Reviews for Return of the Thornwood Family
Ranger Griz chapter 23 . 5/9/2020
Not a bad job! Enjoyed the chapter quite a bit. Also the whole story so far.
Reader chapter 24 . 5/7/2020
Could at least one story. I have checked the profile and not single story is complete.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/6/2020
good story ..Please update soon
PikaMew1288 chapter 21 . 5/8/2020
I don't like Minister Fudge either. Remember that Barty Crouch Jr. was the Last of the Crouch line and that Fudge straight up murdered him in Fourth Year and got away with rendering a Pureblood Line Extinct.
Rainy Ravenclaw chapter 24 . 5/7/2020
I thoroughly enjoy this fic and look forward to more! I'm glad there's more nuance and depth to Harry's relationship with his former family. I look forward to seeing where you take second year. Thanks for the great read!
WearyCurmudgeon chapter 24 . 5/4/2020
s/12786941/24/Return-of-the-Thornwood-Family

- Bigotry
So is this Hermione more bigoted, due to a Ron and Damien double team with regards to the green and silver?

As canon Harry was only antagonistic towards Malfoy and goons (Crabbe, Goyle, Nott and Parkinson) and apathetic to the rest.

Whereas Hermione only ended up having issues with Malfoy & goons as well as Millicent Bullstrode from year two onwards. That leaves Zabini, Greengrass, Davis and the mystery 5th girl as folks she had no strife with. (40 students, meaning each house had 10 new members, 5 males and 5 females. In your AU that would be 41 students, due to Damien)

*shrugs*

- Riposte
First time I'm seeing another teacher counteract the Old Wether's BS like that. Kudos on that.

- Karma
He'd be probably be better off directing them to Padma Patil or Su Li of Ravenclaw to explain the intricacies of Karma.

The BWW is too insular to pay attention to the mixed roots (both Magical & Mundane) traditions from abroad.

- Split or not
While I do agree with "PhantomWolfScout", I do think a split might be more prudent to keep the story manageable and reader friendly.

Most folks tend to be hesitant towards 100 plus chapter stories after all. ;-P

_

Corrections:

*Moony, take the spirit to a holding room until I return.*

"Moody" as "Moony" is a different character that isn't present in the scene.

*... the flying insident, then piecing together that Snape was the ...*

"incident"

*"First, The Quittage Cup."*

""First, the Quidditch Cup."

*... including in the great game of Quittage.*

"Quidditch".

*With that, Harry and Remus exited platform 9 and 3/4's before entering the men's restroom and aparating away.*

"apparating"
Arrynnoel chapter 24 . 5/6/2020
I think that determining wether or not to split this story into two is really going to be a question of how is it done. Is there going to be a definitive ending to this story before moving on to the next one, or would it be a continuation where splitting the stories would be more disjointed and possibly harmful to the continuity for readers that come along after you’ve “finished“ this story. This is one of those questions where as much as reader/fan opinion maybe importantly you, as the author you have to decide the best route for your story to take as only you truly now what you have planned for this story.
kyuubi ruler of all bijuu chapter 24 . 5/6/2020
Awesome
Guest chapter 1 . 5/4/2020
Well, the Summary description sounds interesting and you HAVE got several thousands of favorites, so many are reading it.

The important thing for me is, no matter how good, it's a better use of time and a whole lot less disturbing to just wait for the 'Complete' flag to set. Too many times over the years I have tried to read stories only to have them lapse into "In(de)finite Hiatus." Those that remain there will probably not be done by the time I shuffle off this mortal coil, so all effort reading them is wasted. Those that eventually resume need to be reread again from the beginning, to refresh long-forgotten details, while all prior attempts to read the story were time wasted and the otherwise wonderful story is even more likely to lapse into "In(de)finite Hiatus" again!

You see where I'm going with this, right? You've got a dozen stories 'in flight' without a single one yet marked "Complete!" That's a truly terrible track record and, frankly, at this point I doubt I will live long enough to see any of them finished. You've been posting them over a period of more than four years, while some have already been in limbo for nearly that long. I will keep checking back periodically to see what (if anything) has finished but, otherwise, will not be reading any of your stories until I see its "Complete" flag has been set.
Unknown9501 chapter 24 . 5/3/2020
I vote for 2 stories
Smutley Do-Wrong chapter 24 . 5/5/2020
long continuous story, or would you like a school Harry and an adult Harry story. That's two stories, one after another...

I'd suggest you play a numbers guessing game.
Like perhaps a complete fic might draw readers who only read completed stories, who then might later read your sequel.
Maybe split might reduce the numbers of new readers you're attracting, but maybe some might still leave fav & follows up for a completed story, it not reduce the count from the "ranking" users "see" for such "numbers" by going with a sequel.

Would a larger wordcount for single story, gain or lose new readers vs splitting it into two stories.

Etcetera.
Smutley Do-Wrong chapter 23 . 5/5/2020
"A professor (OVERLY VAGUE, for no reason, yet later, Amelia asks about Quirrell's whereabouts) has been possessed by a wraith and we believe Dumbledore has hidden an artefact (OVERLY VAGUE for no reason) capable of reviving the wraith(vague again, leaving out they suspect it's Voldemort) in the school. As we speak I believe three students are on their way to combat the professor. Dumbledore is also no where to be seen." Harry explained. Amelia took a moment to digest this turn of events.

all personnel remain here until we return. Professor Flitwick, where are Professors McGonagall, Snape, Quirrell, and Dumbledore?" Amelia asked.

"Professor Dumbledore was sent a summons from the ministry." McGonagall said a she entered the great hall. "Professor Snape is currently brewing some potions. As for Professor Quirrell, I am not sure of his location." McGonagall informed. Amelia nodded ... ... Frigin's, locate Professor Snape and any wandering students." She barked.

FYI, there's other "personnel", Vector, Sinestra, Sprout, Filtch ...that could be "wandering".

A major deal, is seems as if without being less vaguely told, Amelia might psychically conclude Quirrell is the vaguely unidentified professor being "posessesed" by some vague unidentified wraith.
staar81 chapter 24 . 5/5/2020
thanks for the update ...always did like prof. F...stay safe!
fanficnewbee chapter 24 . 5/5/2020
Two separate stories, please.
Homarid chapter 24 . 5/5/2020
The story is a little too straightforward, but I'm still enjoying it. I like the new family you came up with and tying in other various legends. I bet whatever harry makes will be really cool. Is he still going to make a new wand for hagrid or was that just an offer? Thank you for the update.
655 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »