Reviews for Shine On Me
CygusLorman chapter 23 . 8/8
Been vibing with this so far. Will anyone from Golden Wind ever join?
TheOneDino chapter 18 . 7/25
Beautiful beatdown. Beautiful really how the tables turned and their plan came together. Also, Josuke such a reliable guy. I liked how he gels with and pulls the more awkward Kirito out of his shell. In my opinion, that relationship is the highlight of this fic. And Kira’s up to his shenanigans. The implications of his precious hands disappearing and him being unable to fulfill his desires is pretty damn interesting and damn disturbing to boot.
TheOneDino chapter 17 . 7/25
Original content comes easily to you. Your original stands especially. Aside from being fun to imagine in a fight, I wouldn’t say they throw the balance off by much. Nice work.
Aurum79 chapter 23 . 7/24
"OK, Master! Let's kill da Suguo! BEETCH!"

Yessir, my boi Koichi is here! And Yukako too? Nice! Very nice! It's good to see all these old faces that couldn't appear in the first arc! I know some people don't particularily like Koichi, but honestly, it's not the same to see him be excluded. His powers are some of the most creative concepts I've seen and I'm happy that you included him, along with this extra background information about Suguha being old friends with Yukako! Can't wait to see where you take this!

And dude, let me tell you, THANK YOU, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD for making Koichi a Pooka. One of the dumbest ideas, along with everything about the ALO arc, was the fact that ALO (the game) had NINE different goddamn factions. Nothing, and I mean nothing about that sounded balanced. For you to make Koichi a Pooka and flesh the race out, which as you know is the most forgotten and forgettable race in the entire show, game, and light novels, and to give it more details and explanations is a breath of fresh air. It's such a minor detail, but I love that you added it to flesh out not only your world, but the potential that SAO skipped out on. Keep up the good work man and I'll be patiently awaiting your next chapter.

Also, P.S. YES DUDE. Standing here, I realize, you were just like me, trying to make history. But who's to judge? The right from wrong? When our guard is down I think we'll both agree. That violence~ breeds violence~, but in the end, it has to be this WAY~!
J the Rider chapter 23 . 7/22
So I think it’s important to bring up why I’m such a perfectionist when it comes to these kinds of stories that change certain parts in canon. Like I said, I’m kind of a perfectionist and I prefer to have crossovers that retell the events of the show to stick as close to the canon as possible. I’m still open to some alterations, but for me I much prefer to stick to the author’s original vision. Worts and all. It’s why I’m not a huge fan when people make huge alterations to characters and events in say RWBY crossovers, like say changing it so Blake decides to keep her bow off in Beacon. I don’t like the show as much anymore but even still changes like these really dampen my enjoyment of the fic in question, and given the choice, I still prefer to stick as close to canon as possible because it’s closer to the creator’s intended vision. It’s also why I’m not a fan of when certain characters who die get spared in fanfics, hence why I preferred it when you killed off the Moonlit Black Cats instead of sparring them. It’s why I don’t like it when people spare Kanade from Symphogear or Pyrrha in RWBY (I was originally gonna put spoiler bumpers for these two but not only does Kanade die in the first episode of Symphogear, but Pyrrha’s death is literally the second worst kept secret since Aerith from Final Fantasy 7, it’s something everyone knows even if they never watched the show). That wasn’t the creator’s intended vision so I prefer not to alter it. It’s like sparring Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist, or hell Aeirth from FF7 you just don’t do it. Now I don’t give these criticisms to all crossovers, Akame ga Kill, change all the shit you want in that series, literally anything people can come up with is better than literally anything in that series.

But yeah, now you can see why I’m such a stickler with these kinds of things, and it’s whyI’m honestly more nervous than excited when you start tackling the later arcs like GGO or Mother’s Rosario. Mostly, you can take out Sinon’s dumb romance with Kirito and get rid of that unnecessary love triangle. I think one alteration you can make here is establish Yukki in this arc because one of my major gripes with Mother’s Rosario was that I didn’t really care about Yukki all that much about her and I wasn’t really saddened that much by her death, it’s honestly why I wasn’t as big a fan of of Mother’s Rosario (What? I never said I liked everything about SAO and you can thank Alicization for that, for that arc you can pretty much change whatever you want when you get to that as long as it still has the same concept, Ordinal Scale though please keep it the way it is I loved that movie and I really don’t want too many moments changed from it or at least keep the core premise the same). But even still there’s allot in GGO I really like so I really don’t want too much changed from it, again minus Sinon’s VERY much implied crush on Kirito.
Aurum79 chapter 22 . 6/14
"Drinking in the sights of the city . . . stirring and swirling through the streets . . ." I'm telling you man, this feels like novel level writing here!

It's good to see another chapter uploaded, and a lot to breakdown! Good to see Argo here and OH MY GOD, of course! How did they know about Kirito's and Josuke's location? Hermit Purple and Joseph, NO DUH! Genius!

Sylph too for Asuna, huh? Another plot hole filled up from the og anime! Instead of a Deus Ex Machina glitch that sends old Kirito to the Sylph lands (for some reason) it makes more sense for Asuna to pick a sylph in the first place to meet Leafa and . . . Koichi?! Or is it Recon with Koichi's Stand? Regardless, I can't wait to see some ECHOES action out there!

This series is still going strong man, and I praise you for your hard work! And once again, I'd like to draw back on how you seamlessly blended these two series together, with the core idea behind this SAO to reveal Stands to the world. I wonder if that will ever be brought up again! Can't wait to see where you take this story, dude, and I patiently await for your next chapter! Just don't stress and burn yourself out!
ScruffinMcguffin chapter 22 . 6/12
Man it is nice to see a new chapter, but all i could think of is the SAO abridged equivalent while reading this. Still it's nice seeing old and new faces here.
Tplogin chapter 22 . 6/12
Question: If Asuna becomes a stand user, what stand would she have?
J the Rider chapter 21 . 6/11
(For chapter 22) Asuna being a Sylph instead of an Undine… this is a change I’m personally not a fan of. I get you want to shake things up but this is just a personal preference thing because i really like Asuna’s Undine avatar allot more. But i do feel there could be a way to make this work. For the first bunch of chapter in this arc, you could have Asuna be in this Avatar, but have her switch to an Undine later down the road. It could also serve as a more natural and good story reason for why she would have the Undine avatar like she does in canon, and she can switch back to her real name for character development reasons.

As for Sugou, yeah again I understand the complaints with him but the things people bring up about him are why i think he serves as a good antagonist. Sugou talks and acts like he’s hot shit with his slimy and perverted creepy nature, but underneath all that he’s just a pathetic bitch. Thats the point of the story, and its another thing i plan on keeping when i make my own SAO crossover some day.
J the Rider chapter 22 . 6/11
Everyone. It’s with upmost regret that I inform you. That Billy Kametz, the voice of Josuke, passed away today of Collin Cancer at the age of 35. It was a shock to me when I learned of this, and now I pass it on.
Aurum79 chapter 21 . 4/29
Koichi's here? Cool. Sugou's not a rapey pervert? Even better! Asuna's the star of the show? You got me hooked! A potential team up with Jotaro? For God's sake, where's the anime adaptation already?!

You've come a long way man, and let me tell ya, this is one hell of a way to start a new arc! I can only imagine what kind of ALO/Stand fusion game you got going there! And many more characters we're planning to meet along the way? Yes sir! I don't have much else to say other than great chapter and take your time making this story dude! Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Cy Man chapter 3 . 4/26
Kirito already knew Argo since Floor 1, as she was the one who made and distributed the guide books for free and is also a beta tester herself and is the second person to be added on Kirito's friend after Klein. So that segment with Argo was very hard to read.

Also, as Kirito and Josuke are paired in a party, they aren't solo players at all here. And I kinda don't like how Kirito is being meek here, it's out of character for him, even here.
Cy Man chapter 2 . 4/26
So I started this fic today, and so far it's pretty cool.

I can get behind Kirito and Josuke being friends before SAO through an online game they previously played, however, I really do hope the rest of the story doesn't have them joined at the hip as it would be better for Josuke to have his own adventures in SAO and not tagging along with everything Kirito does. Every story so far that attempted that plot line has been really boring and got old quick, but I have some hope that the next chapters can be different.

Onto the next chapter.
KamenRiderWizardx chapter 1 . 4/24
I'm a Jojo Dork and Sao Fan, and I will be very honest, THIS IS SO COOL!. NoOne has ever Made A Jjba X Sao fanfic before! And It's actually good?!. I very Much happy to find This!
ScruffinMcguffin chapter 21 . 4/23
Holy shit you're back
Also Koichi? Jotaro? Now all we are missing is rohan and the part 4 crew is back!