Reviews for Chuck vs La Belle Dame sans Merci
Tpsoftballdad chapter 20 . 10/2
Bravo! Just a really well done story that I enjoyed very much. Great tension and action in the final mission and loved that Chuck’s brain and hacking skills played a big role in the result. Even Carina may find a little happiness and love herself. Also enjoyed the epilogue and a peek at married life for Chuck and Sarah. I know I’ve said it before but thanks so much for this story, it was a lot of fun to read.
Tpsoftballdad chapter 11 . 9/30
Can’t believe how many threads you have running through this story. Training with Casey Sarah and now Carina. Zondra joining the mix with an interest in Chuck and a CATS past that is being worked through. A mission to trip up Amy and a fake mission with Sarah showing just how much spy skill Chuck has learned. Finally thrown in Chuck and Sarah in love, Sarah having to reveal her past and her jobs with Graham and Sarah and Dr Owens scheming to remove Sarah from Graham’s clutches. And all wrapped up in such an interesting story, that I just have no real idea where you will go. Though I would expect Chuck and Sarah to be okay if the honesty recommended by Dr Owens takes center stage. Can’t wait to see how you have chosen to interweave all these threads. Again thanks so much for this story, I’m really enjoying it.
Tpsoftballdad chapter 7 . 9/27
... but I’m wondering*
Tpsoftballdad chapter 7 . 9/27
Very unexpected. First Sarah’s interaction with Ellie then the video she sends to Chuck. I really like Sarah and I’m wondering if there is an ulterior motive here. Casey is just normally gruff Casey, but to have the one who treated him the worse in their short interaction now apparently offer advice against her self interest. Chuck definitely must have lots of questions. So good, ready for more.
Tpsoftballdad chapter 4 . 9/26
What an interesting Part 1. Very much like how the Intersect even downloaded so long ago improves his analyst skills while the Piranha persona affects the hacker ones. Chuck is clearly trying just to serve his time and keep his head down but fate seems to be conspiring against him. Though understandable given his forced employment and relocation, Chuck seems quite depressed and certainly no improvement from the post Stanford malaise, hopefully some purpose and happiness will eventually come Chuck’s way. Interesting ways to bring Casey Carina Zondra and Sarah into his life. Right now Casey and Carina seem the strongest links but I’m sure that’s likely to change in the future. How very Chuck like that even trying to be unobtrusive he has had an effect on all of them. Looking forward to what the future brings for these relationships and the storyline as well. Thanks for recommending and sharing this one.
PGHammer chapter 2 . 7/8
What Chuck had to go through *I* had to go through - once. (Remember, I didn't work there.) Absatively posilutely pain-in-the-gluteus. Visiting NSA spaces forces you through that - as a matter of course. Result - most folks put it on a level with tooth extraction. This was not the ONLY NSA space I had to deal with; one of the other ones I had to deal with MORE often - to the point that i got an invite to their Christmas party. (It didn't exempt me from the PITG security procedures.) However, it was ALSO why - more often than not - whenever something needed to go to those spaces, I was the poor schmo that got trapped into doing the drop.
PGHammer chapter 1 . 7/8
The facility exists; it's just NOT at the Navy Yard - but elsewhere in DC. (I have, in fact, been there - multiple times, in fact.) Yes; it's brick.
sumanth jain chapter 20 . 6/8
Awesome. Different take loved it
kwrobes chapter 20 . 4/26
I just want to compliment the author in all the ways that I can. Outside of excellent writing, dramatic and still interesting and believable plot, this story excels in many ways. In particular, I love the grounding in reality. The hacking seems relatively realistic as do the cities and the additional research on actual spy work just shines. All put together, this makes you one of my absolute favorite authors in the Chuck fandom. This review can apply equally well to the rest of your stories, but I'll leave it here.
klipdoctor chapter 20 . 4/19
Brilliant re-imagining of Chuck with great characterisations and I really enjoyed how you brought all the familiar characters together. It was well-paced, gripping and a really good story and you'd researched it brilliantly. Thanks for sharing.
bigfan22 chapter 20 . 4/17
Wow. This fic was absolutely amazing. Well done!
ReaderNotAWriter85 chapter 20 . 4/7
Absolutely amazing story. Couldn't put it down. Loved everything about it. Thank you for sharing this with us
PGHammer chapter 1 . 3/21
Apparently the author is familiar with the area, as that is exactly how you would get from the Navy Yard to NSA via mass transit. There is a subway station at the Navy Yard that also serves Nationals Park - which directly abuts it; and the MARC Odenton station directly abuts Fort Meade (and thus serves NSA, CyberCommand, the National Cryptological Museum and - rather cutely - the Maryland Correctional Institution at Jessup). You change from MARC to the subway's Red Line at Union Station, and change from the Red Line to the Green (which serves the Navy Yard) at L'Enfant Plaza; I know from having done it (coming from Baltimore, further up the MARC Penn Line from Odenton). Naturally, if you want to make the trip in reverse, you reverse the directions (Navy Yard to L'Enfant Plaza, change from Green to Red, then L'Enfant Plaza to Union Station (change to MARC) than Union Station to Odenton).
darkdraco0021 chapter 10 . 2/14
No sarah , YOU hands off chuck. Unless you agree to share with z. Carina ? Meh she is fine by herself
Harakan chapter 20 . 1/26
Great story one thing still left a secret between them her adopted sister but ok good work mate.