Reviews for On Earth as it is in Hell
LiquidSky chapter 25 . 10/30/2003
Lovely chapter, full of fun and uplifting conversations...But I know what this means...The poor protagonists won't be having so much fun in the next few chapters. Oh well, I'm sure it will be very interesting.
GG Crono chapter 30 . 10/30/2003
This...is damn good. I am speechless good job.

This is one of only three good life/game crossovers that (as far as I know) exist.

The other two are Akin to Sin, by No One (FFX) and To My World and Back Again, by Ghost Man. (Chrono Trigger)
LunarCry chapter 30 . 10/30/2003
*much applause from the front row, left centre*

What can I say? Caleb, you're awesome. This story remains one of my favourites and its completion only adds to its charm. Even if you never do another FFVI fic, I think you've left an excellent legacy for the new generation of fanfiction writers _

All in all - bravo! And thanks for the gripping read.

xxLCxx
Cap'n Pirate Monkey chapter 30 . 10/30/2003
wow. These last few chapters were so fast-paced i hardly noticed how many they were. Trust you to shy away from the typical 'happily ever after' ending...but kudos to you, you pulled it out of the hat and never lost out. The way you use odd snippets of conversation and newspaper clippings and other oddities...it makes for a highly original and brilliant style. I'm actually really sad to see this one end. Maybe i can coax a little more out of you? *holds a Zellphie lemon out in front like the proverbial carrot*...

ahem. Amazing work, Caleb Nova, and I can assure you my livers love you too :)

TIO
Rin chapter 30 . 10/29/2003
The crazy coven girl is sad. It has ended. Anyway, there were the WHA?'s, there were the aww's, there were the Oh-my-fucking-GOD-I can't-believe-he-did-that!'s. All of these along with some other expressions and profanities came together to form the magnificence that is OEAIH. I loved this. Oh yes. In fact, I've just spent a good wee while reading it all again. Why? Because as you said yourself, the chapters came out quite slowly and I wanted to refresh the old noggin.

I was not disappointed the second time around. And this is the mark of a truly great piece of fiction. The mistakes, continuity errors, whatever else, fuck em! It still rocked. I'm guilty of a lot worse. And what I inflict is about a million times worse than this. Quite simply, it has been a joy to watch this progress in the time I've been here, and to have it finish is both an exciting and disappointing event. You may actaully sput me on now. Damn you.

And though you may be only 17, I think I may hunt you down and lock you in a cage to keep as my fanfic slave. I suppose this dispells any illusions of me being a saint, but on the upside, you won't have to make love to an imagined likeness. :P

Anyway, before this turns into a full class wibble, I shall sum up.

CONGRATULATIONS! ONE OF THE BEST FICS OUT THERE!

Now go start something new for me to worship you for, crazy man.
Ashbear chapter 26 . 10/26/2003
All right, no Squall cannot die. It is a rule darn it; I am going to have faith in you, don’t let it be ill placed. *Grins* Anyway, wonderful cliffhanger, now I’m kicking myself for reading it now, and not when it is finished…it is so evil when authors leave us hanging on like that! Um hushing, anyway, I loved how you are bringing the two worlds together for an epic conclusion. The words, the descriptions, the action is far better than I could write. The reactions of all the characters still seem to be perfect, down to Squall protecting Rinoa before himself. I liked how he thought of it as his Garden that was falling apart around him. It seems so often that he doesn’t want the responsibility, but here he has accepted and lived up to the challenge. I’m looking forward to the final chapter, and now thinking back to the beginning…and seven years later. I only hope that everyone is okay! Thanks so much for writing this, I am eagerly looking forward to the end. :)
Ashbear chapter 25 . 10/26/2003
First must mention quote from ‘Homicide: Life on the Street” very cool in my opinion, but then again I have a strange Law and Order obsession, and that kind goes along with that…hey, they did crossovers, what can I say? Honestly you have managed to mix in so much of our history with theirs, and have it seem believable. The references to pop culture, our own World Wars, and even the ‘FF8 Strategy Guide’ are bringing a completely uniqueness to the fic, likely one that might not be able to be reproduced so eloquently.
Ashbear chapter 23 . 10/26/2003
The way that Squall acted when he thought Rinoa was hurt showed how much he had grown, now he actual overreacted to her fainting! Which of course would be a paradox unto itself. Wow, I’m in an author’s note, yeah, I feel so special! Now I don’t feel as crazy for staying up to…um one in the morning now. As you can tell at the content of each review keeps going down in quality, if there was quality there to begin with. :)
Ashbear chapter 22 . 10/26/2003
The interactions of the characters are just wonderful. Okay, I know boring adjective. But honestly, I love how you are doing this, you can tell they care about each other on more than a professional level. Even your portrayal of Nida is refreshing; his tour a while back of Garden was priceless. Seriously, I love the mixture of humor in the story, it brings an other dynamic to it. It is funny, when I first played the game I didn’t catch all the humor, but sadly after about my um…ninth time I started to see things I had missed before. I find your story is following that formula very well.
Ashbear chapter 18 . 10/26/2003
The comparison to Squall and an evil overlord was rather amusing. I liked how Edea came to defend Seifer, and her thoughts on all her children including Rinoa. The reactions seemed so right on concerning Seifer’s return. From the subtle actions to the outright words, it all flowed perfectly. Did I mention it is past twelve and I should be asleep, hope this is coherent enough when I’m done!
Ashbear chapter 16 . 10/26/2003
You know, in previous chapters I forgot to mention how I am liking the subtle developments between Zell and Selphie. Above all, I like how you are not making Irvine a complete idiot. So many times if a person doesn’t put a main couple together the other person does something stupid, or wakes up one day literally hating the other character. Yet, you have brought the hints around in completely believable way…which is no small task. All right I know that was a little late given the circumstances in the last chapters, but I just thought I should mention it. Of course, I liked the reuniting of Squall and Rinoa…it is obvious why…won’t even go there. But I liked how you captured them in his office, working on his computer. Loved it!
Ashbear chapter 14 . 10/26/2003
Okay, okay, okay…I loved the reactions of the other guys when Rinoa started talking. The reactions and of course Rinoa mentally getting angry at Squall for not stating about Scott right away! I am loving how this plot is working out, so far this has been truly an honor to read so far.
Ashbear chapter 12 . 10/26/2003
The descriptions of Irvine explaining to Scott the procedure of junctioning was very well written. It managed to make it believable into our world, while tying it into theirs. And the Siren comment…again classic. On a completely serious tone, the scene of the massacre was told in such a gruesome fashion that one could truly picture the scene, even if they don’t want to. Extremely vivid and down-right chilling.
Ashbear chapter 10 . 10/26/2003
The idea of Rinoa using Zell is wonderful. I like how you are developing their friendship, you can tell they really care about each other. On the flip side, you have the Irvine and Selphie dynamic separating…which given their personalities one could see happening in time. I also like a few chapters back, how you mentioned that Squall and Rinoa had similar traits…I have always believed this, and really liked how you brought that fact out. Again, the interaction of the characters with Scott was believable, and very in sync with the original. Selphie’s question was great, Quistis skepticism, and Squall’s indifference.
Ashbear chapter 8 . 10/26/2003
Squall is a CD. That was funny. I like how painted Squall’s reaction in this chapter. The fact he didn’t seem to phased by the story, but then again, he left out the playstation part. Wise move. I’m guessing it wasn’t too fun for the poor girls in the cell, but I’m thinking I’ll avoid that part…although it was funny! The prison escape scene was brilliant; the detail of the weaponry and exit rooms brought it to life. I also loved the connection that occurred between Rinoa and Squall at the end of this chapter. It was simple, but it states so much.
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »