Reviews for Falling Down
ClaraBow51 chapter 15 . 9/14/2019
Finished 15 chapters now. I feel like a deserve a gold star! I wish I could have read this new, it makes it difficult to mention lines when it isn't fresh in your mind anymore.
I kept thinking how rare it is to find somebody who really respects and supports you. Like they do for each other. Castle picking her up and showering her off, and trying his best to not make her feel ashamed was just so loving, kind. I definitely think she'd do the same for him.
The part with her shutting him out. And hiding out in her bedroom, staring at that water mark, instead of focusing on her problem. Who hasn't been there? Being so distraught, so lost that you become fixated on anything and everything but would you should be thinking about.
Also, loved him talking about visiting Montgomery's grave and leaving flowers for him and Beckett's spot where she was shot, trying to say goodbye. Wondering how she could forgive Montgomery but he couldn't forgive her. I honestly couldn't come up with a reason either. (I'm not that forgiving) But maybe you try to bend & forgive for the right people. Or sometimes good people do bad things. There are exceptions. But very rare.
Oh, he told her he loved her. Yes! She needed that. I needed that lol. They are gingerly opening up to each other. So glad it's that way. It's more real more relatable, they are striving towards the same thing.
So glad she's seeing Dr. Burke again. (I wish they would have used him more in canon). After these last few chapters, I feel like I should call him for an appointment. I'm sure there are other parts I'm forgetting at the moment, other parts I'm still trying to wrap my head around.
This is so, so great. I'd say I'm speechless but based on my review that would be ridiculous :-)
ClaraBow51 chapter 6 . 9/14/2019
I'm 6 chapters in now! I really do love Carol Ann no E (made me think of Poltergeist lol) Poor lady working long shifts, especially at that age. This country takes care of the wrong people.
Anyway, I actually had to take a breather when Ryan called Castle back, telling him how Beckett was yelling for him to save her when she was on the ledge. (He was always there to support her. SIGH!) And he cried & then threw up. Oh, poor guy.
That lawyer really knew his shit. Are you a lawyer by day, funny ass Castle writer by night?
Just loved the sternness, the hard-ass and gritting his teeth behavior with Beckett. How he struggled to be tough with her, while trying to be patient. He knows she's sick but doesn't know or fully understand what's going on. Surprised he confronted her on the empty liquor bottles. (I actually said, DAMN!)
I knew he still cared but grateful he told her he still cared. She needs to know that more than he'll ever know.
I should be well into starting dinner. But here I am :-D
By the way I LOVE glazed donuts too. Wish Castle would bring me some along with his sexy ass.
Intense, beyond sensitive story.
ClaraBow51 chapter 3 . 9/13/2019
Okay, so you forced me to read this story lol. So it's now 2:30 and I'm 3 chapters in. I'm just at a loss for words for how incredible this story is. It's a little depressing, a lot angst filled but I'm so relieved it's not overly DARK. I was worried I wouldn't hear the characters with the route this story was taking. It's definitely not the case with this!
I knew Castle would come to her rescue. He's very much in love her but he isn't a lovesick fool or a doormat. (So glad he's written where he still has his wits about him). I really feel for Beckett as well, she's very ashamed and very much alone. (I agree, I think she has an addictive side as well). She just seems like she's stunted emotionally, mentally since her mother passed. I'm totally putting way too much thought into this. This is Castle fan fiction not Dr. Phil.
You were right, I was wrong :-(
Brinohms chapter 29 . 8/21/2019
Alexis has warmed up consideraLY, not considerable.
Brinohms chapter 27 . 8/21/2019
Addiction to ANY substance is a sickness. However, such addictions are also a CHOICE made by each individual. People don’t choose to get a disease such as measles or cancer. They DO choose choose substances that are damaging, however. Whether the addiction is too much sugar or alcohol, you must simply choose to avoid the
substance. That means that, no matter how many organizations define it as a disease- something you caught not by a choice you made but by circumstances you can’t control- substance abuse is NOT a disease. It is a lifestyle choice. Period.

Nancy chapter 29 . 7/25/2019
Love your imagination, your choice of words and the rhythm of your writing! Thanks!
SeannysMom chapter 29 . 1/28/2019
Excellent story ! Very well written ! Thank you
Guest chapter 29 . 1/6/2019
Just reread this wonderful story. Alcoholism is a challenging and heart wrenching disease and the manner in which you have tackled it has been both informative and sensitive. Thank you for pushing through the challenges of writing this story and bringing it to e very Casketty conclusion. Bravo (again)!
natters chapter 29 . 12/16/2018
Great fic
Liloo chapter 29 . 12/7/2018
Thank you for all the feelings!
FluffyFierce chapter 29 . 12/8/2018
I liked the round up, interspersed with that dialogue between them filled with familiarity and no recriminations. Even the aspects of canon (reimagined or not) served to emphasise their PARTNERSHIP (not some unequal thing). Thank you!
MajorSam chapter 29 . 12/7/2018
I don't even know what to say right now! I haven't actually read Castle fic in a while, but the second I started this I couldn't stop! Blitzed the whole thing! It was just so dang excellent! The hardest journeys are absolutely the most worth it. I've always said the more extremes you put your character through the more you discover about them! Thank you so much for writing this. Wowee wow wow.
KBRC87 chapter 29 . 12/1/2018
That's a great story that captured me. I don't know anything about alcoholism, but this story really makes sense to me. Kate and Rick are still themselves in that alternative scenario. And I cried with them ...
Thanks for writing and sharing.
FluffyFierce chapter 27 . 11/29/2018
Kate’s honesty with Castle and herself and the way she could just Tell Castle and he listened...they’ve come a long way! I liked that courageous element in her. Stillbengagingvreading thank you
FluffyFierce chapter 26 . 11/25/2018
I thought you dealt with Kate’s slip and her erfectionistvways...and Castle trying to deal with it collaboratively without casting aspersions, in a v heartfelt genuine way...
1,742 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »