Reviews for On Earth as it is in Hell
Jee Simovia chapter 11 . 1/15/2002
Mmm... I can't wait for the next addition.
Celestial Angel chapter 11 . 1/12/2002
This is a really awesome story! The plot and writing are excellent! The ideas behind it are complex and wonderfully mindteasing! Can't wait for the next part!
Fang Xianfu far to lazy to sign in chapter 8 . 12/16/2001
Julian's base is on Long Horn Island. I still love this story: like so many succesful films, it's charm is in the realism factor: it could all be true. The Truman Show, The Matrix, they could be real. And you can never find out. ::bows to Caleb::
Goudess chapter 10 . 12/15/2001
Firstoff, my apologies for spamming your review-section, with reason or not. Secondly - the story. This is still one of my favorites, the plot really caught me from the beginning. I like how you blended warmer stuff with the typical shoot-em-up - you have a lot of fancy military stuff in here, but you don't forget to add heart. As for heart, however... Quistis. I kind of ehh-ed at the paragraph over her love-life and attractiveness. Do she and Scott have a future, perhaps? I'm glad that you didn't make it obvious if you did. I'm not against pairing the woman, it's just that a lot of people rush to find a lover for every character. It's good that whatever happens, you're building it all up. I mean, no one is really jumping to embrace that Scott-guy yet, here. P I don't see this as an intense romance though, anyway, although I'm qutie curious as to where that will go. P Speaking of the warmer stuff, the Zell scenes are great and I love how you got Rinoa involved... It's so cool to see how differently people use the GFs in their pieces, and how what they can do varies from story to story... The Rinoa/Zell interaction is great, especially the scene on the docks and at the train. I also like the Hyne element that you added... It really does make the story feel broad in scope. And as for the Newcomers... I'm curious as to how they're going to deal with this magic defense-advantage/offence-disadvantage that they seem to have...
Avon Belac chapter 10 . 11/27/2001
Mr. Nova: There are many stories on , and I have to say I hated having the distinct displeasure of reading this one. Undoubtably I can read better written literature in gas station bathrooms. And they would have more wit. Your prose is halting, you are crippled by your own puffed-up self importance, and you constantly contradict and foul yourself up. I cannot list these mistakes as they are too numerous. And tell me Mr. Nova: Who is this toady Simovia who is always so genial towards your works, and how much are you paying him? I can safely say your going nowhere fast. Your critique of your undeservedly generous reviews was uncalled for, as was every other 'Author's Note' and uninteresting little blurb you added. You obviously pull your quotes at random. There is only one favor you can ever do the community Nova, and that would be removing this story.
Jee Simovia chapter 10 . 11/20/2001
It is moving along excellently. The detailed language and discriptive style definetly adds a tasteful element to the already fascinating story. Next chapter!
Kari2001 chapter 10 . 11/19/2001
Hello. I would just like to tell you how much I enjoyed your story. I can't tell you the number of times I've though about what would happen if someone from our world was sent into the world of FF8 or vice versa but I could never put it to words like you do. You are taking into consideration all of the aspects that would be involved in something like that; the president is a good touch. This story also progresses good, slow but that's the way it has to be if its going to be realistic.
Ashbear chapter 9 . 11/17/2001
First, I must apologize for missing this story. This is a very well written piece of literature; not to mention the insight into several different and sometimes unique topics. It is creative and grammatically pleasing. The mix between our world and that of final fantasy is blended nicely. I will make sure to follow this story better in the futureā€¦again remarkable job.
Sergeant Phoenix is too lazy to sign in chapter 9 . 11/16/2001
This is getting really good, Caleb. I like it very much. Keep going!
AW chapter 9 . 11/15/2001
Quite an interesting story so far. I look forward to more in the near future :-)
Goudess chapter 9 . 11/15/2001
Ouch. This is an unpleasant first. I didn't know that review-bashing was a common practice.
Martin Rothes chapter 1 . 11/14/2001
First of all, miss america down here / obviously wants to get some, or is selling something. there wasn't much depth into her whole overview prospective and frankly, i got more bored reading her review then reading the story. i hope she doesn't quit her dayjob. i think she deserves an a for effort though.
Goudess chapter 1 . 11/7/2001
This is really, really good. I've never been against putting-normal-folk-in-the-game stories, as long as they've got good plots... and yours certianly has that. The explaination that you used only adds to the charm. - Nevermind the fact that it backs up your out-of-game-characters, but it also makes a great story! I really do like Scott so far, and I -adore- the tension that's starting to build as the story goes on... This is something that I'm not going to be able to stand reading half-way through, let me tell you. The way you ended the last chapter (8) was particularily impacting, the way you left so many threads open and anxious... Your style in general is very unique, it has a lot of wit in it... I love the way you 'pan out' at the beginning of each chapter, as if you're looking at the story from a broader perspective... Not only does it add a 'story-telling' element to it, but it also builds up the anxiety - like tense little breathers between the excitement. Those little blurbs seem to remind me that although the story takes place in the FFVIII world, there is a lot more out there than just that... Very cool. As for the basics - the characters are portrayed very well, I've fallen in love with your orignals and think that you follow Squaresoft's creations wonderfully. The story is engaging, and you write beautifully. I look foreward to the next installments!
Leviathan chapter 6 . 9/23/2001
dammit! Write more! More, I say! HURRY UP THAT'S NOT FAST ENOUGH! Sic 'im, Spawn of satan! ((Sos: meow.)) Oh? Still upset over the loss of your Angelo doll? Well, I TOLD you not to get too close to the fire, but you're so STUPID. ((meow.)) You think so, huh? Well listen here- you're GONNA eat your broccoli, GOT IT? *ahem* excuse me...
Leviathan chapter 5 . 9/23/2001
aw, no pet mongoose? That sux. This is a kick-ass story, btw, whether or not you WERE helped by a mongoose.
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »