Reviews for Ancillae
starryeyes10 chapter 10 . 4/16/2008
great story
Dugleik chapter 10 . 2/15/2006
did I mention that your my hero? Well you are.
Dugleik chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
for some reason I was looking for angst stories, and I found this one. I can't say it's nice, or that I like it (well I do, but that sounds terrible). I can say that I want to read more, that doesn't make me sound like a total psycho, does it?
Bleeding-Gemstone chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
Wow. I just read the very first paragraph, and I had to come down and comment. Just reading that intriges me. You're a very good writer.
Brandywine421 chapter 10 . 12/11/2003
Any chance of an update or have you lost your muse? Really enjoy the characters that you've created. This is a great story.
Trill chapter 10 . 8/6/2003
I love this story. I think your writing is better than the scripts for the actual show.

Poor Tim. I hope things start going better for him soon...
trinity4 chapter 10 . 7/22/2003
ah, you do a good dipso day cassie.
yaba chapter 10 . 7/22/2003
Oh my god, i still had to reread this, this is awesome i loved it, and poor speed...i'd take care of him *sniff*
Raven chapter 10 . 7/22/2003
Yay! The chapter we've all been waiting for is here! All my questions have been answered! I promised an ultra-long review, so here it is! I'm going to start at the top of the page and work my way down, commenting all the while.

I really like the words you use in the first 2 lines! Boss-mode, slipping and scuffles! 3 words I never thought I'd hear in the same sentence. Just a thought about your beginning. I tend to have a lot of trouble with the start of chapters, so I'm not complaining or anything. A quote is a pretty good start, compaired to some of mine. I dunno, maybe you should have started with something more... profound? I'm not sure what I'm trying to say...

I also like Tim's fears about H not giving him his gun. Thinking that H doesn't really trust him anymore. By H's behaviour as soon as Speed steps into the room, I'd think that he was almost regretting making that promise. Afterall, it would be so much easier to just leave Tim back in the lab. H could have easily have gone back on his promise, an order is an order, no matter what promises were made. However, breaking his promises is against his... um, whats the word... morals? I dunno. And H really does care about Speed no matter how he acts while in his "boss-mode". Giving Speed his gun showed him that he did trust him.

I can't wait until "Wednesday's" session with Jude and Juni! An OC party! Speed's gonna be outnumbered! (Did that make any sense at all?)

I love the personnality you give to Pat. (Another great OC, BTW!) All of your comments in this chapter show that Pat is a family-man, with a dead-pan sense of humor. You really bring Pat to life, and even I'm a bit sad that he's dead now.

Now, the small interaction with Speed and Calleigh was interesting. I've been reading a lot of S/C stories lately, (because there are virtually no just-Speed-centered stories around... at least right now) and none of them would ever have Calleigh in such an... unflattering? light. I mean, I don't have anything against S/C stories, and in them they do have misunderstandings where one character may be more responsible than the other, but I haven't really seen any that have this purely "Speed" perspective. Do you know what I'm talking about? Probably not.

H's reaction was perfect. Understanding, because he's one of the few who had been there for him. Anger, because he also knew Calleigh fairly well, and knew that she didnt really deserve the blow off that Speed gave her. H's weird, random comment is something I could see someone actually doing in real life. Sort of like holding a gun sideways because it was in a movie. It just makes H a little more human, that he's trying to be the sentimental person he doesn't show very often.

Your imagery of the shooting scene was really good! I could see it all playing out in my mind. My favourite line in this chapter is:

"Finally my ears catch up when he lays a hand on my neck and tells me to keep breathing. As opposed to what I’ve been doing for the last few minutes, which was holding my breath? Good morning, Lieutenant, I know it’s early but could you flip on your frontal lobe?"

You just have a way of writing these little tidbits in that makes the whole story that much more realistic. It's those little sarcastic parts that show just how... Tim is. I think that in some way cutting is how he releases that anger. And now that he's not allowed to cut anymore, and he's not allowed to make sarcastic comments, he might just... explode!

The last 2 lines are almost... poetic. Tim's gonna have even more problems now that Pat's died as well. (See? I'm already on a first name basis with your OC!)

Well, that's it for my ultra-long review! I can't wait for the next chapter!

~Raven
Raven chapter 10 . 7/22/2003

Aphy chapter 10 . 7/20/2003
Of course, this was a great chapter. The ending was, I guess, something I expected.

Poor Timmy.

Well, I'm at a loss for words right now because I'm tired and I haven't eaten in a while. _ I hope you update sometime in the near future!

~Aphy

(I'll talk to you soon on MSN but it's been going insane lately so-)
yaba chapter 9 . 6/23/2003
beautiful...just fucking beautiful, just read it...and idiot me, who has been surfing the site for a full day and skipped this...you rock keep going.
Raven chapter 9 . 6/19/2003
Hey again! Sorry I haven't had the chance to review until now! To make up for it though I'll write one of my ultra-long reviews for the next chapter you write. You said that it might take a few days? Thats fine with me, but I'm going to be leaving in a week for some god-forsaken island where I don't even have a TV, let alone a computer. So, if you can get the next chapter posted in the next few days I should have the time to read it, and write my thoughts on it. I can't wait! Keep writing!

~Raven
trinity4 chapter 9 . 6/17/2003
it's okay that this chapter isn't dipso day, i'm glad you wrote it.
Aphy chapter 9 . 6/15/2003
I'm so happy you've finally updated; I know what it's like to not plan your stories but just write them as they come. I pretty much do that with all my stories. _ And I bare no rotten fruit.

*is in a calm mood right about now*

Ah, the way you portray Tim is just amazing; the way he thinks and acts is how I see him in the series. Same with Meg and Horatio. I also REALLY like how you've done Jude; he's like Mini Tim except he's probably going to have a bit of a better life if you know what I mean *points to the thing Tim went through*

I really like how you describe your characters and their actions; it's perfectly done and I applaud you on that. Perfecto.

~Aphy