Reviews for A Question of Duty
HadaGalaxia chapter 10 . 6/26
:') I'm feeling so emotional now! It's sad, beautifully written and I'm so happy this has an appropriate ending after so long!
Your stories about Legolas provide him with a full background, and I love them, and they are as true as you can get in fanfiction. I love them! Thank you D
You are one of my favorite writers in lotr and in general, and I hope life is smiling at you and you get to write plenty (I'm a fan :p)
Now I'm officially late
A-Z-animal-freak chapter 10 . 6/3
Um so hi, just some background so I can fully describe my excitement at your update! So, whenever I'm going through a LOTR faze I always reread your stories - and it's always kind of bothered me there was no 'finale', but I contented myself by reading on repeat. SO: you've totally made my day by updating this - love it. Any possibility of more? Thanks again!
I like how you "fleshed out" the side scenes such as the missions preceding the leave-taking of the Fellowship. You can squeeze so many interesting things and character-progression into those - just as you did - e.g. the elves' begrudging realization that there is much more outside their own bubble in the world.
Ami chapter 10 . 5/31
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the notification! You are without a doubt my favourite fan fiction author (can't wait to read Finders Keepers!) and your stories are what I always turn to when I need cheering up. I've read them over and over and never tire of them. Thank you so much for posting a little extra to this story. I loved seeing all these characters again and it has definitely made my weekend!

My favourite part is definitely Beliond. I am amazed he made it out of there with his skin intact! And how awful for him, for his charge and the son of his friend to march into the same enemy land where his son was lost, and then to have to go home and break the news to this overprotective family.

earthdragon chapter 10 . 5/30
This has been a wonderful story and beautifully written. As this seems to have ended with a cliff-hanger, I would love to read a sequel, with the further adventures not only of Legolas and his elven friends, but of his brother too - not to mention Thranduil the fabulous. After all, I don't think that Legolas actually sailed until Aragorn had passed on, so there are at least another 120 years for father and son to enjoy each other's company (Aragorn was 210 when he died).
gginsc chapter 9 . 5/30
Well done! A very good explanation of Legolas's decision to go with the Fellowship.
BookWorm624 chapter 10 . 5/30
Valar! I was sooooo excited to see this! Your stories were much needed distractions for when during looooong hours of study and writing papers in college! Even now, I look back with fondness at them and this glimpse that you created for us here really helped answer alot of questions. I always wondered what Thranduil's reactions would have been not only to his son returning to him but also dragging a dwarf along and not to mention the sea longing. You really have kept Thranduil consistent all these years and when I think of him I always picture him this way. Again, thank you for this gift of a chapter! Sooooo worth the wait!
ziggy3 chapter 10 . 5/30
Oh- I could hardly believe it when I saw you had posted something! A long missed scene and absolutely wonderful and poignant and perfect as I always expect and get from you, Daw. Congratulations on getting your book published- I often think of you and your fab stories. I hope this means you are back in the fandom now- we have missed you!
lotrlover16 chapter 10 . 5/30
Really liked this little missing scene. Thranduil's reaction to his son joining the quest and then returning with a dwarf and the sea longing is something I've always wondered about. So much fun to see it in black and white before me.
So good to see some new work of yours. I've read most of your other work and enjoyed every minute of it. Hope we will some more more of your fanfic up before too long.
HassleCastle chapter 9 . 8/3/2014
This was great. It was good to read an almost cannonical account of how legolas and aragorn came to know each otther. I would enjoy reading the whole quest from legolas's point of view. It was good to see beliond supporting legolas. :-) :-) :-)
HassleCastle chapter 3 . 8/2/2014
I like the fact that legolas and aragorn are not fast friends long before the council in rivendell. Your version is very close to cannon and I appreciate that.
Lea1985 chapter 9 . 5/6/2013
great story
citylights319 chapter 9 . 1/17/2013
Ahhh. Wonderful.
It was probably hard for Beliond to let Legolas go like that.
citylights319 chapter 8 . 1/17/2013
Pipe weed. LOL. For some reason, seeing the hobbits and whoever smoking pipe weed in the movies always struck me as comical.
citylights319 chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
I'm sooo excited for this story!