Reviews for Battousai of the Teahouse
hakubaikou chapter 12 . 9/9/2003
I could hear it perfectly. It was hilarious, Shishio in particular. Heehee! So snide!
Mewberries chapter 12 . 9/9/2003
*nods in agreement* True, true. *starts laughing* This chapter was just as great as the last chapter! Shishio certainly made the most of having to sing...again. ;) I liked Sano's input on the two managers 'idea' of what happened. I always wondered why Raoul didn't say anything in the play, but oh well. Well, Sano certainly would have anyway. Good job! Very funny parody! :) Keep going!
Jaid Skywalker chapter 12 . 9/9/2003
Lovely story! _ I love this musical, although I haven't heard it in years. You're doing such a great job! Parodies are one of the hardest things to do well, but yours is excellent. lol, I had to love the first scene with Hiko. You sure got him down. _ Can't wait for more!
RurouniGochan chapter 12 . 9/9/2003
Lol! You've done it again! _

Favorite lines:

Shishio *even less so*: Apparently we need you too.

and

Sano *watching Megumi*:

Is this her angel of music-? *thinking for a moment* Na...

Incredible! You actually went and thought out everyone's indivudual lines and blended them together! *sighs* I just wish I had my PotO script booklet and not just my soundtrack to help with this.

Amazing as always! Please continue!
RurouniGochan chapter 11 . 9/9/2003
*beats hand against her desk, trying to control her fits of laughter* Holy cow was this ever what the doctor ordered! Hilarious stuff! XD

My favorite parts range all over from Aoshi's kodachi, to Shishio's note, to Sano's "Uh... she's not here then?" (that actually fits in the music! It's great!), tori-scratch, Sano laughing at Battousai's note (I can just envision that on-stage, breaking all the tension), Shishio's "Let's not be hasty..." (lol!), and finally Megumi's speil into , what is it?, Italian? Yee gods, this was wonderful! _

Oh yes. And Thank-you for keeping that "Written" joke in there. That's one of my absolute favorite parts of this scene. And you played it so well off of Aoshi and Shishio's characters! Bravo!

*runs off to the next chapter*
RurouniGochan chapter 10 . 9/9/2003
Even if there isn't much change, it's kinda fun putting our favorite RK characters in place of the PotO cast.
RurouniGochan chapter 7 . 9/9/2003
*laughs heartily* Too much fun indeed! Oh what a joy to read.

Now I wish I could see what that dance would be like choreographed too. Sounded interesting...
RurouniGochan chapter 6 . 9/9/2003
Sorry I haven't been following lately! Dang but I've got some great scenes to catch up on! *pulls out her PotO soundtrack* Let the goodness begin!

[quote]

Sano: How the hell do you lock a shoji?

[/quote]

LOL! Sano makes this even more hilarious than usual. But I admit I loved Kaoru's "drunken rooster" line. _ Classic!
Negaprion chapter 11 . 6/29/2003
Shishio? and Aoshi? As Andre and Firmin? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh that's funny.

(reads Author's note)

ARGH! I have to wait 'til September? It's not fair! *:coughs:* Sorry, I didn't review any sooner, but I was really busy, the past few weeks. As far as Hiei goes, if you have never watched Yu Yu Hakusho, you wouldn't know who he is. And as for him being menacing, he only thinks he is. Just think of him as a short vesion of Aoshi. He tries to be unfeeling, but everyone just ignores him.
EK chapter 11 . 6/27/2003
Good take, very good take. I can hear the music in my head.

EK 8 )
Shadowfax chapter 11 . 6/26/2003
Bwahahaha! I always hated it when Carlotta would break out in Italian. How are we supposed to know Italian? Nobody knows Italian! Except Italian people... and the mob... I loved the little "What the hell was that?" comment. ;b Wow. You are just really gifted when it comes to parody. You manage to find different words that fit the situation, and yet still stay in the syllable count and rhyme scheme. Wow. ] I loved Music of the Night! Reading this inspired me to pull out my well worn tape of the original cast and listen to it. [sighs in bliss] I love Phantom... You're doing such a good job with this, I insist you take the summer off! What? You're leaving anyway? Well good! hehehe Enjoy your vacation. ]
hakubaikou chapter 11 . 6/25/2003
This was great! This (and the upcoming Prima Donna) is one of my favorite parts of the musical. I practically have the words memorized, so it's really fun to see your version of it. The "sessha H.B." really cracked me up, btw!
Mewberries chapter 11 . 6/25/2003
I can't believe I missed all these new chapters! Augh! I must be losing it! Anywho, I really loved this chapter! It ranks right up there with the 'Battousai of the Teahouse' parody! I especially enjoyed that Sano found good ol' HB's sense of humor funny! "Relief" was genius! Great job! I can't wait to see more of this, even if I do have to wait all summer! Please keep going! *starts to read over again laughing out loud* :)
Death by Wasabi chapter 11 . 6/25/2003
I really like this so far! This is a lot of fun to read, espicially since I don't remember ANYTHING about the story line of Phantom of The Opera (I saw it on Broadway when I was in first grade). I think that you're doing a good job with this fic!

(Also, the dragon represents the CHINESE emperor, not the Japanese!)
Shadowfax chapter 10 . 6/15/2003
[big smile] Oh, There's more! Yea! Very well done! Yeah, kind of a boring part, but... [shrug] You write it well. ] I really like how you did the whole Music of the Night scene- that's my favorite song- and especially the next morning. I think that's one of the most difficult parts in the play to listen to, much less to write. Nice job. ]
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »