Reviews for Homo Superior: House of M
Bucio chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
Well, it was really different

(By the way, Happy New Year !, I know it's a bit late, but I hope you had a good time).

And you're right, I prefer to stay with Homo Superior, partly because it's not a tragedy and partly because I'm going to be honest (I hope I do not bother or offend you) in my opinion of this Ranma's focus: you say that, for him, being a hero according to the standards of Marvel, him has to die, and those deaths as I remember were by sacrifice, by wanting to save someone, something, instead this Ranma seemed to have had a regression to what was his way of being before Broken Future; that is, to think of only himself, because he did not seek to repair the damage that had been done to reality or save the world, he only sought to return to himself, regardless of the consequences, or the collateral damage (yes, killing to the children of Wanda is the reason for her to kill him, but it is to go to the extreme, in spite of still resenting the death of Jean or being locked up again in his woman form, what Ranma did was too much), but that was not heroic, hell, the Ranma of the final fight of Apocalypse - Sinister War is more heroic and worthy than this Ranma.

Now that what you mention as heroic, it would be by how the other heroes perceived the scene, because they saw the boy being destroyed by Wanda, but they did not know the rest, hence his death (and that of his death is only speculation, if the appearance of White Phoenix Jean is a clue) can be seen as a sacrifice.

Then the story begins with Ranma remembering the death of Jean, while trying to continue with his life, including in that see by Saffron, who was still escaping, but now to the grave of his mother, and that is where it catches them unprepared the change in the reality of House of M.

With Ranma (as a woman, something nothing cliche) finding herself in another world, literally, and that's when she looks for answers she finds, after reading the newspaper with Logan (both happy to see a familiar face) and then with some heroes and the team to which Logan belongs in that reality, among them Ranma (male) of those who barely escape and if I understood well, with Ranma having the same skill as Layla Miller, then proceed to restore a group of Heroes and X-Men (can be appreciated , by the way, what Emma said, after returning to herself that her girls chose well - although I already knew that), in order to try to return things to normal, and learn, thanks to Dr Strange, of the why of the existence of two Ranmas (due to Jusenkyo and the use of Chaos Magic)

Besides knowing that HoM Ranma, to be something created based on Ranma, but without their memories, was totally different from him (infinitely), was the key to what followed later, because while the others focused on Magneto, Ranma sought out his double, which led to the confrontation between them and the tragic outcome that followed

The scene of the tomb was the same as at the beginning, only that at the end there were now two tombs (It was good to see Susan take care of Saffron - thumb up), and that one of Ranma had the signs of appreciation that those who were his friends and closest people (although something of Sybil was missing):

- The diamond roses (Celeste and her sisters, obviously)

- The Open Beer (Logan)

- The figure of Star Wars (Myst)

- Dazzler's album (Beak)

- The pinup poster (Evan)

- The small wooden mallet (Akane)

- The umbrella (Ryouga)

- The scratches on Ranma's grave (Laura)

I suppose that in the case of a possible continuation it would be the return of Ranma (maybe in the events of Avengers vs. X-Men, as he is, who returns with the Phoenix Force), assuming that he would have survived, but I imagine that it would be for a future if you go back to Homo Superior later on.

Although now I am already mentally rambling on about how it would be an emotional reunion between Celeste and Ranma, where they would continue their relationship (here I am already channeling a bit of a part of "Crysis Effect 2" an X-over of Mass Efect in the reunion of Jane Shepard and Alex MaverickDrake at ME2 events)

If there is something else I can say, is that the development of the events felt rushed (maybe in your attempt to put only the most basic in this fic) it is understood that you are not Marvel, and to have developed this more would have taken more time and work that you may not have available, hence in this format (something more developed and elaborated, you would have had to take a series of chapters, maybe 5 or 6)

I suppose there's nothing more I can say about this story, not that I can remember at the moment, although, now that I remember about the last omakes of Homo Superior, about the omake in which Ranma meets Esme and a certain group of people in an alternate reality, that was a nod to "The Gifted" right?

Good luck and keep it up.

P.S: curious fact, If you had posted this on January 3 it would have been on my birthday.
Swanboy chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
Love the storyline.
Would love nothing more than for Ranma to come back though. This is my favourite of all your stories and has so much potential. That and I am partial to a happy ending.
digiranma chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
Daaaaaaaaaamn. It's an action pack oneshort but daaaaaaaaamn crazy at the end.

Good stuff all around. Looking forward to future stuff.
Hishin Trueflame chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
Is this seriously how all of Homo Superior ends?
I know you said that " Don't read if you don't want things to change for you!" but Ranma's death was so damn rushed, the entire thing was rushed to hell and back, hell i feel cheated that Homo Superior has such a shitty event for Ranma's death and ending.

If you wanted to kill Ranma you should have done so in his fight against Apocalypse, this... "event" didn't deserve Ranma's death in it because of how rushed you made it.
Seriously a final sacrifice to save everyone was what Ranma deserved, this?
This was just bullcrap of the highest degree, tearjerker my ass.
raiglory chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
Excellent story as always. Hopefully you will continue to M-day maybe, pretty please :).
Well, there is nobody of Ranma and we all know to never count someone dead unless you have the body in front of you, and in some cases, not even then.
tamagat chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo...
so whats next?
HermitCap chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
Hopefully the Marvel theme will continue and Ranma won't stay dead. Still, great work, I enjoyed it!
flipnotejoe11 chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
I'm... I'm speechless.
Honestly, it was a great read, and I think I can see the threads you might be spinning with this.
Most SuperHeroes do tend to be resurrected someway some how.
And by making Ranma a Superhero, I'm assuming that's what's your going for.
But damn hell, was that not saddening.
The death of Ranma Saotome, honestly I didn't see that coming at all.
MartinDeShade chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
Got to say this stinks. I realize you probably plan to resurrect Ranma, but why would you do that in another story? That might be the way comics do it, but written stories don't. It is like if the 'War of Thrones' story ended with a huge asteroid hitting the world and killing everybody. It would make everything before that completely pointless.
Look what Jesus did chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
It’s a shame. I would have liked to see where this world was going as during Ranma's death scene it appeared that someone had intervened meaning that he would likely return at some point in the future. I can see your point regarding his superhero status but in fairness he has responded even in the manga to situations where he had to save people who have wronged him, either greatly in scope or in number of attempts. It has really been brought out in the previous arcs though e.g. stopping Saffron, bringing down the sentinel factory, almost losing his life against the omega sentinel and Apocalypse. Though he might not have earned the superhero title in canon, in your story he earned it long before he got himself killed through poetically being an insensitive ass.
Capito Celcior chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
OK, even though this story is complete I'm following for when you put the warning that next story is up. But please, don't have Ranma wait to long to be discovered not dead. Or resurected.

Because if this really was the end then that would undermine the feelings of accomplishment from Homo Superior.

Can't wait for next story.
zekses chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
Suddenly Humor got switched to Tragedy, bailing out.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
Well sure he's dead NOW, but with his new Superhero cred he probably won't stay that way for long.

Marvel and whatnot.