Reviews for A Beautiful Lie
Eldrad36 chapter 1 . 5/12
Just a quick note to say that I really enjoyed the story. The relationship between Albus, Grindelwald and Harry was great. A bit angsty at times but really enjoyed many elements and some good action!

Thanks and keep it up!
stevem1 chapter 49 . 5/2
This is a very good story. A bit too angsty and if Harry had been even moderately decisive the war would have been over in half the time, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Harry seems to have dumb downed his ambitions, serving as a coach driver as a career, but maybe it’s less stress.
stevem1 chapter 45 . 5/2
I don’t think killing Pettigrew is ‘murder’. They are in a war. He fights for the other team. It is killing, not murder.
stevem1 chapter 38 . 5/2
I’m really enjoying this story, but people insulting Grindlewald to his face makes zero sense. The man is a dyed in the wool killer. There is no one in that house that can match him, even if they all came together. Insulting him is like insulting Ghengis Khan. He’ll kill you, pure and simple. I know that some people like to be holier than thou, but even the densest should understand you don’t spit on the psycho mass murderer.
stevem1 chapter 18 . 5/2
Why was Harry standing and having a conversation with Bellatrix? They didn’t know he was there. He could have killed one or more before they were ready. Instead he has a chat.
The pregnant Daphne was foreshadowed so subtly that I didn’t even pick up on it during my first read through. All and all this might be my favorite HP fanfic. I love a well developed Grindelwald as well.
CrazySasori chapter 49 . 4/28
I really don't know what to say other then that this was wonderful, thank you for writing it.
SonOfTheStorm chapter 1 . 4/28
One of if not THE best depictions of Harry Potter's characters in a fanfiction. Loved your work! Though I am a bit more partial to Daphne :)
Clavyus chapter 49 . 4/27
Great story. Lots of angst, well-written, and a few nicely original ideas. Kudos.
Nadoxx chapter 49 . 4/27
Enjoyed the story very much!
Tritian chapter 49 . 4/24
I KNEW DAPHNE GOT PREGNANT! I called that shit!
Markus-Antonius chapter 49 . 4/18
This was amazing to binge! Though I’m a little disappointed that the whole Daphne situation never seemed to get resolved I do get that it would have interfered with the flow of everything
PaddysAvianExpert chapter 49 . 4/16
Wow! That was a great end. The entire idyllic setting exuded happiness, felt extremely happy and satisfied for Harry to finally be able to enjoy this life he fought so hard for, seeing that he was able to live out Albus' last wish for him. Definitely cemented as one of my favorite fanfics.
PaddysAvianExpert chapter 47 . 4/16
I've read so many fanfics that have built the fight with Voldemort for so long for it to end up being completely anticlimactic, just an OP Harry firing away with the Elder Wand and destroying Voldemort. You did a phenomenal job of keeping the fight intense and epic and still making the end feel very true to Harry Potter franchise.
Thanasi chapter 49 . 4/15
So i just binge read this, and thank you so much for finishing it lol. I feel like I still have so many questions... I mean him becoming a flying instructor feels meh considering he barely flies the entire story. Yea we know he was a good quidditch player... but I feel like he is so much more than that... it kinda betrays the expectations dumbledore had for him I think. I hated how Grindlewald died tbh... id have rather seen him walk into the veil on his own accord. The ICW felt like the big bad tbh at the end. I would have liked to see them get what they deserved considering they were working together with Voldemort in the end. So many characters didnt get their just deserts tbh.

On the other hand the characterizations were great. I loved how you ended Gellerts and Albus duel. I liked Albus and Harry's relationship. Watching your other characters were genuinely amazing as well. I feel like the focus was definitely more on Harry and I enjoyed that quite a bit. I really disliked Krum but I feel like that was necessary for the story. Overall it felt worth my time to binge it like I did.. lol almost 3 hours! I hope you will keep writing!
1,568 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »