Reviews for Diamond in the Rough
SandmanCircus chapter 8 . 3/24/2018
hhhhhhhhhh
SleepinBeautyK chapter 8 . 3/13/2018
That last chapter got to me like i almost cried
randomcat23 chapter 8 . 2/11/2018
Yes, just so good. *sighs*

Kid, it wouldn't be you without the slight asymmetry, so you gotta just deal with it! I think you did such a fabulous job with incorporating everyone into the story. I'm kinda struck dumb by it, really. I'll be imagining BlackStar as a genie for awhile, that's for sure!

Wonderful job, thank you so much for the read. It's been nothing but a treat. :D
randomcat23 chapter 7 . 2/11/2018
Okay, Blair referring to the skateboard as 'kiddo' had me dying. I am easily amused and I thank you for all of these references!

Loved the battle between Medusa and everyone. Free has always been one of my favorite minor characters, so it's been great seeing him team up with Maka and Soul in this fic. You wrote him well.
randomcat23 chapter 6 . 2/10/2018
Ah! So much happened in this chapter, I don't know where to start!

*flails arms unproductively*

Soul and Maka's trip to his house was adorable and satisfying. See, Soul? Opening up doesn't have to be painful.

But, seriously, Medusa is probably the worst. Threatening Soul to eat a peanut and then trapping him? I'm like half laughing from the ridiculousness and half terrified for what will happen next!
redphlox chapter 8 . 2/9/2018
IM SO EMOTIONAL ahhhhh im so glad soul finally told the truth and that the ending was sooo happy it made me smile really hard! Im a sucker for happy endings, and im so glad tsu and star are traveling the world abd i love how sassy kid is!

Fave line: Blair tags behind him, and there's a very fearful moment where Soul is terrified that he's taken away his cat's ability to talk without thinking before she rolls her eyes at him and says, "Please, kitten. I've always been a magical cat."

Awww he was so afraid of losing his best friend the cat ;-;

Ahhh well this was such an enjoyable read, congrats on finishing yet another resbang!
redphlox chapter 7 . 2/9/2018
So much action, but im mostly grossly offended and SO SAD That Eruka has not been saved and that the next chapter is the last one and that there have been exactly zero (0) besitos between Soul and Maka, i wish i wish there are some next chapter, pls, pls pls :

Also: "On to your explanations. I do value the truth, after all." Her eyes glint. "When it suits me." Kills me because even MEDUSA never lies Soul, pls. Pls.
redphlox chapter 6 . 2/9/2018
Im SCREAMING SO MANY THINGS ARE HAPPENING? Im so glad soul is being more honest with maka and that he is tons more happy now, even if he is a lying sack of poop. Also blair is THE ABSOLUTE BEST.

God silly each chapter keeps getting better and better and it already started out so high! Some of my fave lines in this one are:

"When she looks up and sees how close his face is, she can't decide whether she wants to kiss him or slug him. Instead, she chooses her other favorite option: she nags him."

AND those last two paragraphs when Soul wishes to get the hell out of there and Star replies with "you got it dude!" Yesss haha, reminded me of Full House, so cute and silly!
redphlox chapter 5 . 2/8/2018
The moments between Soul and Maka make my heart meeeelt i stg holy crap. These lines were so beautiful:

"And so he does, and as he listens, there's a sort of humming warmth that starts to fill him up, heat trickling through his chest like a waterfall in a stream. It's building, growing stronger with time, the heat spilling through him, reaching out, and suddenly he can feel what he's been listening to, the steady hum of her soul entwining with his."
Ahhh fnfnfndmmdkfkfkdkd I wonder why Soul is lying to everyone? It's gonna come back to bite him in the booty and I can't wait tbh. Also Spirit and Maka’s relationship is the perfect amount of tense and care-about-each-other, it is a
redphlox chapter 4 . 2/8/2018
Im falling deeply in love with Soul and cat!Blair brotp. They have so many cute exchanges ahh. So wonderful. Also I'm dying to know what Medusa has up her sleeve! and im CACKLING over genie BlackStar he is such an absolute bro with a good heart. The little exchanges he had with flower!Tsubaki made my heart melt, thank you Silly!
redphlox chapter 3 . 2/8/2018
Im CRYING KID IS A SKATEBOARD LMAO. I knew immediately when you said "a flower with no scent" that it was Tsubaki ahhh, I loved Star's entrance and I am getting the feeling Blair knows more than she's letting on. But god I wonder why Medusa wanted to get Star released? Hmmm. Also I'm loving Soul and Star's relationship, yessss, so good. I love it. Also poooor Soul, the poor thing.
redphlox chapter 2 . 2/7/2018
OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN HE CALLED HER CUTE fbfndncndmdmm! I love Soul and Maka’s interactions like holy hell dude, it's the perfect combination of snark and comfort around each other, ughhhhh it's so good. I laughed during the Soul stealing fish scene, especially at "Soul dimly registers that he should, ideally, be getting the fuck away from here" and squealed at Soul 'miring dem legs and fell in love with Maka kicking ass. Also godddd is Medusa shacking up with Spirit oh my goddd. Lololol. What a great chapter!
redphlox chapter 1 . 2/7/2018
Hi silly! Ahhh well I'm so happy I'm reading, the first scene with Medusa and Eruka really drew me in, the tone was well written and I'm CURIOUS as to who that cheery but very mysterious voice was and if Eruka is going to be ok, and what is Medusa up to? Insert thinking emoji here, haha.

Soul and Blair's relationship is SO CUTE ugh, and poor Maka, putting up with her papa and those awful weapon hopefuls (esp the one with the sweetheart comment, gross.) I'm itching to see the Soma unfold and I think I know where it's going but ahhhh!

Also I love your narrative, it feels great reading Silly writing :)
randomcat23 chapter 5 . 1/28/2018
Aw, look at those two, bonding and fighting for the first time. I'm sure Maka feels relieved that she finally found someone to work with. Which...makes me worried about what will happen when the lies are eventually revealed...

Soul's internal dialogue make me laugh. He's such a dork!

Great job, as always!
randomcat23 chapter 4 . 1/22/2018
"itty bitty lifting space." -I died. Such a clever and funny use of that line!

Now that he's in the academy, things should get even more interesting. I can only assume and hope there will be shenanigans with BlackStar and Kid. And of course, how long can Soul fake it through being a weapon? I'm really looking forward to the first time he and Maka team up! :D

I think you meant to have a line break between the scenes, but they roll right into each other. Just fyi!