Reviews for Story Hour With Dumbledore
Hahaha lololol
Cookies and Ink chapter 1 . 2/23
This was really sweet.

I'm used to more angst/darker themes in your work so I went into this fic with some trepidation but it was lovely. I adore the idea that Dumbledore wants to connect with his students and the image I have in my head of them all sitting cross-legged on the floor like little kids amuses me greatly.

You left it quite open-ended so now I want to know what other stories he thinks up. I think as well you could've been a bit more creative or dramatic with the tales he tells, given what we know of Dumbledore's lives but then again, him telling them about socks did have a nice humour/parody element.

Nice and light, thanks Maisie.
RainyDayReading chapter 1 . 2/15
Aww, this was so cute!
I love Dumbledore in this- he's creating interesting stories for his students and acting like such a grandfather and it's amazing ;P
And I also like how you inserted snippets of different storeis along with how the students reacted to them. Adding their comments in was really nicely done :)
Great fic!
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 2/5
This is such an interesting idea. I love the concept of Dumbledore holding story hour, and I think his stories are hilarious. I love the references to Aberforth and the socks. And it's probably best that they stopped teaching a spell that so easily turns people into a yak! oh my! Overall this is just very cute.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 1/31
Aww, this is so sweet and so fitting for Dumbledore, wanting to spend time with the students like this. I think there's some ambiguity over whether all his stories are true, or if he's embellishing them a little to keep the kids' attention, and I really like that. I can just see that mischievous gleam in his eye. I do wish there were a little more to this story, but for its brevity, it's a fun read.
hillstar chapter 1 . 1/19
You know, dotty, eccentric Dumbledore is probably my favorite Dumbledore. I could definitely see him hanging out with his students, just telling stories of childhood memories and old times. (Meanwhile, he would still be the badass plotting the downfall of the Dark Lord.) I especially like the story of the girl who used the wrong letter in an incantation. Spells are pretty tricky and I bet that would happen all the time in real life if so much magical power depended on pronunciation.
octocelot chapter 1 . 1/19
I read this story confused the whole time, to be honest. I almost felt like Miss Scrivner, wondering, "Where is Maisie going with this?"

Caught a typo in the fourth section, 'She said 'v' instead of't.''

I was wondering at the end if Albus was telling boring stories on purpose so the students would stop attending, and if "and he didn't want that" was sarcastic? Either way, I think you captured well how utterly weird Dumbledore is (perhaps he is going senile in his old age?).

Thanks for submitting, Maisie!
ipsa dixit chapter 1 . 1/18
aw, this was actually cute! i don't normally like dumbledore, but i really liked this grandfatherly side of him.
i saw one little spag mistake though, ["She said 'v' instead of't',"] - 'of' and ''t'' should have a space in between them. that's all, though :D
i also liked the different sections, of his different types of stories [sockssssssssssssssssss] very nice story :D
I would like to be Dumbledore in this story if I ever grow up.
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 1/15
This is cute and hilarious. Dumbledore telling random stories to the students for "Story hour" is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see for that prompt. XD
CelestialRosegold chapter 1 . 1/14
This is hilarious! I like this slightly mad!Dumbles, and I shudder to think of the poor students! And lemon drops, of course! Well done, Maisie! :D