Reviews for Chuck Versus The Man Who Never Was-The Third Arc
WillieGarvin chapter 11 . 9/3
Thank you for a really great story. I have to say that I've re-read the diner scene and the scene in his bedroom in Casper so many times that I have them memorized. Sarah in Beckman's bedroom is a close third. I love what you've done with each of the characters. Ellie's gratitude to Casey - just terrific. Please keep writing.
berksboy chapter 11 . 7/27
This chapter first, the punishment fits the crime, just desserts, enjoyed reading the presidents story line and the ending was nice.

The story overall was superb, great moments in it from the meet up in the prologue, the moment Sarah walks into the diner (my favourite part) to the conversation with the general, ice cold, cuts to the bone from a milder, Bartowski influenced Walker, as well as the meet in Chuck's condo where Gillian discovers it's Sarah Walker and a few more I won't mention.

I actually preferred this one to the original, that one is very, very good but I liked the different locations and flashbacks with this one, as I've mentioned before in a previous review regarding the Kleenex, the emotional scenes were, phew, emotional and there was a few, they were so well written.

Fanfic writers do this for free, for the love of the show or film and for the love of writing, so cheers Wayne for taking the time to write this and others, I guess we readers take it for granted but we appreciate what you do and you should be proud of this one and I look forward to a new story as and when you decide to put fingers to keys, Neil :)
berksboy chapter 7 . 7/26
A sad and a nice chapter in one, You should have put in the A/N on the first chapter, *Kleenex may be required.*

Looks like high emotions will run on to the next chapter, it didn't hit me to start with when I was reading the last section and then boom! of course, could get a bit teary now, Ellie's not one to hide her emotions, will Chuck remember her, Kleenex at the ready.

This is such a great story and only a few chapters left, ho hum!
berksboy chapter 6 . 7/26
Geez and I thought the last chapter was great, Shame about Gillian.
There are many good parts to this chapter but the best bit is: "Sarah Walker. Sarah Walker. I like it."
"You know what might have been cooler? Sarah Sky—"
"Don't say it, Chuck. We already had that discussion, brilliant.
I can honestly say, since Chuck aired, I had never thought of that, having said that I once saw a picture on-line with her holding a lightsaber but it didn't click.
And
"Walker, she's one of ours…"
"Sarah, that's Gillian. Don't…
Wait. Sarah? Sarah Walker?
Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!

Looking forward to the next chapter, if it's anything like this one and the ones before it, I'll be chuffed, well written and slightly amusing chapter, Wayne, thanks.
berksboy chapter 5 . 7/26
Well, I wasn't wrong, this is turning out to be a damn fine story and that last section from the moment the door bell tinkles, wow! lump in the throat emotional, it actually caught me by surprise, I was expecting some more story in Denver before they got to Casper.

Boy, I'm so pleased that the next follow on chapter is completed.

What can I say WvonB, superb.
berksboy chapter 3 . 7/25
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two arcs, which i read twice but this one i am enjoying more so far, the settings are varied, the past and present timelines and still each chapter ending has a good twist to encourage you to move onto the next chapter, which in my book is the sign of a good writer.

And for Beckman's sake, it's probably a good thing she didn't hear Casey's last words, when i read that it reminds me of the movie Tombstone and that famous quote, only this time it's Agent Walker saying it.

Great story so far Wayne, bang on :)
PeterOinNYC chapter 11 . 7/23
The third arc of this story has been, without question, my favorite of the three. I am guily of not sharing that or reviews as frequently as I think I should, but that is not due to story quality and entirely due to poor time management. I haven't missed a chapter though - reading it as soon as I see it is out. Often rereading chapters and being rewarded with little tidbits that mean so much that were missed the first time through. What I like about this arc so much is how well you have shown us the transformation of Sarah Walker. You illustrated her vulnerability from the moment we found her in that remote cabin, through her interactions and confessions with Chuck, to sending loving looks at the camera in Beckman's bedroom knowing Chuck is on the other end (and of course not killing her) to the softness exhibited in this chapter. Really well done! I will miss this story - but probably not for long because I'm sure it will, like all of your others, get put back into reading rotation in the not so distant future. I hope you enjoy the time off - although I hope it's not too long. As for future projects, well you have a way of finding great story ideas all by yourself. As for extending something - well, you know I am curious about Idiot. :-)
Thank you for sharing your gifts with us!
Deathzbreath chapter 11 . 7/23
What a great ending to an absolutely amazing story. Thank you.
I feel as though I've been reading this story for seven months. Hey, I have been. Nice job, as usual. I hope you have more Chuck stories in you. I'll look forward to them.
Lonny J chapter 11 . 7/22
One of the best.
sevenrez chapter 11 . 7/21
Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. I enjoyed every chapter. The idea and writing style and flow was awesome. I have enjoyed all of your stories. I wouldn't mind seeing you extend The Plan or the The Idiot.
I also would like to see a story focused on the Summer Crest idea. The agents being willing participants and maybe Sarah's encounter with Chuck effects her and causes a glitch. Maybe the agents are suppose to forget those covers but of course she can't forget Chuck. I don't know just throwing that out there. Love all your work and look forward to more! Thank you!
Tigertod chapter 11 . 7/21
Great story I enjoy the way most of the fanfic authors never have Shaw as an impediment to Chuck & Sarah’s relationship. You better than most get the relationship between those 2 Chuck never would have left Sarah the train station & Sarah never would’ve done to Chuck what she did the first 13 episodes of season 3. Those 2 bastards should have been shot for what they put them through on the show. Their actions killed the momentum of the show. I firmly believe that if they’d gotten them together during the 1st season the show could have been really special. There are more ways of getting angst than inserting other people into their lives
Newfanfikker chapter 11 . 7/21
Thanks so much for the story. Enjoy your sabbatical and when you get back to us my vote is to continue anything and everything.
Being a darker soul I would have liked to bask in Beckman's misery just a little more. Bathed in a tub full of her sorrow and lamented impotence. There are harder choices from literature which could have been used:). At least I can imagine seeing her come to the realisation that she no longer mattered.
Wonderful job.
j.santacruz98 chapter 11 . 7/21
PERFECT JUST PERFFECT
wilf21 chapter 11 . 7/21
What an absolutely brilliant ending to an altogether excellent story. I really enjoyed all that was revealed in the President's conversation with James MacNamara and I very much liked that device for getting us up to date. I've loved all of your Chuck fictions, from Crosswalk onwards and hope that, at some point in the future, you may return with another great Chuck story.