Reviews for Chuck Versus The Man Who Never Was-The Third Arc
Grayroc chapter 10 . 7/13
'let the punishment fit the crime'. One of many great lines.
The interaction with Carina was excellent and revealing of both women. Friends, yes, but different personalities entirely. Sarah's confrontation with Diane Beckman was excellent. I wish the show had showed us something similar.
In the first two seasons of the TV show...DB was exactly as you paint her here...very willing to use Chuck Bartowski as an asset...an asset that would sadly be consumed in the using.

As always your writing is lyrical...you paint your canvas with words that evoke. Thanks for this story.
Newfanfikker chapter 9 . 7/13
An afterthought.
Discussion in the presence of Beckman on her new name, as her new character.
Ellie - "anybody got an idea for a name"
Morgan - "Oh oh oh I got it. you know how they have a competition on the Internet every year for the world's ugliest dog. Just look up the name of last years runner up."
Chuck - "Why not the winner?"
Morgan - "I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of being number One"
Newfanfikker chapter 10 . 7/12
Fabulous chapter, you have me excited. Really impressive journey into Sarah, mind and motivation.
roxcella chapter 10 . 7/12
Yay! Carina made it into the story. The way Sarah described her life gave proof to Gillian's fear and the Wildcard Enforcer name. The similarities between Chuck's awakening at the hospital and in this chapter were good but "her" being present this time was more gratifying. Enjoyed it.
sevenrez chapter 10 . 7/11
How can you stop there! I love the plan for Beckman. The part about Chuck apologising to Sarah was pure fluff and I love it! Thank you.
fezzywhigg chapter 10 . 7/11
It was a fantastic chapter! I like how you tied things up. Now I can't wait to see who they turn Beckman into.
phnxgrl chapter 10 . 7/11
I loved how Sarah and co are going to exact a price on General Beckman's treachery. Please continue.
Deathzbreath chapter 10 . 7/11
Let the punishment fit the crime. Excellent update looking forward to the epilogue!
James Mowery chapter 10 . 7/11
If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly you have a very nifty comeuppance about to emerge. I especially liked the search of literature for a punishment paradigm. Of course Casey would be the guy who would insist on the classics! I guess where this is going to come out would be like Edmond Dantes railroading Mondego, Danglars and DeVillefort into Chateaux D'If for revenge. I wonder if Diane will take up residence at Sarah's cabin in the woods?

Overall this has been a powerfully written and fast moving tale. You've captured Sarah's penchant for being way too hard on herself very movingly. I particularly liked the forceful economy of conflating her with enveloping darkness (Sarah Walker is NIGHTFALL!). This made a very vivid contrast with the way you used her emotional attachment with her emphatic curs to simultaneously illuminate her anguish and reveal her craving to nurture. A desire that always colored her actions even if she didn't see it.

Your writing of Chuck should not be overlooked just because Sarah is such a vital contrast of light and shadow. It is hard to write a paragon well. You have to reveal him by degrees through his actions if you want to sustain interest and build narrative background. You more than succeeded in doing this. With a few bold brush strokes you managed to paint a Chuck/Charles portrait of a smart, positive, well adjusted quintessentially nice guy with a dark hollow center. Even all his smiling hard work and empathetic bonhomie can never quite dispel the faint pall of tragedy that hovers over him. Very well done!

The only criticism I have with in the context of the story boundaries you've limed is the scenes that involve the dogs tend to increase the pollen count in my immediate vicinity whenever I read them. To be fair I suppose I shouldn't hold you responsible for local air quality problems. In any event I await the denouement with bated breath. Whenever you're ready Maestro!
wilf21 chapter 10 . 7/11
A fantastic chapter thank you. And with a suitably chilling ending. Bring on the epilogue.
Zettel chapter 10 . 7/11
A deft, touching story. A capstone to a great Chuck story in three arcs. Congrats, WvonB. My hat's off.
atcDave chapter 10 . 7/11
Well that was an epic chapter! Lot’s of talk and a fitting treatment for Diane. It was good getting Carina in the mix too.
The last burning question is what they do from here?
Crazzywally chapter 10 . 7/11
A cliffhanger! How horrible, cannot wait till then.
david.carner chapter 10 . 7/11
I don't have the words to describe all the emotions this fic brings out of me. What I can tell you is tears always flow, not tears of anger or sadness, not anymore, but tears that show how much I am moved by these two and what they mean to each other. You continue to write homerun after homerun. Thank you for this wonderful story.
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 10 . 7/11
I'm guessing Gillian will soon have a short, incompetent secretary. Both fitting and creepy.