Reviews for On Earth as it is in Hell
Jee Simovia chapter 30 . 1/3/2004
With my understanding of the Thesis and Kharadjai this was a welcome treat. It goes into greater depth for those who didn't sit down and talk to you face to face for hours about it. I was surprised you never mentioned Scott Kharan's sister though. I suppose it was irrelevant though
Simply amazing story. I've read through it three times now. Maybe because I am bored and it is so good. It makes me want to get back to some of my own writing.
Marco chapter 30 . 12/29/2003
Gee, by golly, this sure was a good fanfic! I thought it was awfully nifty, and by golly, it was swell, and gave me a hankering for rice krispy treats! Shazam!
Seriously, good job dude. It wrapped everything up, gave us all a good ending...you just did a generally good job.
Ni-Chan chapter 30 . 12/23/2003
I can only say that this is the best FF8 fan fiction I have ever read. The story was interesting and I read it from the first page to the last in an entire night.
The characters were perfectly represented and the storyline's flow was perfect. The who insight on the actual plot was deep and well thought out. I haven't seen writing like this in a LONG time.
I'm jealous of your excellent writing skills and hope to read any of your other works.
Please continue the incredible work~!
Veritech chapter 30 . 12/22/2003
Love the epiloge, I'll still chuckling as I type this.
Though do you realize that the way the ending is worded leaves a dangling plot thread? And a big one at that.
Keep writing, you work is great.
Rin chapter 30 . 12/20/2003
we! review 200! Great work, chico. I swear, some of the quotes from this fic will stay with me, if not for life, than a hell of a long time. Loved it. Continue to love it in a purely platonic way. Maybe. _~
Ashes chapter 30 . 12/5/2003
Wow. o_0 I just stumbled on this by accident, but I remember it from years ago. Very weird seeing it now. Great fic though, it works so much better than most real world crossovers.
Hope you reach 200 reviews :D
Anise D. Black chapter 30 . 11/8/2003
I just finished reading your story and I have to say...let's see, what's the best word...Totally Awesome. I love it. I think your an amazing author. I can only hope to get half as good as you are. Again, awesome story.
HENRIK chapter 29 . 11/8/2003
And of course... HENRIK RULES!
Jee Simovia chapter 30 . 11/8/2003
Well you finally finished it. Dang, and it was over a year ago that we sat down and chatted about the story over Taco Bell.

You just had to finish it while I was at basic though, you bum.

Seriously though, I think that this is one of your finer works. The concept is astounding and the attention to detail is very well done. It leaves you on the edge of your seat until the end. I understood the ending easily, but then again I was getting all the behind the scenes information as well, sort of a nice perk.

Well congratulations on a job well done.
Fang Xianfu again chapter 29 . 11/2/2003
Oh, and I forgot:

Being enough of a rabid fan to actually get a map of the FF8 world and work out where the base was shouldn't get me a prize, it should get me a beating.

But if you really want to give me something, keep me posted when you update your work :P
Fang Xianfu Doesn't remember his password. or even if he still has an account chapter 30 . 11/2/2003
Wow... it's finally finished. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it did take four years and ended up a bit of a mish-mash.

Of course, that's not really such a bad thing, I couldn't stand having a reprise of what happened with The Promise of Nightmares (me checking XmagicalX's site literally every 5 minutes to see if it'd been updated).

Very weird conclusion, though, and it feels somewhat rushed, but, hey, I can forgive you ;)

As for FF8 fanfiction getting old - I know what you mean. We're, what? four games ahead now? Five? The thing had to run out of steam eventually. It's been a fun few years, and there'll always be a place in my heart for those classics (yes, even Happy Bob's).

One thing that somewhat disappointed me - your author's note seems a bit of an epitaph. Are you going somewhere? You'd damn well better not be, or you're getting chained to that chair and being whipped until more entertainment comes out of those keys.

Wow... I'm sure rambling on. I think I should shut up and go and read some of those classics again.

Have a nice life.
Marco LeonStrife chapter 30 . 10/31/2003
::Blinks::

::Blinks more::

Erm...Ah...Uh...I...uh...Thanks...I...think...

All in all, this was an awesome story, dude. You did an awesome job, it's obvious you worked your ass off on this story, and you did a great job on it. You really, really worked hard, and really hard on it, and it shows. You're an awesome writer, and I'll continue reading anything you put out. So keep it up, and keep rockin!
LiquidSky chapter 30 . 10/31/2003
...What can I say? You had me at "It is raining."

I truly enjoyed this fic, don't worry about the inconsitencies, it took me so long to read from one chapter to the next that I barely noticed, I'm sure everyone was preoccupied with the main characters' actions and happenings anyway. And hey, what is life if not inconsistent? That only served to make your fic seem realistic.

You're sending me a bundt cake? _ I feel so special.

Anyway, this was truly original. I've read a couple of fics that have tried to do a FFVI/our world crossover...I was not impressed. But this...Oh you evil genious, you...You made it work. Good job!

Sincerely,

LiquidSky
LiquidSky chapter 27 . 10/30/2003
Oh, the suspense! Seriously! Damn...I don't know what else to say other than, I have to get to the next chapter!
LiquidSky chapter 26 . 10/30/2003
I think my heart actually stopped twice...You have to make this all better...You 'have' to! Not only Seifer, but...Squall...Squall? You have to fix it! Fine...This is YOUR story, and it's been so damn good so far that I'll read it no matter what.
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »