Reviews for Chuck vs La Belle Dame sans Merci
Kelt45 chapter 20 . 7/1
Wow. What a great story. Greyroc doesn't have a huge amount of stories posted, but has been consistently excellent having great stories in 2014/2015, 2017/2018, and again in 2020. This story does not disappoint and lives up to the expected high quality. I've only just had a chance to start reading very recently and am really glad I finally found these.

This story is the type that I classify as a spy-AU. It occurs in the spy world of the TV show, the characters all resemble themselves from the show, and a lot of the key concepts and events are there. But they are cleverly changed to create an entirely new world that still feels familiar to what we are used to. It is done with great writing and an interesting plot.

As a rule, I don't like to quibble with other reviews and respect other opinions. But I hope a recent review or two questioning Charah in this story doesn't dissuade anyone from reading. While it is true that Chuck and Sarah meet in a VERY dark initial way, they do manage to get over that and I don't find it unrealistic in the context of our Chuck and Sarah. The hallmark of Charah from the show (and something a good AU like this one carries over) is the special connection they have. Both Chuck and Sarah are pretty flawed in certain ways from their background, but they are perfect for each other and fit together like puzzle pieces. I think the author has done a great job of showing that in this story and making Charah feel right and natural.

Again, I can highly recommend this story.

(Note to readers: If you like my reviews or the kind of Chuck story I like, check out my FF profile for a list of other recommendations.)
HC68 chapter 4 . 5/26
'Chuck was rubbing his other wrist. He looked at her. "You really were going to hurt me, weren't you?"

Sarah sighed. "No, Chuck, I .. I was only trying to .. to scare you. I needed to make absolutely sure you weren't with Fulcrum."

When she looked directly into his eyes she could see he wasn't buying her explanation.'

Neither am I.

'Then, he remembered and flinched, moving away from her touch like he'd been scalded.

Sarah, surprised by his actions, jerked her hand away. She nervously gave him a weak smile, agents lived in the land of black humor. "Too soon?" She joked half-heartedly.

Chuck stared at her in disbelief. For once, his sense of humor failed him completely.'

That kind of suggests that Sarah is _way_ out of synch with normal human reactions, 'black humor' is natural to agents and soldiers but it only goes so far.

I like this story, your writing gets better and better with each new story. I especially like the way you give a sense of the living activity going on in the agencies and behind the scenes. I can so easily believe Morgan doing something so foolish, especially back then, and Chuck taking the fall for him: sure. Chuck would do just about anything to protect Morgan or Ellie.

I also like that Chuck is wary enough to hide his talents. What happened with Sarah is a good enough indicator of why he might not want to draw attention.

But on one point I'm afraid my WSOD fails. The idea that Chuck and Sarah would easily get together after _this_ intro...this is the sort of thing that's gonna leave _long_ memories, bad ones. Their meet during the show strained things, but there was enough good involved in the bad to make it not too bad a leap.

But this meeting with Sarah...I just can't see them getting past it so fast. Maybe if they met again 5 years later or something...but Chuck believed he was about to either die in agony or survive possibly maimed or crippled or physically/mentally scarred for life, and he has no reason whatever to believe Sarah's assurance that it wouldn't have happened. Heck, I don't believe her here! We've seen from the show how ruthless she can be if she thinks she has reason! And Chuck might reasonably worry about what would happen if there was ever another 'misunderstanding'.

After this first meeting, I could imagine Chuck maybe getting together with Carina or Zondra, but even there the association with the agencies would likely be nervous-making for someone who had been through what Chuck had. But I can't see Sarah and Chuck working for a _long_ time afterward.
reptoholic chapter 20 . 5/17
Loved this story! Amazing Job
reptoholic chapter 19 . 5/17
hell yes
reptoholic chapter 18 . 5/17
keep up the amazing work
reptoholic chapter 17 . 5/17
Go Sarah! Whoop Whoop!
reptoholic chapter 16 . 5/17
Hope he is right
reptoholic chapter 15 . 5/17
Hope he does not doubt and talks to her
reptoholic chapter 14 . 5/17