Reviews for Attachment
AriaII56 chapter 1 . 10/15

Remember, we all are walking under the immortal shadow of Him.

His light shines so brightly, it will guide us to our foreseen destiny that is in our grasp.

Now onto the actual review:
As he returns to his dwelling tonight, he lets the pain go, feeling it pulse and then breathing it out. Suffering. He will not allow himself to succumb. He floats now without feeling, breathing out whatever comes to his mind.

His face looks melancholy. T_T
Iwinn 79 chapter 1 . 10/15

Now onto the actual review:
He wakes to familiar emptiness.

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy advises the President about the effects of science and technology on domestic and international affairs. O_O
GberGanbertII10 chapter 1 . 10/15

Now onto the actual review:
The desert is vast, and he must be safely indoors before night falls. Even in this place, where death and self defense are a way of life, he must not draw attention to himself; he must not take a life. The distant call of a krayt dragon does not quicken his step, but he registers it and he allows his senses to return to the present. The sound appears to come from the direction towards which he travels. He makes the decision to continue his pace.

So bad it hurts. O.o
Kumph-82 chapter 1 . 10/15

Now onto the actual review:
Kenobi stares at it, one hand covering the scald between his thumb and forefinger. He wonders if he should take the threadbare piece of blanket, but has a suspicion the creature is stronger than it looks. It pulls the cloth from the bed and seems to wrap it around itself before abandoning that effort and making its way onto the bed with a carefully placed leap. It curls into a ball once again, the blanket clutched between its paws, and lays its head down again, closing its eyes.

I'm going to study biology and Spanish. xD
gaylelbf chapter 1 . 5/5
Bittersweet!
SpencerBrown chapter 1 . 2/24
So sweet. Thank you for sharing!
MissScorp chapter 1 . 1/29
Hi there, Giry! You really did pull a swerve here because I actually expected that Obi-Wan would be sneaking in to see little Luke and that it was through his connection and guardianship over him that he would find himself able to heal from all that happened. Really loved that it wasn’t something that obvious. It really made things even more touching and bittersweet, especially in the end when Luke finds the grave of the little kitty and realizes the true exile that Obi-Wan endured in order to see him grow to manhood. All he had for the longest time as a companion was the companion he never gave a name but honored with a grave and a headstone.

I honestly love the opening and how you remind us that in Obi-Wan’s teachings that ((Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden.)) but twist it by revealing how ((even a Jedi craves to be touched.)) It really reminds us that for all he is a Jedi Master that he is also human and that humans have a need for social connections of any kind. Jedi are forbidden from attachments but they are not forbidden from love. Love is what empowers them and allows them greater access to the Force (as I see it). When Obi-Wan loses connection to the things he loves and finds himself isolated and alone he finds himself floundering. He even loses connection with his old Master. What keeps him going is his hope and his promise to protect a small boy and the family who took him in. Until a furry intruder seeks shelter from a krayt dragon and gives him something to connect with that helps him find the path to healing.

I like the simple things he notices, the ((tiny pointed ears, a face covered in fur, and green eyes that stare unblinkingly.)) Obi-Wan isn’t one to notice unimportant details or to focus long on something. He takes notice of what is most important and prepares for whatever possible outcome might arise. It’s the hallmark of his training as a Jedi— always be at the ready and anticipate everything possible. There is also that inherent belief in the Force and in trusting that if this small animal meant harm that he’d have felt stirrings in the Force warning him. There is no such warning so he calms and watches as the thing tears his raggedy blanket off his bed and essentially claims it as its own (such a cat move there).

When ((...he notices steaks of bantha meat on display.)) I knew he was instantly going to think about the little houseguest he has waiting back at his dwelling. No, it isn’t ((a luxury he would)) that he would at this point ((afford himself.)) since he lives in exile and doesn’t necessarily have a steady source of income that allows for such a luxury. Plus, he’s in exile and I can see him viewing his situation as what he deserves for failing all those he feels he letdown when Anakin turned. I like that he pushes that sentiment aside ((for a moment before purchasing two.)) It shows his regards and his level of maturity towards other lifeforms has changed since those days on Naboo when his attitude towards Jar Jar was not as hospitable.

I think the fact that ((She gives him permission to heal.)) from ((The guilt, the pain. The war, the massacre. The battles, the death. Anakin. Qui-Gon. The promises he'd made, the ones he had failed to keep. Luke.)) really works because it shows he’s ready to forgive himself, he just needed that little push to do so. He’s not perfect and he couldn’t see that everything that happened was by will of the Force and out of his hands. This also shows his connection to the little cat. He never names her, never feels it appropriate to claim ownership of her, but he shares his life, his home and his secrets with her. She is a trusted friend. Someone he can speak his thoughts too and share his adventures without fear of discovery or persecution.

Oh man, when Luke ((notices a small headstone a short ways from the hut. The inscription is brief, a date, the footprint of an animal. Yet, he can feel the Force radiating around it; he knows it is someone Ben cared deeply about.)) I about lost it. It was such a beautiful moment and one that allowed Luke to see his friend and mentor in a different way. This wasn’t the man who convinced him to go on a grand adventure to stop the Empire and save a princess. This wasn’t even the mentor who guided him on his path to becoming a Jedi. This was the man who everyone believed an old hermit who lived alone out in the desert. Obi-Wan was all those things but he wasn’t alone. He had a special friend who helped him get through his exile. One he honored with a special grave and a marker that served as a reminder of the power of friendship. I also like that the ending has Luke looking towards Jabba’s, where his friends are and committing him further to helping get the one back they lost. It brings it all full circle and reminds us how we are nothing without those sorts of connections.

This was a beautiful piece in all and something I greatly enjoyed reading. Fantabulous job!
mrspencil chapter 1 . 1/28
Penned beautifully:-)
Valairy Scot chapter 1 . 1/27
My two cats (and I) approve!

Love the part about housecleaning is also about soul cleansing.
Ancalagon chapter 1 . 1/27
Thank you for sharing. I very much enjoyed this piece.