Reviews for From Sword to Knife
Bisaster chapter 3 . 2/8/2018
You could use a beta, badly, but this is surprisingly interesting to read.
thebebb chapter 3 . 2/8/2018
structural analysis is a good spell for him to use. Though I wonder if he can still draw on the experience of swords without having to trace them? Then all he'd have to do is look at his father's knife and learn how to make whatever dish he made with that knife, though it'll probably be limited only to the cutting part of the cooking
Darkjaden chapter 3 . 2/8/2018
Makes you wonder if Gaia is a pervert or is it Alaya?
guest chapter 2 . 2/8/2018
this is great plsssssss comtinue asap
KeyofSolomon.M.E chapter 2 . 2/6/2018
Great start i love it and i want to see more of this !
1arigato chapter 2 . 2/4/2018
I like this story so far, better than others I've seen in this category! Also I sympathise with you on the grinding, FGO is almost always love-hate with me T_T
miguelgiuliano.co chapter 2 . 2/3/2018
Genial historia espero con ansias por el próximo capitulo.
Ya quiero ver como será la relación que tengan Erica y Souma en el futuro .
Si Souma tiene circuitos mágicos eso quiere decir que veremos enfrentarse ha enemigos que pueden usar magia ?.
PasiveNox chapter 2 . 1/30/2018
Nice
karuma012 chapter 2 . 1/29/2018
I like it, It's a nice and friendly story, but I do kinda want to know how Shirō's magecraft will be used in the plot [story?] if he still has got access to it unlike what was impressed [assumed] in the beginning, makes it interesting and can't wait for your next update.
DrackNath chapter 2 . 1/28/2018
English might not be ur first language but you conveyed what you wanted write without a problem :3 i can see this going a long way :3 Gud luck :3
codename zero chapter 2 . 1/27/2018
((She wouldn't say it ever, but deep down, she wanted to stay forever like this.))

Until she falls for him but get stuck on the sister zone.
john15641 chapter 2 . 1/27/2018
interesting concept. though its a little bit rough around the edges because of some grammatical errors, you conveyed everything clearly. good job
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2018
Don't worry too much about your deficiencies in English, a lot of people suck shit at Malay and Japanese too. You'll be fighting an uphill battle at fixing all the grammar though, so I recommend either getting a decent English beta reader or having a friend who knows English fix a chapter for you before you post it.

Additionally, you might have trouble describing dishes and exposition as you write; another piece of advice is to write first in the language you're most comfortable writing with and have someone you trust (or, again, an English beta reader) translate them into English.

Be aware that some pieces of text might be lost in translation, however, and a pure translation would make some parts come out "clunky" in English and disrupt an otherwise smooth narrative originally written in, say, Malay.

You will have to spend a lot of time and effort into translating your thoughts and feelings into a language you might not be as capable of using so that you can improve this fic even more. It is a challenge, but the fact that you started writing a fic in said language-that is, English-as a non-primary speaker at all, makes me believe that you have the will and resources to succeed in such an endeavor.

That aside, the concept is great, and the execution equally-so. Chapter 243 in the Manga really stoked people up with the Souma/Shirou parallels, and you're blazing trails with the concept at present. There's also a decent balance between dialogue and exposition, which makes the text easy to read and the characters' conversations easy to follow.

I have to agree that the prologue is too short, though; one would think that a "transmigration" character would have more to say about their new surroundings, given the significance of such an event.

As a whole, I agree that this fic needs polishing in terms of grammar, and some more information and detail; otherwise, it's pretty decent thus far. I'm going to risk acting like a broken record and say that this fic can become even greater with critique from helpful and dedicated people who you believe are great at writing English. Keep up the good work, and you will be showered with views and reviews for the times to come.
Wrath5151 chapter 2 . 1/27/2018
Oh wow, this was great. I really felt how time has wizened Shirou from his habits, how mature its made him. I'm really looking forward to more of this.
Neema Amiry chapter 2 . 1/27/2018