Reviews for Cat Among the Pigeons
marvellous-ish chapter 11 . 5/28
The crossover themes between Psycho-Pass and Harry Potter work surprisingly well. Even without the extravagant futuristic technology, these are somehow balanced out with magic.

I gotta say I’m extremely impressed and hooked up on the plot. The pace and characterisation are formidable — I would read anything with Tom Riddle in it. And the fact that ALBUS decided that Tom was going to be Wizardry Britain’s problem child makes it so much better.

Are Lily and Tom projects ? The lowest and highest coefficients working together... it looks like a test. Like Lily is being tested to see if she is worthy of being ALBUS itself.

Oh man, I’m so excited. Can’t wait for the next update.
TheBookFrog chapter 11 . 1/19
Just binge-ed the whole story! I don't remember how I found it but I think it was mentioned in a Muffin fic.
WHAT happened to Remus? WHAT happened to Albus? WHAT is ALBUS? Where are Sirius and Peter? IS Lucius still a poncy ass? IS Cornelius anything important? IS Minister of Magic even a position that is needed? WILL we have a HP fic without HP or Hogwarts at all? WHO runs Hogwarts, if both Albus(?) and Minerva aren't? WHAT determines whether or not a fic gets a lot of reviews, because this the second obscure fic I've found in as many months, and its a bit unsettling to realize that there could be a bunch of fics to my tastes I've not read because I can't find them (I'd always assumed the filtering system was good enough). HOW do non-humans register on ALBUS? IS Riddle secretly the incarnation of all evil, still biding his time? WHY is it that the more James Potter appears in fics, the less I like him? SINCE Voldemort didn't happen, is Peter good? All this and more are things that may or may not be answered, but since this isn't by Lemony Snicket I assume there will be some answers.
Wonderful story, really intrigued to see where it goes from here!
Guest chapter 11 . 11/4/2020
the chapter! So excited to see that you updated. Lily and Tom's relationship is definitely getting interesting :)
INeedSleep chapter 11 . 10/28/2020
I love Harry Potter and I love psycho pass so this fic is the shit! Thanks for updating and glad you took a rest in these trying times. Spoilers but I hope neither Mary or Marlene (especially Marlene) die
Cat Beats chapter 11 . 10/26/2020
I’m always happy to read a new chapter of yours!
The Carnivorous Muffin chapter 11 . 10/26/2020
Well, as usual, you know what I love about all of this but I actually have something new to say here.

I think what your story does particularly well, better than any I've ever seen, is the disconnect between the muggle and wizarding worlds. The wizarding world is a place out of time, out of sync, with the muggle world and it's so wonderfully jarring when Lily brings up even now older references to television, books, and films. It's something stranger than just a foreign country.

Also, just, psychedelic rustic. There is no better term for the wizarding world design choices.
The Carnivorous Muffin chapter 10 . 7/18/2020
Well, you already know most of my thoughts but I really do like this as the wrap up chapter of the arc. Rather than end on Weasley, we end on the victim of all of this, and are reminded of what's most important in this case.

I look forward to the coming arc.

Also, so you know, you've fallen prey to fanfiction's hatred of outside links. The fan art link is cut off. Probably best to just tell people to check out your tumblr.
Cat Beats chapter 9 . 3/3/2020
That kind of trope is all over the place in fanfiction. Some authors don’t realize they’ve written characters and a story that actually diverges from their original goals, and end up creating something that doesn’t make sense. Lily is really quite fun to read about, she has a way of being that’s relatable but entertaining. Thanks as always and until next time!
ifyoudieidie02 chapter 9 . 3/1/2020
I am not ashamed to say that I squealed when I saw you had updated and i was not disappointed as the whole chapter was incredible. I particularly enjoyed Lily's narration of Marlene's reactions specifically the friendship trigger comment. Can't wait to read the next chapter, I am definitely looking forward to some more Tom and Lily interaction and learning more about ALBUS. I think the world-building you have going on here is incredibly interesting.
Eldritch.screech chapter 9 . 3/1/2020
Love how inquisitive your Lily is, it's a pleasure to follow her thoughts and her position as a relative outsider in their world makes her wonderful heroine. And Riddle is such a good foil for her, definitely one of my favourite, if absolutely unexpected, dynamics in hp fic world.
INeedSleep chapter 9 . 3/1/2020
It’s so good poor Arthur
ohhteriki chapter 9 . 2/29/2020
woohoo, an update, loved it!
The Carnivorous Muffin chapter 9 . 2/29/2020
I like to think that I would never make Lily's mistake and have "Jaws" be the introductory movie, however, I have made very similar mistakes. As always, I love the chapter so much I'm out of words.
Natto'n'aliens chapter 8 . 2/8/2020
Hello. I'll go straight to the point: please update soon! Sooner would be best, if you can.

At first I was confused as hell (thankfully I read your first AN, so all the characters being close in age didn't completely lose me) because I was not familiar with the anime you based ALBUS on. Now I might watch it, so good job haha

But even knowing nothing about Psycho pass, your story managed to get me on board, and now I'm hooked. So, please, more.

Nattou
Eldritch.screech chapter 8 . 9/16/2019
So happy to find out you've updated, notifs were going straight to spam without any action of my own. Still, what a tense, gripping read, never knew this set of characters together would mesh so wonderfully - it's your wonderful writing that has them working so well 3
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »