Reviews for Down and Out
Kit5 chapter 10 . 4/15/2003
Marvelous, simply marvelous. The moments between Merry and Pippin (always the bossy older cousin!); Faramir and Merry; Samwise the Mayor taking a watch. Why oh why does this have a mere 21 reviews?

You are an amazing writer and I am so pleased to have discovered you.
JJ-Ring freaks chapter 10 . 4/10/2003
Aww! This story was so sweet!I'm really glad that you did continue on... I like this ending a lot better... But I'd like it even more if it were only the ending of this chapter. I love your stories!
VercisIsolde chapter 10 . 3/27/2003
Excuse me while I go and have a good cry!

Luv

VI
Xena chapter 10 . 3/26/2003
The beginning was very touching. Great job of showing how hard it was for Pippin to even keep breathing. And the end of that chapter was... wow. Stupendous. Lovely, I can't wait for the next chapter! :P
Dana4 chapter 10 . 3/26/2003
Oh, I absolutely adore this chapter! Go Sam! That's just what had to get told to him, I think, and Sam's just the sort that... well, likely as not he's dealt with this in a way. And the ending, oh, it just starts building up the warm fuzzies. Pippin'll be able to make it through this, he just needed a bit of a wake up call.

See... I love hobbits. *happy sigh*
Lindelea1 chapter 9 . 3/26/2003
Y'know, the tight-lipped Took clan seemed a natural thing to me, considering how they behaved during the Troubles, sealing their borders to keep the ruffians out, but not going out to help the hobbits in the rest of the Shire, even though the Thain is kind of like the ruler of the Shire, as far as the Shire has a ruler, isn't he? Must go back and check but that impression is stuck in my head somehow.

Don't know why but the theme from "Godfather" is playing in my head...

Glad y'all are enjoying the story. Have reached another natural stopping place (ch 10) and have a decision to make. Do I end the story here and start a new story, taking up following events, or do I make this into another novel-length work covering Pippin's years as Thain, a la "Jewels"?
Pansy Chubb chapter 9 . 3/26/2003
This is a great chapter. It would never have occurred to me that the Took clan would be so tightlipped. Family politics. This is good.
Xena chapter 9 . 3/26/2003
I'm so glad you changed it so that everyone could review your stories. I've read them all, and they're all superb! I've loved every one of them. This was a great chapter, it's interesting how the Tooks are keeping this guarded. I can't wait for Sam to see Pippin.. wonderful stories! :P
Pansy Chubb chapter 7 . 3/25/2003
Tell your muse the drinks are on me. These last two chapters are wonderful and with the Old Gaffer's Friend and the pregnancy, looks like you are not ending it very soon. It's great how Pippin always keeps it light with a joke. Glad to see he has become a beloved Thain.
Dana4 chapter 8 . 3/25/2003
You were quite right... a short chapter, yes, but very intense. And I love it so much... On one part, for little Faramir, who I just get more and more attached to, and Merry, too, because he's right, and Pippin, who I know is strong enough to make his way through this darkness.

And then, I like the part of the book that Faramir decided to tell to his father as a story. That's the pervy part of trying to get out again, I fear. *grins*

Lovely chapter though. It does its job.
Dana4 chapter 7 . 3/25/2003
Oh, dear. More incoherent feedback. Pippin! Wail! More of this, Lindelea, I'm not hanging by a thread. Of course, always a happy ending, eh, but I can get distracted in the moment, can't I? Will you forgive me? *grins*

IloveitIloveitIloveit!
Dana4 chapter 6 . 3/25/2003
There's more! *gasp*

Well, you know I can't possibly complain. I could try, but I don't think that would get us anywhere. Here we have some reunions, and here we have some panic and perhaps complications. Oh no, me? No, I couldn't possibly complain.

*grins*

And I like it very much. More!
Pansy Chubb chapter 5 . 3/25/2003
Wonderful story. Glad to see Pippin did well as Thain. He does seem knowledgable and confident. I would love for there to be more to this story.
Dana4 chapter 5 . 3/24/2003
You have a way with your last lines. I can't put it any other way. I loved this story, and that, my dear, was that.
Dana4 chapter 4 . 3/24/2003
Oh! I love it, I love it, I love it! That mention of the Mayor and his rope... why, that was a gem, dear, and I just absolutely adored Faramir getting to put in a bit to help, and the ending, goodness, I don't think I can go on enough about it... that air of finality and you're almost worried that you'd kill them off, but you wouldn't, you couldn't, and I love the chapter ever so much. Onwards to the ending!