Reviews for Dancing
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Loved it.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This is kinda sad, and gives a grim idea about what happens to children of Maia descent.
Ms. Scarlett Evans chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Does anyone think maybe Elrohir and Elladan, Elrond's Sons, felt the same pain? I don't know if they would. The Maiar blood in them is fainter but they're my two of my Fav. Chars and I was wondering. And lastly but not leastly-(Is Leastly a Word?-)-before I forget to say it: Great Story
Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 4/11/2003
I think the thing that hurts the reader is Elrond's telling of all the people he asked for an answer. The sentence that hit me square in the face was "but Gil-galad said the stories never tell things like that." And Elrond has aked so many people, different people; it seems like all their wisdom wasn't enough to answer a small child's question. "Why did Luthien dance?" indeed. I wonder what solution Elrond found in the end? Lore maybe?

Grr. Do you know that you are one terribly good writer? You just made me shed a tear.
Lalwen chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
That was absolutely brilliant! I am utterly speechless - I loved Celeborn's memories and little Elrond's perceptiveness.

Wow - this is a story to make one think...

Please tell me there are more where this one came from!

Outstanding...
Lara7 chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
I'm feeling so incredibly sorry for Elrond now, even more than after reading the previous story. To think that save for Elros, nobody can imagine what this is like for him...

And your explanation for Luthien's dancing is fascinating.

Btw, Göttingen? Vielleicht hätte ich auf Deutsch reviewen sollen. ;-)
Clarenova chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
*sniffles for a moment then faints from the utter joy of reading such a good fic*

Ahh! You portrayed little Elrond so well I wanted to scream. The idea of making the "dancing makes the pain go away" was very profound, and I liked it a lot. Being driven to hurting by the blood of a maia running in your viens... *shudder* Poor little Elrond.

A very well written fic, my heart went out to Celeborn, Elrond and Luthien all at once. )
Losseniaiel chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
*passes out from admiration*

Poor little Elrond. Will you show us how he learns to control the pain ... perhaps by channelling it into power?

I've never thought of his heritage this way, but you write it so beautifully.
Marnie chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
This story is fantastic! You have such a way with words - the description of Elrond's hair on its own is poetry. And then there are so many great insights... who'd have thought that the power might be too much to handle? Who'd have thought that Celeborn's memories of Luthien could be a torment to him?

It's wonderful! I've often wondered how these two met, but this surpassed my own imaginings by miles!

I wonder if it would be possible for me to put this story up on my site? This is the site:

. .

Please make my year and say yes!

Marnie :-)

jillian baade chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
I have only one thing to say about this marvellous story, that perhaps this is why Elros and Arwen choose mortality. To end the pain?
Tinni chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
This is so sad. It didn't occur to me before. But you have a point. Maia blood might be too much for an elf or worse a human to manage. Maybe that could be a reason Elros choose to be mortal. This way he could be sure that he wouldn't have to carry the pain with him forever. Just a thought.