Reviews for Freezing Point
Mal chapter 3 . 2/20
oh wow. this was amazing.
Lewot chapter 3 . 1/17
I wasn't expecting a happy ending, but either way it's a fascinating story. I've been working on how to use ambiguity, and you seem to have stricken the perfect balance. Articuno might be responsible for Chester's decline and even recovery, or it all may have been coincidence; either way is viable with the information presented. And it was neat the way you blended in the Hoenn stuffI always like to see apocalyptic events from the perspective of average people. Both the snow/cold and the rain imagery were well-written, and the emotional stuffwhether it's the cycle of hate or the plummeting fear of lossis quite evocative. I've only just found you recently, but what I've read of your stuff sets a high bar, and this is of the same caliber.
Aardvark123 chapter 3 . 1/17
That was a really good take on legendary pokémon. Of course there would be consequences for capturing a tremendously powerful spirit of nature; why should the player get away with doing something Team Rocket tried?
Keleri chapter 3 . 1/16
"He picked up a piece of coal from the ground and tried to put it in my mouth."

OH NO BEST POKEMON I LOVE

omgggggg how bittersweet. This is great, I'm glad Chester made it! I love the complicated relationship with Katriona's mom and the price of catching a legendary. Very well done.
Keleri chapter 2 . 1/16
Hahahaha, very nice. I love the backstory about Kyogre and Katriona's desperate attempts to measure up, and the toll Articuno's captivity is taking on her. A
Keleri chapter 1 . 1/16
Nice, I like the logic of using aura to track Articuno and multiple pokemon to weaken it.
Oliver Jasmine chapter 3 . 1/16
This is just so neat! Its always so cool to see stories that actually treat the legendaries like gods and show people being genuinely afraid of dangerous pokemon.
Anla'shok chapter 2 . 1/14
"Actually, I hate this almost as much as you do." Ain't that textbook abuser?

I understand Katriona. Both her trauma and the damage having such a successful mother that barely notices her. It's beautifully shown and I love that I understand her. Of course it doesn't excuse her behavior. It simply succeeds it making this very disturbing. And this fic highlights the massive power imbalance pokeballs create (and there's the fact that most of the people she interacts with don't really care how Articuno feels at all).

The descriptions of the cold aura that follows Articuno even when its trapped in its ball were wonderful. Also Katriona's growing awareness that it's not just any chill.

I'm eager to see how this goes.
GoldenFalls chapter 2 . 1/13
Wow! This is a great continuation of the first chapter! I love how you establish the main character's relationship with her mother, and also how you show that her dream hasn't been what she wished for. It seems like she's been listless going through life and this goal was really motivating for her, but now that she's accomplished it she's realized that nothing she disliked about her situation has changed. She's still not excited by training/without a clear carreer path, still unsatified with her life, and her mom still isn't giving her the aproval or attention that she's been lacking ever since she was a kid. That part where she remembers that her mother called Articuno a god, contrasted against how the mom now doesn't seem to think it's a big deal, really hits home with the idea of that loving mother from her childhood doesn' exist now and she's not getting it back, and capturing Articuno was ultimately futile. And showing how her mother was neglectful by showing the main character's trauma about the flood and how her mother didn't comfort her, while also using that to establish her lack of reverence for and almost spite for legendary pokemon, just wow! This is just such a good chapter and I really like your writing! I'm really interested to see where you go with this and thank you for this chapter. :)
GoldenFalls chapter 1 . 1/12
This is so subtly creepy, I enjoyed it. The way that he excuted his plan and succeeded at his dream makes me feel like whatever comes next is bound to be something unexpected and not what he imagined and I'm really looking forwards to seeing what it is. Thank you for writing this fic!
Farla chapter 1 . 1/12
[The weather had hit -30 F, an unusually high temperature]

I really love this. Both for the initial jarring sensation and for what it means about what the main character is attempting.

[Articuno let out a high, clear cry. The beauty of the sound was so great that I forgot for a moment where I was and what I was doing.]

And this is just lovely in itself.

I also appreciate the cleverness to the battle - thinking it through, setting up based on what little is known, using multiple pokemon at once, and finally, a real use for castform! And how this was definitely a good idea that will have no downsides.
PlunnyBreeder chapter 1 . 1/12
Holy shit is this prose good. And your description of the capture had me mourning when the suspense was over. You go, you wonderful writer!
Motherflipping Oak chapter 1 . 1/10
This was really good. Your prose is delightful as usual, wonderfully evocative without ever going overboard, and I enjoyed the narrator's interactions with their pokémon. Looking forwatd to how this develops: that final segment is very intriguing indeed.