Reviews for A Question of Duty
wotumba1 chapter 10 . 3/2
what a wonderful story!
good to know he didn't agree to aid the fellowship on a whim ;-)
UnnamedElement chapter 10 . 1/16
I read this when it was published many years ago, before I had an account. I just read it again, and with the 10th chapter. I STILL adore your characters. Thank you for sharing this with us, and congrats on the publication of your new book. Best,UE
Nako13yeh chapter 10 . 10/18/2015
xD i can't express how much I like this story. It's so... adorable! XD
wenduo chapter 3 . 9/27/2015
Hobbits can be the best in asking questions indeed. Hmm what story did Aragorn tell?
wenduo chapter 2 . 9/27/2015
Hehe Aragorn is really trying to spoil the fun. Hmm what happend to the other Elfling Legolas used to play with?
wenduo chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
A good view from Legolas about the situation.
PSW chapter 10 . 8/20/2015
*sigh* I always hated that part of the book - the bit about Legolas and the gulls - and I must say this final chapter of your story actually left me a little nauseated...which is meant completely as a compliment to your skills in creating and writing such a wonderful world and people in Mirkwood that I just can't imagine him leaving them all for any reason, sea or no... So sad.

Your writing is so fantastic. I look forward to finding the rest of the one-shots in your profile I've missed, now that the big Legolas timeline is drawn to a close... :-)
PSW chapter 3 . 8/20/2015
Ha! That was probably surreal... And, yes, there are probably *very* few that know what they both look like... :-)
PSW chapter 2 . 8/20/2015
Interesting to see them from an outsiders POV - that they would be intimidating and difficult to read simply because of who they are. And again, I love all the random singing - it sounds like a lovely place... :-)
PSW chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
And Legolas is like, I don't want to sit through any council - I just want to go home! :-P

Well, if pity from Bilbo in not killing Gollum was important in the end, the pity that allowed him to escape was probably important too...
HadaGalaxia chapter 10 . 6/26/2015
:') I'm feeling so emotional now! It's sad, beautifully written and I'm so happy this has an appropriate ending after so long!
Your stories about Legolas provide him with a full background, and I love them, and they are as true as you can get in fanfiction. I love them! Thank you D
You are one of my favorite writers in lotr and in general, and I hope life is smiling at you and you get to write plenty (I'm a fan :p)
Now I'm officially late
A-Z-animal-freak chapter 10 . 6/3/2015
Um so hi, just some background so I can fully describe my excitement at your update! So, whenever I'm going through a LOTR faze I always reread your stories - and it's always kind of bothered me there was no 'finale', but I contented myself by reading on repeat. SO: you've totally made my day by updating this - love it. Any possibility of more? Thanks again!
Guest chapter 9 . 6/1/2015
I like how you "fleshed out" the side scenes such as the missions preceding the leave-taking of the Fellowship. You can squeeze so many interesting things and character-progression into those - just as you did - e.g. the elves' begrudging realization that there is much more outside their own bubble in the world.
Ami chapter 10 . 5/31/2015
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the notification! You are without a doubt my favourite fan fiction author (can't wait to read Finders Keepers!) and your stories are what I always turn to when I need cheering up. I've read them over and over and never tire of them. Thank you so much for posting a little extra to this story. I loved seeing all these characters again and it has definitely made my weekend!

My favourite part is definitely Beliond. I am amazed he made it out of there with his skin intact! And how awful for him, for his charge and the son of his friend to march into the same enemy land where his son was lost, and then to have to go home and break the news to this overprotective family.

earthdragon chapter 10 . 5/30/2015
This has been a wonderful story and beautifully written. As this seems to have ended with a cliff-hanger, I would love to read a sequel, with the further adventures not only of Legolas and his elven friends, but of his brother too - not to mention Thranduil the fabulous. After all, I don't think that Legolas actually sailed until Aragorn had passed on, so there are at least another 120 years for father and son to enjoy each other's company (Aragorn was 210 when he died).