Reviews for Could Have
the blasphemer chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Ok, so you are saying I should believe anything a person tells me? So I should become a Jehovah's witness, muslim, hindu or christian? I mean, if Jesus is so desperate on saving me, you'd think he'd find a better way to save me.

I mean nutjobs like you don't really make a good argument. Telling me I will burn in hell if I don't accept him isn't that good of an argument.

P.S. People that believe in christianity because they are afraid of hell WILL burn in hell(if it's true). Because then they aren't real christians. Jesus wants your love, not your fear.

So, if you believe because your afraid of burning forever, then you will burn with me!

Ain't that funny!
Omni chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
If I am placed in front of such a deity when I exit this plane, I have far too much strength in myself and my choices in life to be reduced to a vomiting sheep spouting apologies.

Yet still, you amuse me.

Blessed be all things deep fried and cheesy,

Omni! The Ominous Omnipotent!

Omni's Quote of the Present Moment:

“Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat.”

-Mark Twain
Tondor chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
If there was a point behind this, it was well-hidden. What kind of god wants people to convert out of fear? The kind worshipped by tyrants.

Grow up and realize that most non-Christians aren't that way out of any misdirected pride, we're non-Christian because we have found no fulfillment in it.
Oreo chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Wow. Just...wow. I'm going to convert to Christianity because...wow. I don't want someone to damn me to hell!

/end sarcasm

Thank you for that pointless drivel. A true "nonbeliever" (by non-believer I mean a strong atheist, ie one who consciously rejects a god) would never grovel at the feet of any god, no matter what.

This is no worst place for many people. I would not mind being without god. In fact, a dark room with a computer does not sound wholy bad...I mean, worse things include being stuck in a church/monastary, the headquarters of Focus on the Family or Concerned Women for American, the Vatican, etc.

Oh, and:

fuckwit. Fuckwit fuckwit fuckwit fuckwit.

Regards,

Oreo
Java not signed in chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Oh OOsi, shoot me.

VRY! *GLOMP!* Vry's back! Our resident Satanist/Luciferian is back! YAY!

*big shite-eating smile*
Vrykolakas chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
It frightens me that you are so blatently against tolerance of religions.
taggirl chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
I wish some of ya'll would realize the truth of this piece. Wasabi, this is certainly well written. I'm sorry to see you leave, But i understand your sentiments...I might be leaving myself someday for the same reason..God has certainly given you a talent. keep using it for Him (even if it isn't here)
Godfather chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
This is good. You have a very recognizable talent for writing and it gets your point across too.
Benito chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Whoa. You are a BAD Christian.
ishina chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
oh look. it's a whole story based on #44 of the christian cliches. how touching. how darling. how pissy. how christian of you, how jack chick.

great to hear you're leaving. don't let the door hit you on your way out.

and just for you: fuckwit. because it's the only way i can describe your misuse of the brain evolution gave you for a reason. i'm not afraid of your insults, i don't care what others think of me, and the great rule of flaming is: whoever leaves first loses. i guess i win then.

hell, hah.
Sarathiel chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Heehee. I love the obviousness (or something) of your points; they're funny, though I disagree with your logic (or perhaps because?). The use of was particularly amusing.

Kinda funny how the guy would've been fine if he'd had his epiphany two minutes before death instead of after. *begins to sing "What A Difference A Day Makes"* Gotta love deadlines.

Will not write parody. Will not write parody.

Farewell, and good luck. Keep in mind, however, that FF.n is not forcing you to retaliate out of fury; you have free will. You didn't ask to be angered, you demanded it.
Harvestboy20011 chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
You are right Wasabi. This is great.
Mercuria chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
I value intellectual integrity very highly, actually. And I don't think Christianity is pointless. I think it was essentially a very good religion, before people like you dug their claws into it.

Now, if I understand you correctly, you are more concerned with people not going to Hell than whether or not they love your god. Someone needs to straighten out his priorities; a religion ruled by fear would not make people happy.

The problem is, I am not "pretending" that Hell doesn't exist because I fear it. I simply do not believe in it. Religion, to me, cannot be anything more than a story I make up for myself. I respect the fact that it has obviously added so much meaning to your life, but you will not determine what sort of meaning my own life has.

If I am wrong about Hell, and that's where I'm headed, well, the system of cosmic justice ain't so just, pal. What have I actually done that would merit a one-way trip to the lake of fire? Ignored God? Why is your god such a prima donna? He doesn't NEED everyone in the world to follow him in order to save them, does he? That doesn't really make much sense to me. I mean, why would he be unable to acknowledge that a person had lived a good life just because that person had not been a theist?

I'd advise you, after you leave this board, to be happy in your own religion, and even to preach it, but not to persist if someone tells you that he/she is not interested.
28 | « Prev Page 1 2