Reviews for Beach Bashes and Banter
headless-nic chapter 32 . 7/10/2018
I absolutely loved this chapter! It was deep and insightful without being too heavy. (relating to the seashells)
I also loved how far ahead they are already thinking. It is so sweet to see Lizzy already imagining their wedding, Darcy already thinking of names for their children and so forth - in short, I am absolutely certain that they will do very well together. Okay, not that I don't think that on occasion they will quarrel, but they will always get around and that is the most important thing. Yeah, alright, now I am jumping ahead... ;)
So, Lizi is seeking out Caro (with a 'K', I know - okay, make that Carok then...)... Hm, I am on tenterhooks how that encounter will end. - Oh, and how Mr Bennet will react to Darcy's and Lizi's relationship, though at the moment that is fairly secondary for me, I have to admit.
Again, thank you for a great chapter, I absolutely loved it (I know I already said so, but it deserves a reapeat).
Love
Nic
GracefulKlutz1983 chapter 32 . 7/9/2018
sweet chapter! I'm so happy to see our dear couple together. I'm really looking forward to the confrontation between Karo and Lizi. Karo is too self centered to even realize what she did to Darcy but I'm curious if she will feel shame once Lizi "explains"!
Another Lizzie chapter 32 . 7/8/2018
Headless-nic recommended I read this after a review of Nevermind. I'm so glad he did. I read it this weekend (it's really hot in socal right now & I can't get my work done). I think you've done a remarkable job of updating p&p. Surely today Darcy would not have been as mature as the original, life being so differant and American parents generally letting their children remain childish much longer. Great job! Love gay Rick.
dreamiedreamer chapter 32 . 7/8/2018
Lizi was an independent girl so she would find it difficult to accept Darcy's offer, I think Darcy should propose because by supporting his wife they would be working for a happy future for themselves as a unit. Darcy's view of those broken seashells were quite profound. I love all the interactions between Darcy and Lizi.
Fada Mironga chapter 32 . 7/8/2018
Oh dear. She's talking to Karo. This is gonna be good.
I really liked that you did bring up that men can be victims of sexual assault and rape. Usually, people tend to ignore that and treat these situations as if it is nothing. Sexual assault, abuse, rape, any kind of sexual violence is a serious, serious business and should be treated as such. And the victims, regardless of gender, can be scarred for life. This is some serious shit. So thank you for addressing this in here. I did imagine Kari had thrown herself on him, but it's even worse than I thought. He was asleep and she would fuck him even so. God, this is so wrong! I hope Lizi will reprimand her the way Karo needs and deserves. I do not think that Kari saw it as rape or even sexual assault and she needs to see her actions for what they are.
Avanell chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
the shells reminded me of a Japanese term, about something broken becoming beautiful again. I work in a mental health organization, and passed that along to some of the program managers. Can't recall the term, but it's beautiful. Just looked up, similar terms, one might be the one I'm trying to remember (the longer one): Kintsukuroi and Kintsugi.

great update! Loved their talk, the offer/idea, and oh, woe...what will a conversation with Karo bring? I hope it ends up good, or that Elizabeth at least feels so (and maybe Karo with some self-reflection!)
Shelby66 chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
Lovely chapter.
Guest chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
I loved the heart to heart convo. Darcy was so open and vulnerable. Very sweet
Dizzy Lizzy.60 chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
Boom! Yes! Lizi will be kicking some Karo tail next chapter.
Cheers.
Guest chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
Loved this chapter, so sweet!
Motherof8 chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
Thanks for the update
SereniteRose chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
love this chapter, love the talk that Darcy and Eilizabeth had, awfuiy nice of Darcy to pay for Lizzy's schoolin, anyway lovely as ever, thanks ever so much.
TLeighF chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
I just love the way these two communicate. Darcy is so open and thoughtful.
RegencyGirl17 chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
Another adorable chapter. As a Christian I really loved Darcy’s little confession about his faith. I wonder what Lizi is going to say to Karo...
Jansfamily4 chapter 32 . 7/6/2018
Ahhh, a sweet kids in the rain.
717 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »