Reviews for Tomb of the Unknowns
Christina K chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
And on re-reading it, yup, it was as good as I remembered. It makes me sigh sadly but also happily; there's something about it that feels like a good cry. Cathartic. There really did need to be more fic about Jesse; but also all the other people that just disappeared there. Lovely stuff.
JediClaire chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
The two characters that stick in my mind the most in 'Buffy' and 'Angel' are Jesse and Doyle. Because they were great characters and their deaths had great meaning, even if the meaning is often left unsaid.

Doyle helped Cordy and Angel find their path in LA, and I think he was someone Cordy could have loved very much. He died a hero, with so much left unsaid.

Jesse was Xander best friend and his first kill, the reason he hates vampires so much. It got on my nerves a bit how he was never mentioned after the begining of season one.

Thanks for reminding us all of the unamed dead. Is 'Greggo' from CSI? Where did you get that idea? And would you ever write more from this idea?
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
Oh wow.

That's so... incredibly... Xander... He would do that. I can see it.

And the last line about Buffy's grave holding them gave me chills.
redcat512 chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
that... as always, was brilliant work, of course.

you captured Xander perfectly, and you captured the spirit of Buffy (the show,

not the character, i mean) perfectly.

but it was very sad and nostalgic. i liked Xander's almost wry attitude, its so

beffitting the situation. and its true, there were a lot of people in Sunnydale

who go by unremembered and unacknowledged. makes sense that Xander; the one who

sees everyone, makes a point to acknowledge them.

great overall, as per usual.
Maggy chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
"Sometime during the past few years, he found he could tell how long until sunset almost by instinct."
Excellent story. I almost felt guilty to be spying on Xander during this private moment- because this story really *is* Xander: you've captured him perfectly. He *would* be the one who remembers, who marks the passage of time.
The second time I saw "The Harvest" I wondered about the scars most high school students feel when they experience the death of a classmate for the first time. This is beautiful.
I hope JW reads this, because you deserve kudos for writing it so truly.
Nikapi chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
The non-closure when it comes to Jesse has always bothered me. It never really occured to me, though, how many people Xander and Willow probably have had to see die due to Sunnydale realted happenings, but I'm sure, having lived there fo over 20 years, it's not a little number. This was a moving and very well written piece, and I'm glad to have read it.
Death Scribe chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
THis one brought me to tears.
Bolo chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Noticed how the live of others has gone down the scale of value. Like there used to it by now, people die so what, type of thing. When they used to care more...
Natas chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Wow, very wow. I liked it. I was really confused for most of it, lol, but I got it. I really liked it.
Teri chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Wow! I could so see Xander doing this. Thanks!
RobC chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
That was excellent, well done!

Rob