Reviews for The Mathom House Quest
duj chapter 9 . 1/24/2005
They went on a bigger quest than they realised and still ended up giving away the prize.

I seem to remember Gandalf or Bilbo making a comment about forgotten treasures in the mathom house; did this sit by side with Bilbo's mithril coat for 60 years?
Firiel chapter 9 . 3/31/2003
Very well done. I like the way you incorporate information from the appendices (which too few people have read) into your stories, and how your stories all seem to be connected to each other. The one thing I wasn't crazy about was the thought inserts in chapter 6 - they didn't add to the story for me. I look forward to the next chapter of "Fair Folk at the Free Fair."
shirebound chapter 9 . 3/28/2003
What a wonderful ending! And I love how Queen Arwen had "banished" them all from the family rooms. The children spoke and acted beautifully before Royalty. Did you have this ending in mind all along? A well-crafted story, Snowball. I'm so glad I found it.
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 9 . 3/27/2003
This was such an enjoyable and incredibly cute story. And touching, too...very, very well-done. I especially admire how you manage to portray each of the children as believable individuals (and engaging ones to boot). Also love the perfectly hobbity moments of humor-two pippins at the dinner table, the gamgee boys play-fighting and feigning illness...I love it. The story itself, too, was very fresh and not something I've ever read before, so I applaud you for that as well. I wish I could write a story with such a strong plot-arc as this and such a unique idea.

As I said, I absolutely adore the characters you've created here (especially with the foreshadowing of Goldilocks and Faramir's relationship) and I would love to read about them again.

Oh, and P.S. Sam at the end when Aragorn makes that remark about hidden treasures-you totally got me there. Of course Sam would still be as protective of Frodo (and his memory) even all these years later. Very moving.
shirebound chapter 8 . 3/27/2003
Adorable, as always! Oh, the horror of getting your share of the food "with two Pippins eating"! A lovely feast, and a wonderfully happy family reunion.
shirebound chapter 6 . 3/26/2003
Thank you for the "tour" of the Mathom House! I can't remember any story doing that, before. And "everything with its own secret history."

This continues to be so wonderful, Snowball! The most wonderful adventure turns sour when you're tired and hurt and wet! And oh, "that was wizards' robes, not a stupid frilly dress his mother made him wear."
shirebound chapter 4 . 3/24/2003
Oh, poor Merry! And the POV of the fox almost had me in tears. This is certainly a trip none of them will ever forget.
EloraCooper4 chapter 2 . 3/23/2003
aw...you're story is so sweet I love it! I can see the happy little hobbit kids perfectly...so sweet. Theo is short for Theoden right? You're story is truly wonderful I loved how you even started linking Faramir and Goldie together! Very nice! Please write more soon!
Siofra1 chapter 2 . 3/23/2003
Aw... This is so sweet! I love the little hobbits to death. I also like the name you came up with for Merry's son! I've been trying to think of a good name, but couldn't make Theoden or Eomer sound hobbit-y... Theo is perfect! Also, Faramir and Goldilock's friendship is great too.

And of course, the Balrog conversation is great as well. I laughed out loud when I read that!
shirebound chapter 2 . 3/23/2003
This is utterly delightful! I can picture everything just as you're describing it. (And I do love, ""Balrogs don't have wings." "Yes they do.") So sweet!
shirebound chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
What a wonderful beginning! I love that idea, "Uncle Frodo's journey with our Dads was to get rid of something wasn't it?" (Isn't it about 50 miles from Hobbiton to Michel Delving? That's quite a walk! But who cares... it's a great story so far!)

It's a treat to read about separate personalities amongst the children. Merry certainly sounds like a responsible lad. I look forward to their Quest!