003
Unfortunatly laziness has a grip on me again. anyway, i loved the spooky surreal bits, very shagadelic (don't ask). and a big uhoh to the whole portal thing. one query though, i dunno if this was intentional and i'm just being EXTREMELY dense, but was the "enthusiastically...enthuse...enthusiasm" there for a reason? The only reason i can think of is that you were trying to convey Zell's sheer infectious...enthusiasm through repetition. other than my slight confusion, fantastic and i look forward to the next chapter.
tigerofthewind chapter 20 . 3/15/2003
Hey! I got a shout-out!*feels special* You're right, some of the stupid technical errors that appear in our fics are rather funny._

Anyway, sorry it took so long for me to read this(blech!). I just haven't been on long enough to really check anything out. Sorry!

As for this chapter, it was a little slow on the action side, but massively funny. Humor is always a good addition when the action is slow. So congrats, Caleb._

Keep sendin' me those chapter updates!

Vereor Veritas,

*tigerofthewind*
darkintrigue chapter 20 . 3/6/2003
Hey whats up? Another good chapter, I'm fascinated to know exactly what Hyne is planning. Like you say, I don't believe the whole the end is nigh thing. You liar! : ). More must come now. Please. And I reposted the chapter from hell, hopefully it reads a bit more realistically now thanks to you and Refugee. check it out and feed back to me if you want.
Yorun chapter 20 . 3/6/2003
Damn. As good as always, Caleb :)

I can honestly say I love the idea of a Gum at garden. I work out myself and I can't help but thinking about who was stronger pof the FFVI guys. Since I am such a Zell fan, it would be him. I mean come on! The guy is a fist fighter! Irvine may have a steady hand but he doesn't need strength like Zell does. Squall n Seifer? I dunno. Sure, them Gunblades look mighty heavy n all but. Eh, whatever. Your story is vewwy good, Caleb. But you already know that.

If you haven't already figured it out, MORE GYM TIME! ;)
Briar Eve Sheurmann chapter 5 . 3/4/2003
Howdy,

So, holy shit, is this ever a big project. Dense and layered, actually. And thorough. Thank you for being the kind of writer who actually researches for his stories (as opposed to. . you know, THOSE writers. . .) I'm really impressed with the way you keep the action moving by juxtaposing plot with buildup, and this can be done rather easily because of the world partnership. Even this early on, you've successfully fleshed out your original character and, though he's not totally integrated yet, the interplay between the characters is already starting to develop into a relationship. One note-in a story like this, when you are dealing with alternate/opposing realities, you really need to be clear with your imagery-influence parameters. What is this awkward, b.e. fabricated term? Mainly, but not limited to, references and allusions to people/things in our culture that have no relevance in ff8-land. In most stories a reader would overlook something like "Her head felt like a Nirvana concert" (about Selphie.), but when the two worlds are so interconnected, I have a feeling that it may create mild confusion. I'm just commenting on this because it is something that many writers of interdimensional stories fail to realize, and sometimes these allusions become habits and prove problematic. Even these little changes can bring the story to another level. But, it's impressive collage of action, conspiracy and characterization. Wonderful, darling. ;)

ciao

B.E. aka Mr. McFrugalshtein
Veritech chapter 20 . 3/4/2003
Another masterpiece chapter. Keep up the great work.

How in the name of everything that is holy do you write this well? I bow to your talent.
Briar Eve Sheurmann chapter 2 . 3/3/2003
Heya babe,

Y'know, you must think I'm a stuck up bitch for not even sendin' you an email or review after your generous and wise critiques and comments over the last half a year. Well, yeah, I guess I am, but not because I haven't responded- I've just been fuckin' swamped with life. But, hey, I'm FINALLY getting to read your fic and I promise to review every couple chappies. It's least I can do for the man who is always the first one to let me know how I'm doin', and it's what I should do for a writer of your calibre.

Good god, I can't believe how long you've been workin' on this story! Yo, what's taking you? (jk- well, actually. . .) I'm impressed. I'm such a "hurry up and get finished" kind of person, that I fail to realize how somethings just need to grow and mature and their own pace. I have a feeling that this is how this piece is for you. I mean, it's stayed in your conscious mind for this long, so it must be a)a real stellar/original idea, b)A story that brings out your best and most clever writing, c)an exploration of something very close to your heart or psyche or d)your nemesis. I'm hoping for all of the above, personally, and as I read through it, I'll tell you how it's faring in comparison. Some stories are inextricably connected with us as authors-is this story such a quest? Well, anyway, enough rhetorical bullshit-these were just my first impressions (a little much? Gawd, sorry for the tangent..)Caleb,darling,you are a very clever writer and expect more of these totally random observations and critiques to pop up into your world in the near future. :)

Ciao

B.E. aka Mr. McFrugalshtein

p.s.I'm gonna write you some Zelphie smut, boy. watch heh.
darkintrigue chapter 19 . 3/3/2003
nice teaser, onwards and upwards!
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »