Reviews for Only the Beginning
Inu chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
Dear Yami Kaosu,

I will admit i dont really frequent the Generator gawl fandom, but this story was enough to make me come back for more. I truly feel that you have captured the emotion between koji and ryo in this scene. It was an enjoayble fic and i look forward to the rest
Tex-chan chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
Wow ... I'm not sure my review can live up to your expectations, especially since I'm here cruising because I've got the worst darn writer's block at the moment. But .. I'll try.

Let's see ... first off ... I really enjoyed your fic. I think it was well-crafted and carefully written so that it flowed fairly well, and I think this is something that is especially hard to do with such a short story. There were a couple of little spots where the story failed to flow totally flawlessly ... places where, perhaps, more description of the outside action would have caused things to flow a bit more smoothly. But, I didn't think it took away from the story all that much. Certainly not enough to keep this from being an incredibly enjoyable read.

I really enjoyed your writing style. It was very easy to read, and you really drew me into the story through Kouji's thoughts. I also think you did an excellent job of getting into Kouji's head and sorting through his feelings. I'm no expert, but I thought he was very much in character. Again ... in such a short story, bringing out a character's feelings and emotions and drawing the reader into that character's head is a very hard thing to do. And you've done it - beautifully.

Overall, a terrific piece of work! I hope you will write more GG stories. In fact, I'm going to go look to see if you have any others, right now!
cdkobasiuk chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
Augh! you want so much from my review, If I could write that much I'd go and finish writing my own damn fic. Ok, because you asked so nicely and you did write a good little fic I will try.

The best thing I found was that even in his thoughts Kouji was in character. You conved the sudden fear and emotion of the opening scene very well.

One sentence was awkward 'Sighing, I smile slightly, though he knows it a serious and worried smile. '

There I did my best.

cdk
ReddAlice chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Great short fic, cute. I'm sorry I don't have anything wonderful or profound to say, but brava.

- What... does no one write Grawl yaoi? Erm
Mercedes no Inuarai chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
Good fic! Yeah, the shounen ai feelings are definately obvious between theose two. Of course, Kouji's hard to read, so we could be wrong, but still...

I like this look into Kouji's mind!
Aqua Diamond 55 chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
hi love the story . byhe
Halcyon chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
Wonderful form and not OOC or unbelievable. The only thing I want to dispute is that I know Kouji could have saved Ryou if he had to, luckily Gawl came to the rescue.

Great start into the GG fandom. I hope will continue, you seem to have a good understanding of the story and its characters.
Skywise chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Hey, glad to see something new posted here! And Koji/Ryo at that. At first, while I totally understood and agreed with your reasoning, I was afraid the different spellings would bother me. After you've been in a fandom a while and read a number of stories, your eyes get used to seeing names spelled a certain way. And sometimes when the names are different the reading doesn't go as smoothly as it normally does. BNut honestly, not a problem here. There were a few places where the story didn't flow to well. It is damn difficult to write a story with the characters reacting while the events are happening. You can still make it seem, like the action is happening right then without using only present tense verbs. Other than that, this was a good story. I love Koji and I know under that hard exterior he's as mushy as the rest of us. I'm also glad you are open for constructive criticism. A lot of times I've had authors get upset with me for making suggestions. Shows that you are a mature writer who really cares about their writing and wants to improve. I hope to see more from you in this small but wonderful fandom. Please keep up the great work!

Emma The Great